KLOV: Beware ilovejunk sells junk!

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
In sum, a KLOV seller ilovejunk does not want to make things right with his KLOV buyers; so, a Mail Fraud Complaint was filed. (n1, n2, and n3.)

ilovejunk sold some popular non-neo PCBs that we all like to play. And I don't want to see this kind of F.S. Thread happen here, on neo-geo.com.

So, heads up, gang, 'casue he seems to hava an interest in NEO items too.

UPDATE:

KLOV memeber ilovejunk was perminantly banned on 4/13/12. (n3., Pst #7, and Post #66.)

ilovejunk
AKA

TOM YOHN
210 lowe st
hollidaysburg PA 16648

AKA

ROBERTA BOLLMAN
happybollman@verizon.net

ebay ( i think ) user itmyhappytiming

----------------------------------------------
F.S. Thread Gone Bad:
1. boards blowout (Open)

Neg. Feedback Threads:
2. "ilovejunk" *Possibly going bad* (Neg. Thread #1) (Closed)
3. Beware ilovejunk sells junk! (Neg. Thread #2.) (Open)
4. I love Tombo! (Meltdown Thread #1.) (Open)

General Arcade and Videogame Discussions:
5. post what you want in neg chat (Meltdown Thread #2.) (Open)

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
that would barely register as a meltdown here. but thanks for the tip.

that reminds me... i gotta get back to a couple of people over there.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
CEC_DFW, David, came to the repair party I threw this past weekend and brought the infamous dead UMK3 board he bought from Tom. From a cursory glance, it had a burned spot on the board and was missing 4 ROM chips.

Reflowed the DMA Controller and Orbit chip, patched the burnt pads and missing coil, replaced another bad surface mount coil (it was a bitch to find this bad coil!!!!), replaced ALL ROMS AND THE WRONG SECURITY CHIP... The ROMs had NO labels, except for the 2 program ROMs that were listed as UMK3... They were all WWF ROMs!!!! The last thing was to swap out a bad socketed PLCC chip.

Not only was the board not working, had burn damage where a component smoked, but it also wasn't even a UMK3 board! Well, it is now. David bought a parts board that was instrumental in getting this board fixed. It had a full set of ROMs and the security chip. I had a Seattle parts board in the bin that was the source for the replacement surface mount coil.

It wasn't easy, but the board was brought back to life.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
CEC_DFW, David, came to the repair party I threw this past weekend and brought the infamous dead UMK3 board he bought from Tom. From a cursory glance, it had a burned spot on the board and was missing 4 ROM chips.

Reflowed the DMA Controller and Orbit chip, patched the burnt pads and missing coil, replaced another bad surface mount coil (it was a bitch to find this bad coil!!!!), replaced ALL ROMS AND THE WRONG SECURITY CHIP... The ROMs had NO labels, except for the 2 program ROMs that were listed as UMK3... They were all WWF ROMs!!!! The last thing was to swap out a bad socketed PLCC chip.

Not only was the board not working, had burn damage where a component smoked, but it also wasn't even a UMK3 board! Well, it is now. David bought a parts board that was instrumental in getting this board fixed. It had a full set of ROMs and the security chip. I had a Seattle parts board in the bin that was the source for the replacement surface mount coil.

It wasn't easy, but the board was brought back to life.

Truly, you are a pcb hero.