Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
A cape is a relatively simple thing to make, but you need at least some sewing know-how to hem the edges and shit or they may fray over time (you can put bendable wire inside the hems too so that the cape will be poseable--you can then have it billowing behind him, to the side, etc.) Dyed fabric can stain plastic/resin over time, so that's another thing to be mindful of.

I think those two custom 'Giefs looks pretty sweet; I like the second, more Alpha-esque head better, with that crazy-ass expression. The little beer bottles on the bases are neat-o too. The cape doesn't look half bad just resting on the ground by his legs either.

Its the same statue, you get 3 different heads but still pricey...They want $800 for it & shipping is over $200 from Brazil. Since the Gief i got from Pop Culture Shock turned out so great, im no longer itching to have another Gief as much. I might try to see if someone is willing to do a custom head for the pop culture one. I like the crazy cartoony look of the second one too.

Anyway, I went and bought some fabric for the cloth cape last night. Might work on it this weekend if i have time.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I left Gief outside, he ended up getting a nice sunburn!

KjEmE4c.jpg

xmk5596.jpg

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
It would be really nice if people posted ACTION FIGURES in the action figures thread and not STATUES. This isn't an art gallery!

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
It would be really nice if people posted ACTION FIGURES in the action figures thread and not STATUES. This isn't an art gallery!

Fuck off fagit! Cant you see cobra commander in the pic!

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
'Gief looks pretty good. What'd you do, a paint wash?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I have moved my Devastator again, after re-arranging again. I will take pictures when I am done.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
'Gief looks pretty good. What'd you do, a paint wash?

NOpe, ended up just buying the V-trigger! Oh & before that fagit Tripedacus bitches about "statues" there are action firgures in the background...I mean seriously, people been posting toys, action figures, & statues since the beginning of this thread...Why the fuck does it matter fagit Tripedacus if i post statues? Are you mad that i didn't sell you the optimus roller, get over it.

tlMIPMN.jpg

HY4crP9.jpg

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Sorry Tripedacus fagit more statue pics.

So i did some Martha Stewart yesterday & made my cape for Gief. I messed up & made it too small. Didn't want to buy more cloth nor did i want to sew another one,i think i was able to hide it by making the cape more dynamic pose.

Inside Cape
g8C0sJg.jpg

Outer Cape
MOhZviG.jpg

dwNhN0Z.jpg

0xZvFUq.jpg

KfhRL4X.jpg

I dont think this sewing is my thing. I really wanted to make an alternate costume but i dont think im capable in doing that.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Amateur seamstress level reached. Master Tasuke would be proud.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Sorry Tripedacus fagit more statue pics.

So i did some Martha Stewart yesterday & made my cape for Gief. I messed up & made it too small. Didn't want to buy more cloth nor did i want to sew another one,i think i was able to hide it by making the cape more dynamic pose.

Inside Cape
g8C0sJg.jpg

Outer Cape
MOhZviG.jpg

dwNhN0Z.jpg

0xZvFUq.jpg

KfhRL4X.jpg

I dont think this sewing is my thing. I really wanted to make an alternate costume but i dont think im capable in doing that.

That's a nice looking cape! On a side note, are you missing Monev the Gale for your Trigun set?

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
That's a nice looking cape! On a side note, are you missing Monev the Gale for your Trigun set?

Thanks, i actually bought Monev a long time ago but cant seem to find it. I bought doubles for everyone, one for display one to keep sealed as i was going to make huge money one of these days :lolz: These actually are one of the better "action figures" with nice detail and size. Gazelle the Peacemaker still one of my favs.

@M

20 Year Member
Really nice job on that cape; it really adds to the display in my opinion. And that's a good choice for customizing him too, as you didn't permanently alter the statue in doing it, so, if, at some later time, you decide you want to sell one of your 'Giefs, you can get still get full value for it.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Thanks, i actually bought Monev a long time ago but cant seem to find it. I bought doubles for everyone, one for display one to keep sealed as i was going to make huge money one of these days :lolz: These actually are one of the better "action figures" with nice detail and size. Gazelle the Peacemaker still one of my favs.

I know what you mean, I bought 2 each of Monev and Gazelle back in the day because of their awesome level ;)

@M

20 Year Member
That's a fun spin on the Flatwoods Monster!

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
That's a fun spin on the Flatwoods Monster!

Totally. The artist is David Horvath, who is a cryptid and import gaming OG. He also has designs for Mothman and Chupacabra, which I have. The guy is blowing up. His Uglydoll line just got distribution at WalMart and is getting its own movie.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
My favorite baseball movie just ahead of The Sandlot.

Anybody have any recommendation on websites that sell japanese/figma figures. Im trying to complete my God Hand set but Void & Ubik figma is sold out everywhere. Trying to get it for retail or close to it. Need some recommendation site to look.

Just got Slan & Conrad today. Unboxing tonight, thought the guy wasnt going to send it.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
My favorite baseball movie just ahead of The Sandlot.

Anybody have any recommendation on websites that sell japanese/figma figures. Im trying to complete my God Hand set but Void & Ubik figma is sold out everywhere. Trying to get it for retail or close to it. Need some recommendation site to look.

Just got Slan & Conrad today. Unboxing tonight, thought the guy wasnt going to send it.

Amiami has a preowned section that you can usually find some hard to find stuff for a good price (just make sure you check the grade of the item, usually if it's below a B it's been absolutely trashed, but sometimes the seller will mention what the damage is) the issue is you'll need to keep checking back as new stuff gets put up every day. It's a good place to nab some scoops though. From what I remember the Godhand figures themselves were already a bit on the pricier side due to being two packs, and Berserk stuff tends to only go up in price, so if I were you I'd grab them sooner rather than later. Good luck with the search!

You could also hold out for the possibility they may do a re-release somewhere down the line with a new paint job like they recently did with the Black Swordsman Guts figure, but I wouldn't hold my breath :/

Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
Three more Iron Men for the pile. I got them loose yesterday, for a steal, but all three were originally part of a boxed set from the 2008 "Concept Series Mission Tech Armor" Iron Man 2 movie series line, which I believe was a Toys 'R' Us exclusive (and they're all 6" Marvel Legends scale/design). Top-to-bottom, we have Sandstorm Iron Man (missing a jetpack with wings, although the broken off peg from it was still embedded in his back, which I used a small auger drill bit and a needle to carefully extract), Arctic Crusader Iron Man (missing a spinning drill accessory that clipped onto his forearm), and Star Flare Armor Iron Man (missing a space helmet, backpack, and missile-launching rifle). The Star Flare figure is molded from smoky, translucent plastic, with bits of glitter embedded in it, giving him a cosmic feel, which is kind of neat. Given the darker look, he'd make a pretty good villain if you wanted a Darth Stark or something I suppose. Arctic Crusader is by far my favorite out of the trio, as I prefer the bulkier look of his armor and I really like the blue and silver color scheme. Sandstorm is kind of "meh", he doesn't look a whole lot different than a "normal" red and gold movie Iron Man, other than the fins on his forearms and shins, which would probably have made more sense on an aquatic Iron Man than a desert one.

sandstorm_iron_man.jpg

arctic_crusader_iron_man.jpg

star_flare_armor_iron_man.jpg

And here are two of my favorite villainous idiots, Captain Hook and First Mate Smee (well, Hook's the idiot anyway, Smee's intervention is the only thing that keeps the good Cap'n alive at times), from the newer Jake and the Neverland Pirates animation, not the original Peter Pan film. I believe that these are from a boxed figurine set that you can find at Disney stores and theme parks (I also got Jake and Izzy from said set, two of the child protagonists from the show, at the same time that I bought these guys, but Hook and Smee are what I really wanted). Captain Hook's life is pretty sad when you think about it: all he does is harrass kids all day and they always kick his ass and/or make him look like a fool. He failed Trolling 101 in pirate school I guess.

hook_and_smee.jpg