yamatoku-classic on eBay

The King Prawn

Marked Wolf
They've got tons of positive feedback, I'm just wondering about buying an "untested" cart from them. Should I be worried?

Thanks

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
From what ive purchased and friends have too, its hit or miss, it would be more of a hassle to send it back depending on the price... and sometimes the auctions get crazy :P

The King Prawn

Marked Wolf
From what ive purchased and friends have too, its hit or miss, it would be more of a hassle to send it back depending on the price... and sometimes the auctions get crazy :P

Very true. I will probably pass. I still have games here I haven't rotated into the Big Red anyway.

Thanks for the input!

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I have not purchased any MVS carts from them yet, but I have had excellent experiences with Saturn imports.

I bought a ms1 from them some time ago got to me pretty quickly and it was an original no boot in pretty good condition

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Untested is term that most scammers use.

Untested - I did not test this item or did not have any way to test it.
Untested by a scammer - I tested this item and it is not working, I will say it is untested but the fact that I have x amount of the same cart system and those are tested for some reason just connect the dots.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
my favorite is when they have all the equipment in the pic to test it, yet choose and say that they can not :/

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Every single mvs cart from that seller is untested, that's why I never bid on their stuff.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Every single mvs cart from that seller is untested, that's why I never bid on their stuff.

Sucks too because some of those games need to be tested like MSX to see if it hasn't suicided already.

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
I have a KoF 99 on the way from them. I'll post the results when it gets in.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I've bought a handful of MVS carts from yamatoku and all have worked perfectly. Like others, I've bought about 100 other games from them (Saturn and Dreamcast imports) and have had nothing but fantastic experiences.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
likewise, have picked up a bunch of psx, saturn, and MVS carts..no bad experiences here to date

The King Prawn

Marked Wolf
Sucks too because some of those games need to be tested like MSX to see if it hasn't suicided already.

Ironically that was the one I was looking at. So is there a way to combat the MSX suicide? I want to play the game, not have to work towards playing it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ironically that was the one I was looking at. So is there a way to combat the MSX suicide? I want to play the game, not have to work towards playing it.

It should be fine. Out of all the MSX games I've come across only about 10% have died and there are ways to fix it with or without the same program board.

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
As far as other things, I have gotten a JP Sega Saturn from them, and it was handled very professionally.

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
Apologies for the double post, but I got the KoF99 in and it was both legit and fully working.