A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Bump

PS4/XBone release date August 19th.

I'm ready for this dark, mature game.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I haven't played in a few weeks now...got really burned out trying to farm rifts for specific legendaries I was missing. I'm hoping I'll get that second wind soon.

Bump

congrats man.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I haven't played in a few weeks now...got really burned out trying to farm rifts for specific legendaries I was missing. I'm hoping I'll get that second wind soon.

Just keep grinding away at it. This is a Blizzard game at the heart of it. You know if you want to get anywhere, you're going to have to invest time into it.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I've been playing a lot more lately. I just find it sad that In the last two weeks, I haven't gotten one piece of gear to upgrade. I do rifts all the time, and my friends and I split up to knock bounties out across all acts as fast as possible. Then, when I don't get any drops, I spend all my blood shards on gambling. I've easily wasted over a thousand just rolling a pair of gloves. I just don't get it, and it's not like my gear is amazing, either. It shouldn't be this fucking bad.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I hit a rough patch where for about week I hadn't gotten a damn thing I could use. It was really frustrating. I told myself that if I didn't get anything this playthrough I was done for awhile. Of course I got something I could use. Once you kind of max out your gear you really gotta look at your individual build. Look for items that give % damage of a particular type like fire, lightning, etc. When you start altering your spells to coincide with those buffs you start doing much more damage. Don't always trust the paper DPS % changes you see on the inventory screen. Also once you start to max out on individual gear its all about getting those green plans and crafting your armor. The bonus set piece buffs then take you to the next level.

I'm to the point now where I'm farming for crafting pieces and the legendary drops I get anymore are all useless and just get salvaged.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
You do realise that the legendary lvl 70 drops get better as you run the higher torment levels?

It's about being able to survive those levels long enough to find gear that will sustain you at that level.

Also, MF%! I was running in a party with a guy who had 110% MF, I have zero. In one run I found two legs, two greens and a rare ring that was a big upgrade.

I guess it's all about the grind, if it's slow, there is not much that can be done. At least your paragon is rising which in turn is providing a sustainability through points, even if it is a very slow grind.

I'll also add it was about two weeks before I had any change at all. Last night was lucky, I guess.

Where's gumdrops? That guy is a leveling machine! ;)

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Where's gumdrops? That guy is a leveling machine! ;)

I am here, lurking as usual.

I finally completed my Jade WD set, also have the Zunimassa pet set. I was having a horrid time trying to locate the jade stuff until Blizz added torment only set items to Kadala's drop table, allowing me to gamble the shoulders and gloves I was missing. It is much easier to get set stuff now with that change.

As for getting upgrades and gambling. The droprate from Kadala (assuming blizz has not fucked with it recently) is in the 1.5-1.6% range per attempt (data on that here).

Now let's say you are a witch doctor and want the Tasker and Theo gloves since they boost your pet attack speed by roughly 45%. They have a shitty droprate of 2.13% assuming the item rolled is a pair of leg gloves (best approx we currently have as to weighted dropweights). Using 1.6% that means you are going to need 15,000 bloodshards which is more of less 290 T1 rift runs to get your T&T to drop. Obviously some people will only need to spend 100 shards and others not as lucky might have to spend 20,000, which happened to someone in my clan.

That is a more extreme example as nearly all other items including set items have a much higher droprate. Magefists are a very solid pair of gloves and have a 20% rate so of course will be much easier to attain. I am actually rather shocked blizz didnt lower the set rates from kadala down into the 3-5% range, it is almost too easy to gamble them now IMO.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Legendary drops have increased by 100%. Played rifts with my friend on torment 2 for 2 hours. I only got one shitty blacksmith plan. I don't even know why I try anymore.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Well finally played again since late 2012/early 2013.

I'm liking the changes. Played with a friend who has the RoS and it's pretty entertaining again. Got two legendary drops. New gear is crazy compared to legacy gear.

I'll probably get the expansion soon.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Legendary drops have increased by 100%. Played rifts with my friend on torment 2 for 2 hours. I only got one shitty blacksmith plan. I don't even know why I try anymore.

I feel you man. Once the allure of RoS wore off I quickly got tired of the grind again. I do want to try out the recent changes to Crusader though, so maybe that will hold my interest for a bit once I get some time to dig into it again.

Pantarou

Zero's Secretary
I am a Diablo Fan, but Part 3 didn't really fascinate me.However , I've bought the expansion on its release and I think the Game got better through that.I won't spend that many time with it playing solo however, its only quite fun in coop when my brother wants to play too.

Magician

20 Year Member
Digital preorders opened up on the PS4 yesterday, still set for release on August 19th.

My money's down.

This should be a nice distraction until Destiny arrives.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I've gotten back into this. I decided to try it out again and it is world's better. I will probably even get the expansion.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Bump

Is it bad that I'm actually really looking forward to the PS4 port? Comfy couch and a controller. Plus, I thought the 360 version was more fun than the PC, local multiplayer likely being a big part.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
OK you know what's screwed up? If you just have base-game and have the latest update, you get stuff from the expansion. That means weapons and armor you can't actually use because its either above the level cap or for the Crusader.

So.

I bought the expansion. BUT the cool thing is, you just activate the CD key and no installation from the DVD or downloading necessary. Sneaky Blizzard...

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Been playing this a bit more lately. Found Jade Harvester chest armour for my Witch Doctor, couple with the gloves I already had, so it looks as though I'll be following a build to match the set.

Finally I can handle Torment IV.

Magician

20 Year Member
Anyone else getting this on da quattro?

Perhaps we could party up?

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I'm just waiting for the next patch on PC to come out. Had fun with frozen orb until they fixed it. Now I mostly play a Wand of Woh wizard. Still pissed about not being able to trade. I don't understand why they ever thought disabling trading was a good idea.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Been playing this a bit more lately. Found Jade Harvester chest armour for my Witch Doctor, couple with the gloves I already had, so it looks as though I'll be following a build to match the set.

Finally I can handle Torment IV.

At least you can find set drops now at a decent clip. Prior to the recent buffs many of the set pieces only had a 6-8% chance of dropping (ie assuming a leg armor drops it only has a 6-8% chance of being a specific set chest piece). Suffice it to say that if you were only missing 1 or 2 set items you would have to play hundreds of hours to get them. The base drop rate was increased by 100% and the set drop rate was increased by 100% since then. Not to mention the addition of Kadala for item gambling.