Talk about recent neo purchases

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Just picked up Twinkle Star Sprites for the second time (Sold the first). This time I picked up a kit off a member here via ebay. Not a big kit collector, but I am happy to have the mini marquee to put in the big red to finish off my current line up.

Congrats on that purchase, Ash. I've been wanting to get TSS for a while now, but the kit price is a little out of my range at the moment.

I'm not really a kit collector either, but I grabbed the Magical Drop 3 kit from the same seller. Like you, I was glad to get the mini marquee which only comes up for sale once in a blue moon.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I recently got Slug 1, 2, and Sengoku 3 MVS kits; I had forgotten just how good the first two MS games are, and it was my first time playing a Sengoku game. I decided to get S3 based on all the great things I've heard on the forum about the Sengoku series, and it hasn't disappointed; reminds me of when I used to play TMNT at my corner store. Beat 'em up's are damn fun!

Looking ahead, MSX and Shock Troopers kits should be happening soon!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I recently got Slug 1, 2, and Sengoku 3 MVS kits; I had forgotten just how good the first two MS games are, and it was my first time playing a Sengoku game. I decided to get S3 based on all the great things I've heard on the forum about the Sengoku series, and it hasn't disappointed; reminds me of when I used to play TMNT at my corner store. Beat 'em up's are damn fun!

Looking ahead, MSX and Shock Troopers kits should be happening soon!

sengoku 2 should be on your hit list, i like that one the most out of all them

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
sengoku 2 should be on your hit list, i like that one the most out of all them

That game though is about as rare to find as Twinkle Star Sprites though I've been learning. I think I've only ever seen one in the six-ish months I've been in the hobby

Ukee

Geese's Thug
I hadn't gotten any games in a few months so my collection had been sitting at 12 games for a while. Just got a nice lot of 26 games for a good deal now making my Neo Geo game collection my biggest one for any of my game consoles currently. I was pretty excited when I realized this. Now waiting for my remaining shockboxes so they can look fancy on my shelf.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
I hadn't gotten any games in a few months so my collection had been sitting at 12 games for a while. Just got a nice lot of 26 games for a good deal now making my Neo Geo game collection my biggest one for any of my game consoles currently. I was pretty excited when I realized this. Now waiting for my remaining shockboxes so they can look fancy on my shelf.

Hope you don't overdose! :)

Sometimes its best to get the games gradually, so you can appreciate each one more.

When I started to get the KOFs' I ended up buying the bulk of them over the space of a few months.

It was great when each one arrived and I could appreciate each one for its differences, but at the same time I never really gave each games months of exclusive play, because I was getting them so frequently.

I still love getting Neo Carts (got Karnov's recently), the prefect anthesitis to modern gaming!

Ukee

Geese's Thug
Yeah I know what you mean, I don't think I will ever do bulk again just for that reason of it was pretty overwhelming. Checking and cleaning them took me about 9 hours and another couple of hours to test them all out. But It does feel good now to have a nice selection of games for when I have friends visiting and not just a bunch of fighting games, most people I know don't like to play fighters so it is hard to get good practice on them.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
English Matrimelee MVS kit courtesy of the recent Whitey kit blow out on eBay. Pretty ecstatic about finally bringing that into my world.

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
Not a new game this time, but a control panel. Even though its not quite the typical MVS layout, its the best i'll get to fit my cab - as it's also made by Coin Cascade.

Wereroku

n00b
Just got a 2-slot MVS and Fatal Fury 2 now just have to decide between cab or console.

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
Just picked up KOF 96, 99 and 00. They were the equivalent of 15USD each, so a great deal :)

PigInTheMud

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Picked up a copy of SVC Chaos for the AES for $50. I was very very surprised by the price and quite happy with my purchase.

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
I was just now able to get an AES after 20 years of wanting one, and of course it was worth the wait :D This is what I got: American AES, 2 bean style joysticks, Blue's Journey, Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury Special, NAM 1975 and Samurai Shodown. Next thing I'd like to do is get an MVS converter and some of the games that never saw AES release like Neo Bomberman and Bust A Move :) Or maybe I'll wait and get a consolized MVS.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I was just now able to get an AES after 20 years of wanting one, and of course it was worth the wait :D This is what I got: American AES, 2 bean style joysticks, Blue's Journey, Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury Special, NAM 1975 and Samurai Shodown. Next thing I'd like to do is get an MVS converter and some of the games that never saw AES release like Neo Bomberman and Bust A Move :) Or maybe I'll wait and get a consolized MVS.

That's certainly a nice start to Neo Geo gaming. I would definitely recommend getting into MVS. MVS games are cheaper and you’re right – there’s far more variety on MVS. If you like shoot em ups, Strikers 1945 Plus is a great MVS-exclusive. Money Puzzle Exchanger is a wonderful puzzle game that only came out for MVS. You should also pick up Neo Turf Masters for MVS. It’s a must have, and the AES version is way too expensive.

I just bought a Panic Bomber kit from a seller on here as well as an Aggressors of Dark Kombat kit complete and in great condition for $50 on eBay. That site never ceases to amaze me. Popular Neo Geo games go for far more than they’re worth and more obscure games go for practically nothing.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
So, Shock Troopers came in last week from Kiselgof (talk about a minty kit!), and an MSX kit came in from Tom today. Both are AMAZING, and I'm looking forward to the next couple of days to put in some solid game time where possible.
I'm so close now; if I can get my hands on a complete MS3 kit, the Slug's will be complete! I also think I'll take Panda's advice and keep an eye out for Sengoku 2 since I like 3 so much...

BizMarkie82

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Just met up w/ a local member of the forum and picked up Baseball stars 2 for AES. Was my favorite game for NES back in the day for looking forward to the Neo version.

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
Just met up w/ a local member of the forum and picked up Baseball stars 2 for AES. Was my favorite game for NES back in the day for looking forward to the Neo version.

thats a great buy.

I owned a Euro version back in '94, but its been lost in storage :( although I still have hope I might find it one day...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So, Shock Troopers came in last week from Kiselgof (talk about a minty kit!), and an MSX kit came in from Tom today. Both are AMAZING, and I'm looking forward to the next couple of days to put in some solid game time where possible.
I'm so close now; if I can get my hands on a complete MS3 kit, the Slug's will be complete! I also think I'll take Panda's advice and keep an eye out for Sengoku 2 since I like 3 so much...

tell me more of how nice that shocktroopers kit looked :drool:

BizMarkie82

Tarma's Gun Polisher
thats a great buy.

I owned a Euro version back in '94, but its been lost in storage :( although I still have hope I might find it one day...

Hope you find it! Being used to the NES version this was more or less the exact opposite from what I was expecting on the gameplay, but still a darn good game. Carried a 2-0 lead into the 8th before serving up a grand slam. Oops.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
tell me more of how nice that shocktroopers kit looked :drool:

It's the mintiest, and I have some pretty clean kits! The cart is super clean with only a few insertion marks, the art pack is crisp, and the box looks like it just came from SNK. It's even got the original stock sticker on the underside of the carton. Kiselgof really understands the value of keeping something pristine!