Wanna Take You for a Ride on the iOS, 25 April 2012

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Also known as "It Prints Money 2,"

Seems like fighting games is on a nostalgia resurgence.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Coming to iOS on April 25th
viernes, abril 20, 2012, 12:12 p.m. [General]

Hey, remember Marvel vs. Capcom 2, that game where everybody threw down? Well, I'm happy to report that it'll be coming to iPhone and iPod Touch on April 25th, bringing its 56-character roster along with it. Yes, in just five days, you'll be able to call your spouse, listen to some tunes, and enjoy Cable whippin' on Zangief all on the same device.

Also, with MvC2 playable on the go, there's got to be a "take you for a ride" joke in there somewhere. Comments?

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Wow that game will play fantastically awful with virtual buttons.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
is it bad that i use a bluetooth controller with my ipad?

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Trying to play a fighting game on a phone has got to be about as much fun as Michael J. Fox could have doing needle-point.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
If you can make Magneto air dash with the touch screen it could be kinda fun to play around with. It will never be taken seriously, but it will earn money for sure.

I'd buy it if I had an apple, but I don't have an apple.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Anybody try it? They say it's at a special 4.99 price, I bet it'll be 10 bucks for it when it's not on sale. I'm debating, but I know it'll be something I'll play five times and delete off my iPod.

bokmeow

Did you say $4.99? That's supposed to be the retail price. Right now Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is at a mere $2.99.

The reason for the sale price is,

"The game will be available for $4.99, but in celebration of The Avengers theatrical film, act now to take advantage of the special launch price of $2.99 from April 25 until May 6 (PST)!"

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
I can't imagine how you are supposed to play this on a touchscreen. Stick and 6 buttons? HOW??!?

Forte

n00b
I can't imagine how you are supposed to play this on a touchscreen. Stick and 6 buttons? HOW??!?

Very awkwardly. Games that require any skill level at all have no place on a touch input device.

bokmeow

Add another upgrade to the slew of 2D fighters on iOS —
SNK Playmore just released King of Fighters i-2012 —for $6.99— which appears to introduce all 32 characters from KOFXIII, and offers NESTS Kyo and Iori with the power of flames as DLC.