Diablo 3

lions3

Igniz's Servent
082008diablo3fiery16001200_2.jpg

Yes, it's about to hit the interwebs on the 15th. Dust off the mac or pc and get the download engines ready.

So here's a thread to start the madness.

What character are you going to play first?
What's your BattleTag?

NG user = BattleTag
Average Joe = JeetKuneJoe#1289
BobbyPeru = HMCSTO#1460
cannonball = DrHorrible#1952
greedostick = jfoe1980#1212
gum_drops = gumdrops#1413
Lagduf = Lagduf#1694
lions3 = Lions3#1871
Moon Jump = MoonJump81#1643
Neo Maikeru = Calikitz#1602
RBjakeSpecial = JakeThor
Soilwork = wespaul#1183

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
FYI: The game can be downloaded now.

You can install the game beginning at 8:00AM PDT on May 14.
Game is unlocked to play at 12:00AM PDT on May 15.

I'll be playing as a Witch Doctor first time through.

BattleTag is Lagduf.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Decided to play this after all. The wife is going to be a witch doctor, and I'm going to play as a demon hunter. I think the 'hate' meter is pretty funny, like when the character says "I don't have enough hate", LOL.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
okay, 14th to start downloading. I was wondering how far in advance they would let us DL.

I'm either playing a barbarian or wizard. I'm still on the fence.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Since this is Blizz we're talking about this is going to be able to run on pretty much any rig like WoW, right? I'm on a 32-Bit Vista and Nvida and I don't feel like dropping 60 bones on something if I don't know if it'll work or not. I'm in if they'll be people playing. I got into D2 when I went to this comic shop near my house that had a LAN center. D2 was the hot new thing so everybody played it. The owner of the shop invited me to play and I got hooked on it.

If the game will work for me, I'll be playing a Witch Doctor since I played the hell out of the Necromancer in D2. I rather have a bunch of minions do my dirty work and run around casting spells to de-buff mobs. I'm gonna miss Corpse Explosion!

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Here's the system min. requirements
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements

WINDOWS
Windows® XP/Vista/7 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c
Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better
1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB (Vista/7)
12 GB available HD space
DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
Broadband** Internet connection
1024x768 minimum resolution​

MAC
Mac® OS X 10.6.8, 10.7.x or newer
Intel® Core 2 Duo
NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better
2 GB RAM
12 GB available HD space
DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
Broadband** Internet connection
1024x768 minimum resolution​

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
okay, 14th to start downloading. I was wondering how far in advance they would let us DL.

I'm either playing a barbarian or wizard. I'm still on the fence.

You can download it now.

You can't install it until May 14.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Looks like I just made the cutoff. I had to upgrade my graphics card this past summer to a 9600 GT because the fan in my old one shit the bed. Even with all the advancements it'll still look like Diablo 2. I just hope it'll run alright because I'm planning on using a pet class.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Just got a message from game.co.uk that they won't ship the collector's edition to Brazil because it weights more then 1kg :/
So fuck it, I'll just get the downloadable version.

Last edited:

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Thanks for the update on the install time..

After playing the beta with a demon hunter and a monk...It was a landslide decision to play as a monk...Fucking fun stuff the monk is..

But really, in due time I'll give all the classes a shot..

lol..Just bought the strategy guide on Amazon..Not really necessary, but I think it'll be fun to read...And it'll be here on Saturday!!!

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Do we need the numbers after out battletag? Here is my full one: Lagduf#1694

Does Diablo natively support voice chat? It didn't seem to be an option in the Beta but I was pretty sure that Starcraft 2 supported voice chat. My friend and I had to use Skype when we played.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Yeah, if I read it correctly you need those numbers for friending users. Blizzard allows multiple people to use the same name. So the numbers are what make you unique for friending.

As to voice chat it looks like we're SOL. I did a little googling and it def won't be available at launch. And not sure if they're adding it later or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Weak, skype it is I guess!

Guys I probably won't play with a group too heavily at launch, at least not until I beat normal. I kinda want to experience the story and then get to the grinding.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Guys I probably won't play with a group too heavily at launch, at least not until I beat normal. I kinda want to experience the story and then get to the grinding.

yeah, I'm probably going to do the same.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I might do the same thing. Whenever I played in a group everybody knew what they were doing and skipped all the dialog. Do we need to make separate characters for online and offline games? I remember not knowing to do that with D2 and getting pissed that I couldn't use my one character online with my friends.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I hope this is a good game. I played D2 for 8 or 9 years. Last new game I bought from Blizzard was Starcraft II, played it for a month and promptly forgot about it. Seems like a waste of $60.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I might do the same thing. Whenever I played in a group everybody knew what they were doing and skipped all the dialog. Do we need to make separate characters for online and offline games? I remember not knowing to do that with D2 and getting pissed that I couldn't use my one character online with my friends.

There's no such thing as an offline Diablo 3 game. As such there are only online characters.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

The game requires a constant internet connection. You have to log in to Battle.net to play. There is no "offline."

Edit: What Jaelus said.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Downloaded the game today. FYI, it's 7.6 GB.

If you click the installer you get the message, "The fire from the sky still falls. Diablo III has not yet launched."

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
This is going to be a fun feature:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5406050/Character_Profiles_Coming_Soon-5_11_2012#blog

Blizzard said:
Shortly after the launch of Diablo III, we’ll be adding a new feature to our official site. Profiles will let you review all of your character information at a glance, share it with others, and check out the accomplishments of the other heroes out there.
You’ll be able to look at your heroes (or your friends’ heroes) from any page on the Diablo III site through our personalized menu. If you’re curious about the exploits of your fellow forum posters, it’ll be a simple matter to click over to their profiles and feel envious of their gear or how long they’ve managed to keep their Hardcore characters alive.
Our first profiles release will include these two elements:

A career tab that displays all of your heroes, how far you’ve progressed in the Diablo III campaign, how many foes you’ve slain, the names and playtimes of your fallen Hardcore heroes, and more.
A heroes tab that shows off your equipment (including dyes, socketed gems, all equipment bonuses, etc.), your attributes and skills, the skills and equipment of your Followers, and more.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm pretty pumped for this as it gets closer. I'll be completely moved into my new place with a solid two weeks before summer classes start. I fully expect to gain ten pounds, lose three friends, and have zero sex while this goes down.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Gametag: gumdrops#1413

I will be playing either the barb of demon hunter, although I didn’t get a chance to try out the witch doctor during the stress test weekend so I may mess with that for an hour or so before deciding.

Like others, I will be playing solo for the first few weeks to go at my own pace for the first play through.

I'm pretty pumped for this as it gets closer. I'll be completely moved into my new place with a solid two weeks before summer classes start. I fully expect to gain ten pounds, lose three friends, and have zero sex while this goes down.

Seems like a fair tradeoff to me.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

I'll try to have sex while playing, the GF shouldn't mind too much

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I wish I could be excited for this game, but I never got into 1 or 2 all that much. It's not that I hate the games, they just never drew me in. Though I'll probably check out my friend's copy once he gets it to see what all the fuss is about.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I wish I could be excited for this game, but I never got into 1 or 2 all that much. It's not that I hate the games, they just never drew me in. Though I'll probably check out my friend's copy once he gets it to see what all the fuss is about.

Did you like Borderlands?

It's about Loot.

Nightmare is the sweet spot in terms of difficulty for me, at least as far as Diablo 2 is concerned. Beating Hell difficulty is a LOT of fun.

The game is definitely best played with a group. If you only soloed the game I could see it getting real old real quick.