Diablo 3

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
If you've got the digital version you can finally install the game. I did that this afternoon, then got pissed off when it said they weren't putting the servers on until 12:00 AM PDT..... Pretty funny how all these stores are having midnight launches and you can't play the game for another another three hours...

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Others may have the same problem in the near future so I figured I'd put my two cents out there.

I have the annual pass and did the predownload of D3 previously (7.6gb). Tried installing it today and got the same error a lot of other people are having...Something related to the .part files that shouldn't be there. Tried fixing it as directed on the forums and it didn't work, but here's what did work and didn't cause me headaches in the process.

Just delete your D3 folder completely and redownload/install. The new downloader both downloads and installs at the same time(instead of the old one that just downloaded with files to be installed at a later time), plus it's a slightly larger file size (8.19gb I think). It made it to 100% complete, I hit play, saw the opening cinematics, tried to log-in, but of course, the servers were down at this time.

So I say if you have problems with your previously downloaded files not installing correctly, screw the fixes which work for some and not others...Just delete the D3 folder completely and reinstall...They suggest not letting your cpu go to sleep in the process..Worked for me.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
If you've got the digital version you can finally install the game. I did that this afternoon, then got pissed off when it said they weren't putting the servers on until 12:00 AM PDT..... Pretty funny how all these stores are having midnight launches and you can't play the game for another another three hours...

Considering the amount of server congestion they are anticipating during the launch day, I doubt many will have an easy time getting into the game on the 15th at any time of the day, let alone 12 AM PST. If things go smooth tomorrow I'll definitely buy it after work, but otherwise I'm probably going to wait a day or two.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Others may have the same problem in the near future so I figured I'd put my two cents out there.

I have the annual pass and did the predownload of D3 previously (7.6gb). Tried installing it today and got the same error a lot of other people are having...Something related to the .part files that shouldn't be there. Tried fixing it as directed on the forums and it didn't work, but here's what did work and didn't cause me headaches in the process.

Just delete your D3 folder completely and redownload/install. The new downloader both downloads and installs at the same time(instead of the old one that just downloaded with files to be installed at a later time), plus it's a slightly larger file size (8.19gb I think). It made it to 100% complete, I hit play, saw the opening cinematics, tried to log-in, but of course, the servers were down at this time.

So I say if you have problems with your previously downloaded files not installing correctly, screw the fixes which work for some and not others...Just delete the D3 folder completely and reinstall...They suggest not letting your cpu go to sleep in the process..Worked for me.

thanks for the heads up. Guess it doesn't really matter if I have to re-download the install files. I'm not staying up til 3am Eastern for the servers to go live.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Installed the game. I'll probably be online around 8:00AM PDT tomorrow to play.

EDIT: I had the installation error as well - I did not have to delete any files. I simply ran the download client again and it updated, then I could install.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Just wanted to say my Battle.Net account name is MoonJump81#1643 I always put numbers in my account, didn't know I'd have the 81 and the other numbers as well. I wonder how bad it'll be tonight once 12:00 AM PDT hits. As much as I'd like to try it out, I know the servers are gonna get hammered so it's best to wait.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm not even going to bother unless I can't get to bed by then, even then I'll probably just create a character.

Had too much caffeine this evening - usually I'm out by this time.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I just played for 3 hours with a couple of friends of mine. My Battlenet tag is JakeThor. So far it feels REALLY good. It took me an hour or two to get back in the Diablo mindset, but after that it felt really natural.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
well shit. My macbook pro is a few years old and can only run this on the lowest settings. Son of a ____ . So then I try it on a Mac tower and the video card isn't supported. Blah... So either deal with crappy graphics or build a gaming rig.

Guess I should give this a few days before I make any hardware purchases.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Was all pumped to play and couldn't get in to play last night (Granted, I only tried for like an hour..) Get on this afternoon and they are doing something with maintainence for the next hour, so can't play again...I can't imagine this will go on for much longer today...

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Figured they were doing something on their end. I was able to finish up what I had to do today so I quick loaded the game up and made a character and he's not showing up on the list and I'm getting error messages when I try to log in. I just want to make sure the game will run alright on my rig. I know I'll have to shut the settings down to low, so for me it'll keep looking like Diablo II. I just hope the Witch Doctor is as fun to play as The Necromancer was. I'll miss cursing and using Corpse Explosion, but seeing how you can make it rain frogs and also summon a giant bullfrog that will eat enemies, I think I'll have fun with him.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
11:30 a.m. PDT- We are in the process of performing an emergency maintenance for Diablo III servers in the Americas to resolve several issues that are currently impacting the game. This maintenance may cause some interruption in communication, ability to log in, use of in-game features, and disconnections. We anticipate all servers will be available for play at approximately 1:30 p.m. PDT. We will provide further updates as necessary. Thank you for your patience.

Hah! Even when I finish up everything I gotta do today I still wait two hours to play the damn thing! It's last night all over again!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You guys all suck. I hope you all die of dysentery. 2playerfighting4Life!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
went to the store to buy it today and saw the $60 price tag. I think my priorities have changed because I couldn't see myself dropping that much money on it.

I ended up buying Shadows of the Damned instead.

I'll reconsider once the price drops by ten bucks or the expansion comes out. I'm not in a rush as people will always be rerolling characters.

I need to get back to Street Fighter as well and wrap up this second run of Skyrim first too.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
FYI, do NOT change shields on your Templar follower if you're using demon hunter class. Kotaku wrote a post this morning about a game breaking bug if you change the follower's shield. Hopefully bliz will have it fixed asap.
http://kotaku.com/5910360/game-breaking-bug-discovered-in-diablo-iii

Yeah, I read about that...I don't know about you, but I find a number of the blue Blizzard mod posts funny at times...Someone asked "How did could this have possibly slipped past quality control?"...and the response was..."The will of the templar is stronger."...

Guess it's better to laugh than be pissed at this time considering I took a couple days off of work to play D3 and haven't yet even played a minute of the game(but I was able to solve my MoP beta problem and got a chance to play some of that-It was meh), but in reality, I've gotten a bunch of stuff done and time away from work is fricking awesome anyway you slice it..

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
1:55 p.m. PDT - Starting at approximately 2:15 p.m. PDT, we will be bringing Diablo III servers in the Americas offline for urgent maintenance to address several issues that are impacting the game. We anticipate that maintenance will last for about an hour and that servers will be available at approximately 3:30 p.m. PDT. We will provide further updates as they are necessary. Thank you for your patience.

You can cut the nerd rage with a knife.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
If the servers are up and my wife leaves me alone, I hope to play a bit at about 9PM EST tonight.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I haven't had a single problem yet with D3. Loving it.

I'm in Act 2 on Normal, I think I'm around halfway done with the act.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Of what I could play yesterday I made a Witch Doctor and passed the first act. I of course named him "Mudman". I kept playing till I hit level 11 because I wanted to unlock his frog skill and holy shit was I disappointed with it. He throws out three little frogs and they have hardly any range but do decent damage. Problem is the Doc's so squishy you don't want to get close to a mob. Plus he also grunts every time he attacks. So since the frogs don't stay out that long he's constantly grunting like an idiot.