Anybody ever really get into Team Fortress 2?

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Admittedly I don't really like FPS. However, I really took a liking to TF2 a couple months ago.

If you do play you might know it's more of a hat/item collecting game. This aspect of it can get kind of adicting, especially when you get into unusual hat trading.

You are only able to get unusuals by unboxing them from using your keys on crates. however, the chances of getting unusuals are extremely NOT in your favor. I think there is a 1% chance of unboxing one, and this is random each time you unbox.

Then there are more sought after hats, AND more sought after effects. so for instance a team captain unusual with flaming effect or cloudy moon effect (easily the best hats in the game) can fetch around $1000 (in real munnay), where as a fetti dread knot is not worth that much, like $30.

The game itself is pretty fun. It has more of a cartoonish feel to it, with quite a few different classes.

After getting scammed from my only unusual a month ago I kind of lost interest in the game, but have been wanting to play a little again.

Does anybody else play this game, and do you have any unusuals for youself?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Fucking hats. I liked it till they brought that shit in and made it free later on.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I played TF2 a ton when it first came out, and now just occasionally. It's one of the few games I always leave installed in Steam. I collected all of the alternate weapons, but I haven't gone out of my way to get special hats, although I have a few I got as drops during the game.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I played the hell out of it on the 360, then when I got a new computer that could handle the game it was the first game I got through Steam. I still love the game. There's nothing like playing with a room full of people that just want to have fun and don't treat it like a game of COD or Halo. I've played on the TF2F server (The guys that did the two TF2 Grifing Videos) and they are a lot of fun to play with. They have a lot of great custom maps and game rules so it's different every time I go in.

The game however doesn't like my computer. Now when I play it the game slows down a lot and crashes often. I don't know if it's the influx of all the new players or all of the stuff they've added in but it seems like I can only play a map or two and the game will crash. I've had some maps run fine but when I'll go to load the next map it'll freeze on me. Any other game I have on Steam runs fine, it's just like it's gotten too logged with extra stuff and it doesn't want to run anymore for me.

Played it a ton when it first came out.
Now, after all the updates, I only play it once in a while on only a few certain servers.
Otherwise, it's just hard for me to have fun playing it on hit or miss servers with random people.
Don't really care about the hats or items... I've always just went with I'll get them when I get them at random.

superdum2

Quiz Detective
when my pc worked i played a little I'll probable buy the orange box for the 360 XD

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I used to live & breath the 1st team fortress (half life mod). Years later I day 1 purchased TF2. Loved it. 2forts is still my fav. Give me the sticky bombs and I'll guard the sewers all day. **BOOM**

Course these days I'm just playing MW3 online.

P.S. - anyone else remember the poison pills in TF1?

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
I used to live & breath the 1st team fortress (half life mod). Years later I day 1 purchased TF2. Loved it. 2forts is still my fav. Give me the sticky bombs and I'll guard the sewers all day. **BOOM**

Course these days I'm just playing MW3 online.

P.S. - anyone else remember the poison pills in TF1?

Poison Pills? I didn't start playing until TF2 was Free to Play, so I'm out of the loop on a lot of stuff.

What class were they for, and what was the effect on those poison pills? Also how come they were removed?

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Poison Pills? I didn't start playing until TF2 was Free to Play, so I'm out of the loop on a lot of stuff.

What class were they for, and what was the effect on those poison pills? Also how come they were removed?

It's been a while, I had to look it up on a wiki page lol. They were hallucination gas canisters that the spy could drop. If you were infected the screen went trippy for a bit (Similar to getting drunk in Wow). Basically so the Spy had a chance to get away or maybe to backstab you.

In TF2 I think the devs decided to get rid of all the grenades and other related items from the different classes. Players in the first game tended to spam grenades.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Played a shitload of it when it first came out, but kind of lost interest when it was all about the hats, as a co-op shooter it's especially fun, with mates it's even better.

I also always keep it installed.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Pretty cool to see people on here play. I techinally don't really play that much anymore, I should say. I do have 4 accounts that I Idle each week. I'm trying to make up for the 4 bud unusual I had. I scrapped all my items that I've been collecting for the past 2 months and ended up with 20 refined! Thats mostly all my inventory consists of.

I pm'd a few of you that posted in here, if you're willing to trade your items for things, like games, or crap like that, let me know. I have a pair of bose in-ear headphones w/ new earbud replacements, and an 2nd gen Ipod touch (8 GB) that i'm willing to trade for buds or unusuals. Just PM me!

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
played it a bit last summer when I had some serious downtime and it was a free download on steam (guessing it still is) pretty fun I'd play some more if I had more time but I have plenty to play as it is and not enough time!

Great game

lions3

Igniz's Servent
man, after reading this thread I had to re-install TF2 last night and play for 2 or 3 hrs.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
TF.jpg

my wife plays it more than me, love the style, don't like turrets tho:(

Ukee

Geese's Thug
I've recently started playing again, getting close to 400 hours play time. I am going to try and make a vanilla server if I can't find one that takes away all the non-stalk weapons. When the Sniper/Spy update came out is when the game really went down hill for me and things just started to feel wrong.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
I had to quit again :lol:. I quit about 3 weeks ago.

When I start to contemplate dropping real money on hats in a game that's my que to stop.

I just gave away all my items on my 4 sets to random people in random servers.

Lets just say I almost spent $500 on a cloudy moon Le Party Phantom and caught myself before it was too late. Glad I dropped the habit for good.