Interest check: Scart to BNC adapter cables for RGB monitors

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
You still have or make any of these? Would love to purchase one.

medic_wheat

Kabuki Klasher
I'd be interested as well seeing how I just ordered my first PVM monitor.

No hurry mind you, I'd have to wait until next pay day lol......

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Yep, still making these. Prepping for the next run.

However the price went up $1 to $26.

if you guys are interested, drop me a PM.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Stoked that you're still making these. My account still can't PM, and I don't want to be "That guy" and bother the mods about it. I'll happily pay up front if that helps you out. Tack the name of google's e-mail service on the end of my username here and e-mail me your payment info, or I have the same handle on sega-naomi and racketboy forums if you use either of those.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Stoked that you're still making these. My account still can't PM, and I don't want to be "That guy" and bother the mods about it. I'll happily pay up front if that helps you out. Tack the name of google's e-mail service on the end of my username here and e-mail me your payment info, or I have the same handle on sega-naomi and racketboy forums if you use either of those.

email incoming

medic_wheat

Kabuki Klasher
Yep, still making these. Prepping for the next run.

However the price went up $1 to $26.

if you guys are interested, drop me a PM.

WHATTTT .. a whole dollar .... to ritch for my blood...I fold...

Just kidding.

I'll shoot you a PM first of the month in Feburary and we can work it out through pay pal or something.

I just registered solely for the sake of these cables (I also think the PVM club is awesome)! I have a couple of questions:

1. I just ordered this cable for my Japanese Sega Saturn and PVM-1341. I had the option of having RCA out on it or not, but I opted not to since these adapters have the RCA out built in. Did I get the right cable for my Japanese NTSC Saturn?

f_1654081.jpg

2. Can this adapter be used with any console that has a SCART cable?

3. Why don't people just make an AV out to BNC direct cable? Why do AV out to SCART, then SCART to BNC?

I'd PM for a cable, but don't have the ability to do so. Can you send me a PayPal invoice? It's my username minus the "s" at the front at gmail.com. Thanks!

shloop

n00b
I also just made an account to request a cable, and I can pay up front. My email is spindlerjonas at gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

salvanipour: The answer to number 3 is that an abundance of console RGB Scart cables already exist, so making a single adapter to work with all of them is much simpler and more cost effective.

I also just made an account to request a cable, and I can pay up front. My email is spindlerjonas at gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

salvanipour: The answer to number 3 is that an abundance of console RGB Scart cables already exist, so making a single adapter to work with all of them is much simpler and more cost effective.

I was thinking about it earlier today and it made sense. Once I get this adapter I can go out and get a few SCART cables for my other consoles and go to town. Hoping to get one soon. :)

FrancisGC

n00b
In the same boat as skate323k137, can't PM yet and I really don't want to bother anyone, but I registered here just because I was interested in those cables as I've just picked up a Sony PVM. My email's in the image below, and I can also pay upfront if you've got these available. Just send me a message with your payment information and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

ew7IZWN.png

skate323k137

10 Year Member
For the record I got my cable from broken, and it's really nice. Hope you can score one too FrancisGC.

FrancisGC

n00b
Yeah, here's hoping! I've been looking at making the transition from a late 70s ColorTrak RCA to a Sony PVM 20M4U, and after doing some very careful reading, I soon realized this is exactly what I was looking for.

I'd only heard of SCART in name before, and finding the proper cables in North America seems to be more of a hassle than I thought it would be.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I just registered solely for the sake of these cables (I also think the PVM club is awesome)! I have a couple of questions:

1. I just ordered this cable for my Japanese Sega Saturn and PVM-1341. I had the option of having RCA out on it or not, but I opted not to since these adapters have the RCA out built in. Did I get the right cable for my Japanese NTSC Saturn?

f_1654081.jpg

2. Can this adapter be used with any console that has a SCART cable?

3. Why don't people just make an AV out to BNC direct cable? Why do AV out to SCART, then SCART to BNC?

I'd PM for a cable, but don't have the ability to do so. Can you send me a PayPal invoice? It's my username minus the "s" at the front at gmail.com. Thanks!

I think the reason as far as most consoles go is because you can't simply go out and buy the connector for the A/V out on a saturn and most consoles in general, but scart adapters already exist and are common (overseas at least..)

so yeah I made my own RGB cables for my supergun and my sega genesis 1 console since I could make them with ease by buying parts at the local electronics store, but for saturn and ps2, making my own is not a option :(

EDIT: god damnit, how embarrassing, made a useless point as I wasn't paying close enough attention, sorry about that.

Last edited:
Im assuming youre still making these cables so before I order i just want to make sure these will work with my Sony bvm 20fu

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Hey guys

I am not currently building these, but will resume building them in the near future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

KyaDash

Crazed MVS Addict
Sorry for bumping a bit of a dead thread, but do you know when you might start making/selling these again?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Thanks to broken for posting this thread and the parts list. You inspired me to have a go at making a cable for my Genesis 2/Sega CD 2 set up to my Sony PVM-20M2U. I combined the adapter with a SCART cable from Retro Console Accessories (the "raw sync" version) and the result was great. Vertical jailbars were eliminated and the picture is crystal clear - much better than via composite video. Soldering to the female scart was tricky but doable with some patience and heat shrink.

Hashrate

n00b
Hey Yodd, is there any chance you are still building these? I know this is a ~4 year old thread but before I buy these from a random eBayer, I'd rather support a fellow NeoGeo-er.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Hey Yodd, is there any chance you are still building these? I know this is a ~4 year old thread but before I buy these from a random eBayer, I'd rather support a fellow NeoGeo-er.

I think the guy above you makes cables too but he's from FL.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member

I do not.

However the poster above you, wyo, builds and sells them now. I have passed the torch onto him. Pm him for purchasing one.