Diablo 3

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Well the Monk has been broken for some time. I haven't tried again since 2.1, where the changelog shows they made a lot of changes.

I notice that each class has different physical mechanics. For example, I can play the barb and WD with just the mouse, but the Wizard requires me to use the keyboard more. Is that what you mean?

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I really enjoy the monk, but for just mindless farming, I definitely prefer the witch doctor. Monk requires more attention.

Magician:

This monk build has served me well: monk
And this poison pet based witch doctor as well: witch doctor

(edit: i haven't played in a few months, so these builds might not even be good/exist anymore with skill changes that have occurred)

Last I played I was farming for a particular legendary head piece for the WD. With that my DPS would be so much higher. I do stack more defense in these characters as this is hardcore server though, so you may be able to go more offensive with your gems.

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Is that what you mean?

I ment just the switch from ranged to melee. Going from kiting with the Wizard to gorilla tactics with the Monk was a shock. I'd imagine my experience with the Monk will improve as my gear and skills progress. Atleast adventure mode on normal difficulty with my alts has been...beneficial. Love those horadric bags.

Edit: P.S. - Yup, Witch Doctor is much more to my liking. Its pets draw the right amount of aggro. His other skills feel powerful and/or useful. The first skill generator option for this class reminds me of my favorite class from Sacred 2 (the Dryad, equipped with a blowgun).

As my first hardcore character I think the Witch Doctor was the right choice for me.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
I finished my first hardcore playthrough. The witch doctor is a blast to play as. Aggro pets, AoE damage, strong single target DoT. I don't like it as much as my lightning wizard, however...the good doctor is a close second.

Now, back to that dreadful Monk. The sooner I take him to 70 the sooner I get to rolling a Barb.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I hit 60 on my weakling barb... which was surprising that he would be the first. I also made a Seasonal Crusader that I just started last night. Speaking of seasons, there are people who were able to get to level 70 in just a couple days, I see on the leaderboards. Oh to have that kind of free time!

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Blizzard kinda messed up putting everyone on a even playing field for seasons. If you had a 70 previously you could do T6 immediately from the get go and exploit some bounties that didn't involve killing to get to 70 in 2-3 hours.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Wait. I thought they did the exact opposite to what you have just stated; I had to create a new character for this season. I couldn't use any of my other lvl 70 characters.

That would defeat the whole purpose of the season. I'm under the impression it matches the Ladder present in Diablo 2. Once the season is over, a new season begins and everyone starts from scratch.

From what I understand you can then keep your season character as a normal character if you so choose. I assume that any obtained Paragon levels for that season character would then be placed onto your normal characters.

Anyone clarify this?

Last edited:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Wait. I thought they did the exact opposite to what you have just stated; I had to create a new character for this season. I couldn't use any of my other lvl 70 characters.

That would defeat the whole purpose of the season. I'm under the impression it matches the Ladder present in Diablo 2. Once the season is over, a new season begins and everyone starts from scratch.

From what I understand you can then keep your season character as a normal character if you so choose. I assume that any obtained Paragon levels for that season character would then be placed onto your normal characters.

Anyone clarify this?

You start a new character. What was stated above is that the option to take that new character into Torment 6 is unlocked for your fresh new level 1 character. People used an exploit that goes from 1 to 70 in 1.6 hours. There are a ton of youtube videos on how to do it. It pretty much broke the ladders.

I haven't jumped into the season game yet.

I had a crazy thing happen today. I killed a weird looking treasure goblin and a portal to whimsey shire opened up! It was crazy.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
People will always exploit a bug first, then report it, so that they can get what they want out of it. They tell the world and then it gets fixed. Another bug that was live in 2.1 was a 4 player group of Crusaders (or Monks, I forget) that used properly would allow for 100% invincibility. Think about it, the patch came out August 26 and the invincibility bug was report on Youtube 2 days later. I think access to PTR is part of the problem, these glitches probably were found there.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
That Miners Gold quest (where you dont have to kill anything to get the exp) has been around since the launch of Reaper of Souls back in March. People have been using it to level alts for months now. Just like the way of exploiting a save point to kill Mathael over and over to reach para 1000, which someone did, Blizzard I think just doesn't really give a shit. Hell, one of the diablo devs Travis Day multiboxes.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Was lucky enough to find Gloves of Worship on a Master difficulty Act 2 Bounty cache just earlier. Seasonal too.

Lvl 70 item with fairly average stats but that "Shrine effects last 10 minutes" makes it all worthwhile.

edit: Just had Royal Ring of Grandeur drop two games later. Probably the luckiest session ever.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Was lucky enough to find Gloves of Worship on a Master difficulty Act 2 Bounty cache just earlier. Seasonal too.

Lvl 70 item with fairly average stats but that "Shrine effects last 10 minutes" makes it all worthwhile.

edit: Just had Royal Ring of Grandeur drop two games later. Probably the luckiest session ever.

View attachment 18446

nice one. I've done hundreds of act 2 bounties specifically for those gloves and haven't seen them yet.

Magician

20 Year Member
I'm hoping to knockout the platinum trophy before Destiny is in my hands.

I just need to get my Barb to 70 (easy) and 125 bounties (not so easy).

If I run bounties all day after work tomorrow I think I'll get there.

Magician

20 Year Member
LOL just run the bounties in Normal diff.

Oh I know, that's the difficulty I've always ran them at. It's just a question of time. I want atleast five hours of sleep before Destiny, which means I'll be crashing at 7pm CST. I doubt I'll get through 125 bounties in four hours, regardless of difficulty.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
nice one. I've done hundreds of act 2 bounties specifically for those gloves and haven't seen them yet.

Yeah man, I'm pretty stoked and surprised at my luck. Because that's all it is. I've heard of people doing endless runs and these just not showing up.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Found a bug with the ferret pets for Demon Hunter. Last night the ferrets grabbed a Treasure Goblin, which then became a pet. It followed me around and would actually loot normal items for itself (they didn't show up in my inventory)
Screenshot026_zps770dc8d2.jpg

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
You mean you equipped a puzzle ring? :)

320px-Puzzle-ring-db.jpg

Found a bug with the ferret pets for Demon Hunter. Last night the ferrets grabbed a Treasure Goblin, which then became a pet. It followed me around and would actually loot normal items for itself (they didn't show up in my inventory)
Screenshot026_zps770dc8d2.jpg

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Is anybody playing on the console version? I'm interesting in hearing thoughts on them.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Is anybody playing on the console version? I'm interesting in hearing thoughts on them.
My PS4 copy is set to arrive sometime between today and saturday. I'll post my impressions on it when I get to sit down and play (when the kids are asleep).

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm on the fence about Destiny and I'm waiting to snap Wasteland 2 on a steam sale so I've come back to Diablo 3.

I've been playing rarely this year.

I just snagged all the Legendary Gems except the one you get from Greed in the Treasure Goblin realm. I've yet to visit that. My main is a Monk that has been pretty weak but I feel like it's finally coming together. I have some good gear I just need to socket a couple items and I'll be golden.

Money is still an issue for me.

Doing anything in this game takes forever.

I mostly play with my buddy who runs a Wizard.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
It's the best game I've played this year on PS4.

I played about 3 hours and worked through the intro level to rescue deckard cain. So far, the game is pretty fun and graphics run smoothly. I like how the actions are mapped mostly to the right side of the controller with the skills. I'm used to the d-pad moving around but that was so 12 years ago with the original Diablo on PSX. This works too, it's just a matter of getting used to the controls. I don't have PS+ so I can not speak to having multiplayer sessions with internet co-op. The first few tasks are easy enough for anyone not familiar to the game to pick up and play. Easily one of the best games on PS4 currently (with DW8 XL a close second place).

Edit: I'm now up to level 25 and making my way through the story line (act 2). The game moves quickly and unlocking skills every level so far is good and makes the game feel like it progresses, even if the skill itself is not very useful (at least to me so far).

Last edited:

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
I jumped back on the D3 horse this week and was impressed with the changes. You don't really hit a giant wall on gear soon after hitting 70 and Torment 1 and 2. The greater rifts allow you to at least feel progression by upgrading the gems and becoming more powerful that way. In turn with those upgrades you can take on higher grifts and having uniques being more or less guaranteed to drop. Hit level 90 paragon in about a week and have gear to tackle T3 rifts and level 20-22 grifts with relative ease. Can't wait for my 6 piece marauder's bonus! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/zapperkhan-1244/hero/53616251