Talk about recent neo purchases

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
MVS

Shock Troopers: I have been after this for a while but I didn't want to spend too much. I found it at an arcade and got it for $30. Such a badass game. Like metal slug, the unique enemy animations (guy smoking, etc) are great. Love those little details.

Shock Troopers 2nd: Bought here from gegrago (awesome seller). I have a soft spot for pre rendered sprite work. It's a shame there just isn't as much bells and whistles as the original. The gameplay is still there though. Way more violent so it gets points there.

Double Dragon: also bought from gegrago. I really only wanted it because I love the unique neo fighters and this was the last one on my "get" list. The super meter integrated in the life bar is very interesting. Great, huge sprites. I was enjoying it so much that it made me watch the movie on Netflix. I regret nothing. Scott Wolf probably regrets it. Not me.

Viewpoint: bought at the same arcade I got ST. One of my better bargains as it is a beautiful, original copy with seal intact and original label. Only 30$. They guy wanted $100 per metal slug boot, and they were nearly all boots, 1-"6". Gotta love arcade ops and their "earners". Viewpoint is silly difficult and I'm determined to get a good score.

Those are mine, what's yours?

Last edited:

Tehtriggerman

Quiz Detective
I just recently entered the realm of MVS. The last AES game I bought was Super Side Kicks 3 JP. So Far I have a very sharp Consolized MVS unit and a complete Kit for US Sengoku 3 Loose carts for Ninja Masters, Kizuna Encounter, Sengoku and Sengoku 2. Since I live within 10 minutes of Southtown Homebrew they are allowing me to Pick up my completed Shockboxes to avoid Shipping charges. I'm a Picky wickett..Like the MONK of games and his shock boxes and printing are AMAZING. I plan to get a cabinet eventually But we might be moving so Ill have to wait.

Update: Cyber Lip & Metal Slug 1 MVS. Nice clean carts! Im home from work today as our CAD room had no power from strong storms. I can snipe auctions!

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I recently bought the following,

Waku Waku 7 with Jap label, label is damaged but I'm really glad I've finally gotten this one.
Sonic Wings 3 with Jap label, Not as fun as I remembered but still good to have another shooter on the Neo!

I used to have an AES collection but as my understanding of JAMMA boards increased I switched over to MVS. Building your own CMVS is so much more fun and cheaper!

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
I just picked up my first King of Fighters ('95) for MVS this week. For some reason i've never really been that interested in the SNK fighters, due to my love of Mortal Kombat 2, but i'm sure glad I gave them a go. Hopefully this weekend i'll have some time to swap my cab back to MVS from MK2 and get stuck in. Now im on the lookout now for some of the others in the series and some Real Bout Fatal Fury.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
I just picked up my first King of Fighters ('95) for MVS this week. For some reason i've never really been that interested in the SNK fighters, due to my love of Mortal Kombat 2, but i'm sure glad I gave them a go. Hopefully this weekend i'll have some time to swap my cab back to MVS from MK2 and get stuck in. Now im on the lookout now for some of the others in the series and some Real Bout Fatal Fury.

Check out KOF 98. It's the most fun, IMO, and is still played competitively. 2002 is a close second.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
KOF2003 MVS - I never really played this much via emulation, and I never got the PS2/XBOX port, so playing it on my CMVS is my first time really getting into the game. It's all right. I like how they integrated a bunch of MOTW characters. The tag system is oddly flawed, but that's to be expected. The thing I don't like about it compared to KOF98-00 is that it lacks the "feel" of my favorite KOF games. It feels a bit watered down. Some of this comes across in the controls, but I think the most apparent offender here is the music. It sounds neutered compared to other Neo Geo games. The thing that annoys me most, though, is that I have to switch my CMVS over to AES mode to play single fighter mode, and there is no traditional best 2 out of 3 rounds fighting like in every other KOF single fighter mode. It's just one big triple health bar.

Metal Slug 1 MVS - Oooooooooh yeah!!! It's still my favorite of the Metal Slugs even though I own all of the original SNK ones.

Recent purchases but not yet received - KOF98, 99, 00, 01, and 02 all MVS - I really, really want the first three. The other two were just cheap, and I want a complete KOF collection. Only 95 and 97 to go! And I want to get 02 so I can finally give it a fair chance. The strangely quiet music in the Dreamcast port always annoyed me enough to force me back to 99 Evo or 00.

top option

Banned
I just picked up Blazing star, metal slug 2, kof 96,99,2003 and shocktroopers 2 for MVS.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I purchased 'Baseball Stars Pro' for the AES off Ebay. It was advertised as being in 'Grade A' condition and looked great in the picture. When it showed up it looked like a 'C', box/manual all torn up and whatnot. Sent it back to seller(powerupvideogames) for refund. :(

Heath

, cheyne stoking
Purchased a Neo Pocket Linker & Flash Card the other day, no idea what it does. looks like a taser.

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
Check out KOF 98. It's the most fun, IMO, and is still played competitively. 2002 is a close second.

I think 98 will be my next purchase. In the soft dip settings, can you still change it to be single rather than team like I can in 95? I think I prefer the game more this way.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Finally got a Big Red cabinet a couple of months ago. It needs some work, but it's just so nice to finally have a dedicated Neo! Since then, the only new game I've gotten is Blazing Star. Great fun - I need more shmups!

Purchased a Neo Pocket Linker & Flash Card the other day, no idea what it does. looks like a taser.

Haha, that it does. I loaded SvC CFC Extended on mine years ago and haven't changed it since. It doesn't help that the damn thing is parallel and I didn't bother putting a parallel port in my latest PC build...

megageoff76

Crazed MVS Addict
If you like shmups, then Strikers 1945 needs to be your next purchase - I love that game.

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Bought a japanese KoF 2003 homecart from a board member here to complete my KoF collection. :)

Was the first game i bought in months. I'd only be interested in some of the rarer japanese homecarts right now, but with the all those counterfeits floating around i don't feel like testing my luck...

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
If you like shmups, then Strikers 1945 needs to be your next purchase - I love that game.

Agreed. I have Aero Fighters 2, Aero Fighters 3, Blazing Star, Captain Tomaday, Strikers 1945 Plus, and Viewpoint, but Strikers is the only one that never leaves my cab.

On topic, my recent MVS purchases have been League Bowling, Mutation Nation, Spinmaster, and World Heroes 2. I really love League Bowling. Great for parties.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Haha, that it does. I loaded SvC CFC Extended on mine years ago and haven't changed it since. It doesn't help that the damn thing is parallel and I didn't bother putting a parallel port in my latest PC build...

You can get the USB one from Flavor.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
You can get the USB one from Flavor.
Yeah, I saw those a while back, and I might do that one of these days. For now I can't even find any of my NGPCs as I assume they're all in storage. I found all my loose games, but they do me no good without the damn system...I sure wish I could find them :(

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
Bought a japanese KoF 2003 homecart from a board member here to complete my KoF collection. :)

Was the first game i bought in months. I'd only be interested in some of the rarer japanese homecarts right now, but with the all those counterfeits floating around i don't feel like testing my luck...

I'm completely done with AES collecting because of this too. I'm keeping what I have because I love the the AES, but it's just way too dicey out there.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
As for my own purchases, I recently bought a KoF 2003 MVS Kit :)

Did they overproduce those or what? I have one, too.

I haven't been able to play a lot of my recent KOF purchases because I caught sinusitis and haven't felt much like playing anything, but here's what I got last week. All MVS.

KOF98 -
969960-G6RAPX6.gif

KOF99 - I always liked this game in all of its various incarnations. Prototype ROM, the US Dreamcast Evolution version, and now in Neo Geo original format. Playing it back to back with KOF98 on my 4-slot shows how different it is. Some of the changes seem downright awkward, but there's no denying it's well put together and beautiful.

KOF2000 - This game got a lot of play on my Dreamcast, and now it's getting a lot of play on my MVS. It feels like a more refined KOF99, and it has my second favorite Terry.

KOF2001 - It makes me want to play KOF... anything else. To be fair, while I haven't played it a lot on my MVS, I did give it a fair chance on the Dreamcast. I don't like it all that much, but it's by no means a bad game.

KOF2002 - This one makes me wish I was playing KOF98. One of the biggest reasons I wanted the MVS version was to not have to deal with the horrendous music/sound effects volume imbalance of the Dreamcast version, but going back to it now, it feels like I'm playing a Street Fighter game with KOF characters. The movesets have been stripped down considerably compared to KOF98. It no longer feels as robust as previous games. You can't even hold start to get alternative versions of characters. KOF98 had Real Bout versions of characters, or at least any ones that I care about. Couldn't they have put KOF98 versions of characters in KOF2002? Even ignoring my personal pet peeve of the charging Rising Tackle, it fails to be the dream of dream matches. I would like to give it a fair chance someday and enjoy it for what it is, but it's hard to do when I have it in slot 4 and KOF98 is in slot 1.

Last edited:

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
GMoTW - domestic cart - This final instalment of the Fatal Fury series digs the spot. Charming gameplay, fast, a lot of sprites, animated characters, beautiful 2D, in many ways it does clearly exceed SF III third strike. Tops my cup of tea. This is a truly inspired fighting game. The size of cart on the sleeve doesn't make justice to what you can find as soon as you turn on your AES device.

Last edited:

BizMarkie82

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Just picked up my first AES and made the first two games I own the JP versions of Last Blade and Last Blade 2 because I read good things about both of them. Hoping to pick up both Baseball Stars games next. Baseball Stars was my introduction to SNK and absolutely loved that game for the NES.