How to tell an AES boot?

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Unlike the MVS, when I got an AES game, I don't know how to take it apart. How else can I verify that the game is legitimate?

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
It is pretty hard to tell just from looking at the outside. For starters you could check the lable and the insert, if it was offset printed (typical dot pattern) that is a good sign that it's legit.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
That was very helpful!Thanks!

Do you think that the weight of the cart ,manual ,insert is a give away factor for a conversion or fake cart?
I have weighed the carts,manuals+ baggies,cases + inserts of all the aes games i own but i do not know anyone to have done the same thing so that we can compare the numbers...
Would it be a nice idea if we made a list with the "correct" weight of the original titles' parts (cart,manual and bag,insert and case)???

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
That was very helpful!Thanks!

Do you think that the weight of the cart ,manual ,insert is a give away factor for a conversion or fake cart?
I have weighed the carts,manuals+ baggies,cases + inserts of all the aes games i own but i do not know anyone to have done the same thing so that we can compare the numbers...
Would it be a nice idea if we made a list with the "correct" weight of the original titles' parts (cart,manual and bag,insert and case)???

I think its a good idea also.
Just an observation - I noticed in the report segments for the Aero Fighters 3 assessment the author making reference to weight but not going so far as to conduct the weighing and reporting the discrepancies (if any) with the Jap release.
Is weighing carts taking things too far?

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
I am not sure that the japanese and us release of a game weigh the same as a total...
I mean ,i own both versions of an aes game and the weigh is not the same as the japanese version (or the us,i cannot remember now :) ) has a heavier manual ( two pages more or sth...)

Anyway i would not mind the weighing procedure if i were certain that this way i could verify the legitimacy of a game...since i know of no one that lives near me and has original carts for me to use as guideline....

I could post my findings regarding my games but i think it is more important that old or prominent collectors do it first...

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Unlike the MVS, when I got an AES game, I don't know how to take it apart. How else can I verify that the game is legitimate?

The most important question is: what title is it?