Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 123 of 123

Thread: le geek's new Shockbox site

  1. #101
    Camel Slug
    le geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Atlanta

    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by xsq View Post
    Dat Dragon... awesome work!
    As far as I know, all art credit (both the insert and in game) goes to the talented Tim Jonsson (Paiku). I just laid out my own fan inserts...

  2. #102
    Camel Slug
    le geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Atlanta

    Posts
    663
    OK Magician Lord inserts are up on my site
    http://www.legeekretrogaming.com/geekblog/?page_id=294

    Cheers,
    Ben

  3. #103
    Occult Archmage
    F4U57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NSW

    Posts
    5,595
    Your site is great, keep it up.

  4. #104
    Camel Slug
    le geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Atlanta

    Posts
    663
    For those of you not following Raz's Crossed Swords 2 thread, I put together a "NeoCover special" Full Frontal Look.



    Cheers,
    Ben

  5. #105
    Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.
    xsq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Muenster, Germany

    Posts
    7,420
    10/10

  6. #106
    Camel Slug
    le geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Atlanta

    Posts
    663


    Ready for Download...
    http://www.legeekretrogaming.com/geekblog/?page_id=109

    Cheers,
    Ben

  7. #107
    Camel Slug
    le geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Atlanta

    Posts
    663
    WISE FROM YER GWAVE!

    So two years ago? I made this insert



    And NeoCover pointed out that the cars on the front cover did not look right, and I was like whatever.

    But then I finally printed one out and the sumbitch was right!

    So today I tweaked it...


    Thoughts?

  8. #108
    Rot.
    Rot.
    Rot.
    lolifoxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    onesie enthusiast clubhouse

    Posts
    2,090
    Nice work le geek.

  9. #109
    Mac's Bar Bouncer

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    5,712
    Quote Originally Posted by le geek View Post
    ........

    And NeoCover pointed out that the cars on the front cover did not look right, and I was like whatever.

    But then I finally printed one out and the sumbitch was right!
    Got a link to that? Lol.

    I remember thinking that a photo-realistic front cover wasn't the best choice but that was me; however, when I saw that insert I thought that if you ran the cars through a filter or did some
    Tweaks that gave them a cell-shaded effect, it may come off pretty kick-ass. I went through this thread and there's some great stuff I've missed throughout the years.

  10. #110
    Camel Slug
    le geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Atlanta

    Posts
    663
    New Last Blade 2 insert...


  11. #111
    Galford's Armourer
    neoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    uk

    Posts
    473
    Nice cover its not overly done and the front cover image is crisp and clean.

  12. #112
    Ninja Combat Warrior
    aku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    WHQ

    Posts
    681
    most of your covers look a lot better than the existing original versions. nevertheless i prefered the original ones most of the time, but i tend to switch to "full le geek" (as far as it is possible)...

    you heard it thousand times, here once more: thanks for your awesome work.

  13. #113
    Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.
    xsq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Muenster, Germany

    Posts
    7,420
    Quote Originally Posted by le geek View Post
    New Last Blade 2 insert...
    great!

  14. #114
    Camel Slug
    le geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Atlanta

    Posts
    663
    Still needed tweaking, this hopefully is the final:


    Quote Originally Posted by le geek View Post
    WISE FROM YER GWAVE!

    So two years ago? I made this insert



    And NeoCover pointed out that the cars on the front cover did not look right, and I was like whatever.

    But then I finally printed one out and the sumbitch was right!

    So today I tweaked it...


    Thoughts?

  15. #115
    SHOCKbox Developer
    BIG BEAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA
    Posts
    6,888
    Le GEEK
    Looks great! I would personally remove all the NEO GEO formalities on the front cover.
    BB
    Last edited by BIG BEAR; 10-21-2016 at 07:47 AM.
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

    bigbearatnetreach.net replace "at" with an "@"

    I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

    I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

  16. #116
    Camel Slug
    le geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Atlanta

    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEAR View Post
    Le GEEK
    Looks great! I would personally remove all the NEO GEO formalities on the front cover.
    BB
    I like it!



  17. #117
    OldSkool4Life
    Gamefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Denver, Colorado

    Posts
    3,634
    Just checked out the site. Looks really great! Keep it up man!

    GAMEFAN

  18. #118
    Cheng's Errand Boy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    France

    Posts
    112
    Awesome work le geek, your inserts are really cool

    Do you think you can create full-frontal inserts for all the games that don't have one? (including your inserts and the existing inserts in the southtown web site some MVS doesn't got a full frontal insert)

    I have the SNK/SNK playmore MVS full set and it would be awesome to have all cards in shockboxes with only full-frontal inserts.

    It will looks really awesome. I don't like to mix full frontal inserts and more classical inserts like the BB inserts.
    Even if the BB inserts look great, I still prefer full frontal versions.

  19. #119
    SHOCKbox Developer
    BIG BEAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA
    Posts
    6,888
    Yeah baby! No rules,just right! The only thing that matters is the spine when it comes to rules....
    BB
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

    bigbearatnetreach.net replace "at" with an "@"

    I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

    I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

  20. #120
    Cheng's Errand Boy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    France

    Posts
    112
    I've check on southtown and legeek site and the games without fullfrontal inserts are sports games and quiz games.
    If I were good at it, I would work on it but photoshop is really not my friend

    I made a rapid list of the games without fullfrontal inserts:
    _Aggressors of Dark Kombat
    _Alpha Mission 2
    _Bang Bead
    _Breakers Revenge
    _Chibi Marukochan Deluxe Quiz
    _Diggerman
    _Fight Fever
    _Flip Shot
    _Ganryu
    _Goal! Goal! Goal!
    _Irritating Maze
    _Jockey Grand Prix
    _Magical Drop 2
    _Mahjong Bakatonosama Manyuki
    _Mahjong Kyoretsuden
    _Mahjong Minnasano Okagesamadesu
    _Master of Syougi
    _Neo Geo Cup '98
    _Panic Bomber
    _Power Spikes 2
    _Puzzle de Pon!
    _Puzzle de Pon! R
    _Quest of Jong Master
    _Quiz Daisousa Sen
    _Quiz King of Fighters
    _Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo
    _Shock Troopers 2nd Squad
    _Stakes Winner
    _Stakes Winner 2
    _Super Dodge Ball
    _Super Sidekicks
    _Super Sidekicks 4
    _Tecmo World Soccer '96
    _Top Player's Golf
    _World Heroes
    _World Heroes 2
    _World Heroes Perfect
    _Zed Blade

    A lot of sports or quiz games and few fighting games.

    It would be awesome to have a fullfrontal insert for each game, I don't lose hape!!!!

  21. #121
    Camel Slug
    le geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Atlanta

    Posts
    663
    Based on the list, I'd say that Super Dodge Ball and Magical Drop II are both likely future inserts.

    The trick is finding good scans of source material. If you can track those down, the odds of an insert being made go up considerably.

    Quote Originally Posted by eathis View Post
    I've check on southtown and legeek site and the games without fullfrontal inserts are sports games and quiz games.
    If I were good at it, I would work on it but photoshop is really not my friend

    I made a rapid list of the games without fullfrontal inserts:
    _Aggressors of Dark Kombat
    _Alpha Mission 2
    _Bang Bead
    _Breakers Revenge
    _Chibi Marukochan Deluxe Quiz
    _Diggerman
    _Fight Fever
    _Flip Shot
    _Ganryu
    _Goal! Goal! Goal!
    _Irritating Maze
    _Jockey Grand Prix
    _Magical Drop 2
    _Mahjong Bakatonosama Manyuki
    _Mahjong Kyoretsuden
    _Mahjong Minnasano Okagesamadesu
    _Master of Syougi
    _Neo Geo Cup '98
    _Panic Bomber
    _Power Spikes 2
    _Puzzle de Pon!
    _Puzzle de Pon! R
    _Quest of Jong Master
    _Quiz Daisousa Sen
    _Quiz King of Fighters
    _Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo
    _Shock Troopers 2nd Squad
    _Stakes Winner
    _Stakes Winner 2
    _Super Dodge Ball
    _Super Sidekicks
    _Super Sidekicks 4
    _Tecmo World Soccer '96
    _Top Player's Golf
    _World Heroes
    _World Heroes 2
    _World Heroes Perfect
    _Zed Blade

    A lot of sports or quiz games and few fighting games.

    It would be awesome to have a fullfrontal insert for each game, I don't lose hape!!!!

  22. #122
    Cheng's Errand Boy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    France

    Posts
    112
    I don't know if the quality is good enough for you but I found some interesting materials for some games: http://www.neogeofans.com/leforum/sh...ad.php?t=37728

    Here: http://videogameobsession.com/neogeo...cans/index.htm

    Here: http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/neogeo.html

    And here you can found some arts like US inserts or manuels for the Waorld Heroes serie (1, 2, 2Jet and Perfect): http://www.neogeoforlife.com/downloa...ad_id&sort=ASC

    Tell me if it help (not sure if there is something for MD2 and SDB but I keep searching

  23. #123
    Camel Slug
    le geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Atlanta

    Posts
    663
    New Last Blade 2 and Neo Driftout inserts are ready for download: http://www.legeekretrogaming.com/geekblog/?p=1221

    Cheers,
    Ben

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •