Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Using Megatron as a foot pedestal for Starscream is a pretty cool display choice!

robotic foot soldier.jpg

Robotic Foot Soldier from Series 11 of the 2014 Nickelodeon TMNT figures (if you haven't watched the show, the normal Foot Soldiers were all humans, like in the comics and first film, unlike the original TMNT cartoon). These mechanical ones are a gift to the Shredder from The Kraang and eventually pretty much replace Shredder’s human underlings (plus, because they’re robots, the TMNT can “murder” them indiscriminately during a fight). Methinks somebody on the show's design team must have been a fan of Mortal Kombat's Goro or Star Wars' General Grievous. Strangely, the extra arms are mounted in the middle of the figure's back, instead of the sides, which just looks wrong and like an amateur-ish custom job. I'm guessing that they retooled the normal Foot Soldier toy's torso to make this figure, and, for some reason, it just wouldn't have worked out to mount them properly at the sides, so, they had to do it this way (or maybe it was just done to improve the range of motion of the shoulder joints on the extra pair of arms). I think, if I were designing this character, I would have went all-out with six arms, because with the black coloration and bulbous red eyes, that would have given it a strong spider-like appearance (of course, six limbs works in the same way for an insect). For a figure with so many limbs, the articulation is pretty limited and disappointing--the hips and shoulders have pin-and-disc ball-joints, but there's nothing at the knees/elbows, not even cut joints, which is a waste, since the lower arms and legs are different colored plastic, rather than painted, pieces that are just plugged into the upper limbs anyway. Since I got mine loose yesterday afternoon for a steal, I'm missing all four accessories: circular saw, drill, sickle, and spiked mace weapons that pop-on over each of the hands.

robotic foot soldier2.jpg

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
a1691bb7c01438c8cc8a64aed17e4f80.jpg

65de006c615aa623cb88915ce2297863.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
Pretty sweet! I think mounting the ship on straight, narrow metal rods would look better than those articulated arms though--granted, you'd lose the articulation/posing options (although you could do two articulation points, at the base and where they connect to the ship), but I think that gives a more believable illusion of the ship/options floating mid-air.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Vader Mythos...I was going to get the Iron Studios but im just so drawn into this statue so much. I still might get the Iron Studios because of lighted lighsaber but for now this is my fav vader statue.

42638379_10204935349579639_7152070418512216064_o.jpg

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
They're really nice, but sure as fuck not $139 nice.

Yeah, I don't know why they're so expensive. Maybe because it's two figures? Maybe it'll be cheaper over here. I'd only buy them if they're under $80.

Vader Mythos...I was going to get the Iron Studios but im just so drawn into this statue so much. I still might get the Iron Studios because of lighted lighsaber but for now this is my fav vader statue.

View attachment 51786

Is that sand? I don't like sand.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Yeah, I don't know why they're so expensive. Maybe because it's two figures? Maybe it'll be cheaper over here. I'd only buy them if they're under $80.

Is that sand? I don't like sand.

sand?

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
That's lava, its suppose to be Vader returning back to Mustafar. Where Obi-Wan had the higher ground and slice his legs making him machine...Im actually getting another one just so i can have his other pose too.

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
Yes, ladies and gentlemen. What you see is the brand spankin' new Bandai Macross YF-19 with full accessories.

2018-09-26-22-05-20.jpg

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I was watching some Netflix documentary on He-Man and thought their universe would make a cool fighting game.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
That's lava, its suppose to be Vader returning back to Mustafar.
Where he lets his cape catch on fire and takes his helmet off for... what reason? Is he about to perform erotic asphyxiation? And, ooooo, the statue is randomly sprayed with piss color yellow. Was this copy of the statue defaced by a graffiti artist? That statue looks idiotic.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Where he lets his cape catch on fire and takes his helmet off for... what reason? Is he about to perform erotic asphyxiation? And, ooooo, the statue is randomly sprayed with piss color yellow. Was this copy of the statue defaced by a graffiti artist? That statue looks idiotic.

I know right? It's like it's just a fantasy figure and none of this means shit.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member

Its just being artsy...Vader reflecting back to what he has become...The yellow paint looks better in person but they definitely over did it.

The statue has a couple switchout if you have issues with him having his helmet off.

vader.jpg

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
HDRchamp how much you bring in bro? To waste a 1000 bucks on a doll, I mean.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
HDRchamp how much you bring in bro? To waste a 1000 bucks on a doll, I mean.

My street fighter career set me up for life!

We give each other $500 allowance a month to buy whatever we want no question ask.

Most of these statues has a payment plan. Like Guts Berserk, they usually come out in about 1 to 2 years so you have time to plan out payments for them. Sideshow give you 8 payment plan, so only pay $125 a month. Only time they dont offer it is if you're on a waitlist and it gets converted like Thanos on a Throne which i had to pay $1250 straight up, which i wasn't expecting.

I got Rambo all paid for just waiting on that, Human Zodd should be done in about 2 more months...Have Armor Berserk & Griffith on PO. Probably get some Hokuto stuff too. As long as i dont go over the $500 a month, im good. I dont really buy games or arcade stuff anymore so its been easy to buy these dolls.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My street fighter career set me up for life!

We give each other $500 allowance a month to buy whatever we want no question ask.

Most of these statues has a payment plan. Like Guts Berserk, they usually come out in about 1 to 2 years so you have time to plan out payments for them. Sideshow give you 8 payment plan, so only pay $125 a month. Only time they dont offer it is if you're on a waitlist and it gets converted like Thanos on a Throne which i had to pay $1250 straight up, which i wasn't expecting.

I got Rambo all paid for just waiting on that, Human Zodd should be done in about 2 more months...Have Armor Berserk & Griffith on PO. Probably get some Hokuto stuff too. As long as i dont go over the $500 a month, im good. I dont really buy games or arcade stuff anymore so its been easy to buy these dolls.

nice, thanks for explaining.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
So shut the fuck up now?

Yeah, stage. Stop interrupting the echo chamber that allows these people to feel it's normal to set up payment plans for their hoarding addiction.

That said, HDRchamp is a sport for responding to you in the same spirit you posted.

@M

20 Year Member
I imagine that one could use the Force to dampen flames, so, Vader probably has that under control and isn't in any danger of being immolated. And, yeah, if you've got respiratory problems, taking off your helmet on a soot-choked lava field probably isn't the best idea, but it's not like Anakin was ever good at life choices, so, why start now? I think it's a cool/artistic statue and one of the better, and more unique, depictions of the Sith Lord. A man should be able to take time to reflect on the day that he murdered a bunch of children and had his junk burnt off by his best friend and mentor.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I imagine that one could use the Force to dampen flames, so, Vader probably has that under control and isn't in any danger of being immolated.
If he could do that, he wouldn't have gotten burned to shit the first time. Plus, look at his cape. He's already catching fire. I think whoever designed the statue took liberties to the point of nonsense.