Talk about recent neo purchases

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
Just picked up my first AES and made the first two games I own the JP versions of Last Blade and Last Blade 2 because I read good things about both of them. Hoping to pick up both Baseball Stars games next. Baseball Stars was my introduction to SNK and absolutely loved that game for the NES.

You started off with a bang, buddy. Play the shit out of those games!

New MVS purchases:

Real Bout 2: finally found a very clean english holo-label cart. Such a wild fighting game. The art in this game is beautiful and I'm glad I held out for as long as I did as the condition and price were great.

Kizuna Encounter: I love big sprites. I love weird fighting games. Dunzo.

Kabuki Klash: this game reminds me of a more sedate Waku7. Really great animation. I've played this one the least so far but I will be diving after the dozens of hours I plan on putting into RB2.

8man

Administrator
Neo Geo CD Stuff:

JPN: Burning Fight

With this, I completed my Neo Geo JPN CD collection (with spines). :drool_2:

English: Art of Fighting, Baseball Stars 2, Cyberlip, King of Monsters 2,
Last Resort, NAM-1975, Samurai Shodown 4, Viewpoint, WH2 JET

Trying to finish the English CD collection, few more to go.

Neo Geo AES Stuff:

NOS Neo Geo AES English system (last one)

3 Count Bout (English, Sealed)
Art of Fighting (English, Sealed)
Eightman AES (English, Sealed)
Riding Hero (English, Sealed)
The Super Spy (English, Sealed)
Art of Fighting 2 (English, mint)
Fatal Fury 2 (English, mint)
Karnov's Revenge (English, mint)
World Heroes 2 (English, mint)
Metal Slug 3 (Japan, 1st run)

NeoMasta Memory Card (mint)
Boxed Stick Old Style (mint)
Duffle Bag (pink, mint)

Limited stuff

Treasure of the Caribbean (AES)
Treasure of the Caribbean (MVS)

ng.dev

Fast Striker AES (English, preorder)
Fast Striker AES (JPN, preorder)
Gunlord AES (English, preorder)
Gunlord AES (JPN, preorder)

Taito X2 boards:

KOF Maximum Impact Regulation A
KOF XII
Battle Fantasia
BlazBlue

(Neo purchases March-May 2012)

Last edited:

Supernaut_

Banned
League Bowling for the MVS. Been looking for it forever and then found a loose cart less then a mile from my house for $20. Fun game but much better with friends.

Fatal Fury 2 AES. Good game, no real bout stuff but still nostalgic, I also got it for $20

SSIII for AES What a great game, tough as nails and got it fot $60.

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves and Metal Slug 1 MVS carts are my most recent purchases. Mark of the Wolves is fantastic game that I didn't really get a chance to get into back when it originally came out. Metal Slug 1 I've played numerous times but now owning the real deal is so much better:)

BizMarkie82

Tarma's Gun Polisher
You started off with a bang, buddy. Play the shit out of those games!

Looking forward to it for sure. The postal service can't seem to go fast enough for me this week! I also picked up some more games from Juggernaut on the Selling Forum (Real Bout, Samurai Spirits, Art of Fighting 2, Fatal Fury 2, Sengoku, Magician Lord, King of Fighters 95). That should get me a solid start and it killed my finances for a paycheck or two haha. Am hoping some of the purchases will get here prior to my little brother coming into town so we can play some games and pound a few beers like the good old days.

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
Just picked up top hunter for the mvs, I can't believe I've been missing out on such an awesome game for so long, the Neo geo library never ceases to amaze to me.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
MVS

Shock Troopers: I have been after this for a while but I didn't want to spend too much. I found it at an arcade and got it for $30. Such a badass game. Like metal slug, the unique enemy animations (guy smoking, etc) are great. Love those little details.

Shock Troopers 2nd: Bought here from gegrago (awesome seller). I have a soft spot for pre rendered sprite work. It's a shame there just isn't as much bells and whistles as the original. The gameplay is still there though. Way more violent so it gets points there.

Double Dragon: also bought from gegrago. I really only wanted it because I love the unique neo fighters and this was the last one on my "get" list. The super meter integrated in the life bar is very interesting. Great, huge sprites. I was enjoying it so much that it made me watch the movie on Netflix. I regret nothing. Scott Wolf probably regrets it. Not me.

Viewpoint: bought at the same arcade I got ST. One of my better bargains as it is a beautiful, original copy with seal intact and original label. Only 30$. They guy wanted $100 per metal slug boot, and they were nearly all boots, 1-"6". Gotta love arcade ops and their "earners". Viewpoint is silly difficult and I'm determined to get a good score.

Those are mine, what's yours?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
some of the bosses are so annoying. Just saying, not a huge fan of these bosses. Giant Crab is cool, but the moth is obnoxious to deal with because it offers such a shitty window of opportunity to nail it on its final form. The skulls too.

dq333

n00b
Daedalus Converter. :drool:

Soon I can finally play my Slug 1/X, LB2, MOTW, ROTD, and Blazing Star!!! (waiting patiently).

Bought Super Sidekicks 2 AES last week.

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
Using now on my AES a memory card bought from Japan. Arrived yesterday, installed it today and now using it in most games. All these years and still saving progress; Garou Wolves, KoF 98, Last Blade 2.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Just picked up KOF 95 Japanese AES from a member. Got it last night. Now looking for KOF 2000 JPN AES.

GAMEFAN

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
definitely!

Love the soundtrack and the action.

although the first part is a bit better.

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
gmotw5.jpg

gmotw1.jpg

gmotw4.jpg

My latest AES purchase. Bought from a member here, Chaz, stays in teh House

@Yamazaki - never played a Shock Troopers. Will try to get one too.

Last edited:

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
Congratz! MotW is IMO the best beatem up on the Neo Geo.

Even better than RB2

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
Congratz! MotW is IMO the best beatem up on the Neo Geo.

Even better than RB2

Yep, so fast, great sprites, well animated characters. I'm also enjoying Last Blade 2 (I love the 2nd stage when there is no sound, only wind, blades and samurai's voices), but MoTW seems to go further in fun.

Must try RB2. :)

birdsguts

n00b
Just got into acquiring a cab and collecting a few key arcade PCBs. Currently have a very nice Net City candy cab in my shed. JVS and waiting on an adapter so I can run my newly acquired 3s board in it. My favorite game of all time. The purchase wasn't directly from here but the guy I got it from got it through these boards. I'll have to post some pictures and show the girl off. Just recently modded the coin mech to take quarters instead of yen. Worked to great success.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
some of the bosses are so annoying. Just saying, not a huge fan of these bosses. Giant Crab is cool, but the moth is obnoxious to deal with because it offers such a shitty window of opportunity to nail it on its final form. The skulls too.

Viewpoint makes cave shooters seem like Sega Pico.

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
Just received KOF98 courtesy of ckchan. Cant wait till the kids are in bed and I can fire this beast up.

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just picked up Twinkle Star Sprites for the second time (Sold the first). This time I picked up a kit off a member here via ebay. Not a big kit collector, but I am happy to have the mini marquee to put in the big red to finish off my current line up.

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
These are my latest arrivals;

memorycardneogeo.jpg

Yeah, I can finaly save my progression under MVS and hard difficulty mode :)

neogeoprocontrollerii.jpg

Needed a second beeny stick.