Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Reminds me of the scale of the BttF DeLorean that Hot Toys made. It listed the scale, but I still wasn't prepared for just how huge it actually is, and the fact that a sixth scale Marty fits inside....crazy.

That is a pretty sweet looking Batmobile.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
That Starscream is freggin amazing!!!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I think i finally found a place to put the Starscream shrine!

Got this in couple days ago!

OIkJKDh.jpg

HRRlhgU.jpg

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
So i bought my first hot toys barbie doll...The fuck are these so damn expensive.
Paid almost the same amount for my Batman Premium format. Had to get Keaton though for my Batmobile.
iTHj0DK.jpg

pQiF59d.jpg

rqp2fIX.jpg

zcki0xU.jpg

FJfZgbA.jpg

dzWkDYJ.jpg

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
The Hot Toys and Sideshow's own sixth scales at list price tend to be cheaper than the premium formats or other statues, It's probably a case of the aftermarket raising prices after the figure went out of production. It is worth noting though that unlike a lot of other toys, it can be kind of a crap shoot as to what retains or gains value. My Hot Toys Marty Mcfly was bought off ebay a good while after production ended and from what I remember was right around the original MSRP, I've also gotten some older Sideshows from when they were just starting out for dirt cheap. So my guess is you just ended up grabbing one that actually has grown in value since it's original release, while your premium format is still being actively produced (to my knowledge). There are some older premium formats that have gone up into the thousands once Sideshow stopped selling them.

I'm digging the look of the Keaton figure, they really seemed to go all in on the rubber look of the costume, I'm also assuming the edges of the cape have some kind of bendable material for posing?

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah, the problem with the high end 1/6 stuff is no matter how fancy you can only scale actual costuming down so much. Sculpting is usually on point but the clothing looks super awkward in comparison. The Batmobile looks dope but the belt and cape look janky as hell.

I remember the Back to The Future set had the same problem.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
My buddy was able to pick this Battle Chun for me at Sakura-Con. My first bishojou. This looks pretty amazing!

VsktJ6K.jpg

teL8zvq.jpg

yGdpRMF.jpg

HHojLZL.jpg

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Looks like Megatron didn't do leg day. He such a girlie man!

Got Conan 1:3 last night, if you dont like it...The hell with you!
ScIVlOz.jpg

wgNOxr6.jpg

My new HT setup.
TZRALgY.jpg

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
That Conan statue is pretty awesome, as is your whole display room set-up! That Chun Li is definitely a work of art too.

I was having an online discussion with a woman who lives in Ireland, and, knowing my love for toys, she recommended this UK toy museum to me if I ever visit the country:

http://www.vam.ac.uk/moc/collections/

Rot, Bogard, etc., you ever been there? Looks pretty cool.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
After Two years wait, Zangief finally arrived. Happy Twosday!

zangief2.jpg
2ubwEZ9.jpg
30072994_10204422742924793_4474181640727607281_o.jpg
29983200_10204422746244876_682358549799470454_o.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
I'm surprised that they didn't offer him in 2P colors too--of course, that'd be a relatively easy repaint. Is that why you got two?

@fakeXsound: I'm still waiting for some Japanese toy company to make Mai Shiranui or Dead or Alive girls with electric-motor-driven jiggling bosoms. I just know they've invested R&D dollars into this matter.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I'm surprised that they didn't offer him in 2P colors too--of course, that'd be a relatively easy repaint. Is that why you got two?

@fakeXsound: I'm still waiting for some Japanese toy company to make Mai Shiranui or Dead or Alive girls with electric-motor-driven jiggling bosoms. I just know they've invested R&D dollars into this matter.
What they need to do is make those sex bots looks like their anime/video game characters! That shit will sell!

As for 2 zangiefs, ibought one extra in case it breaks or unable to get a replacement. Im actually thinking of either painting an alternate color or put some mix media clothing like his alternate story mode in SFV.

They actually have mecha gief & v-trigger gief too. They sold out less then a minute. :( But luckily im in the process of picking those two as well.

LadyVamp

Camel Slug
I have a lot of of pop vinyls.

I have a ton of Sailor Moon.

I still have my toys from when I was a kid, like Ghostbusters, TMNT, X-Men, etc.

I have Batman figures, too, because Batman is GOAT.

@M

20 Year Member
@HDRchampion: If you could find an in-scale red cape, that'd be a pretty quick and easy way to make your two 'Giefs visually different too. Well, whatever you decide to do, don't forget to show us a pic if you customize one of your Russian grapplers.

You're talking about this, right? That would look pretty cool.

sfv-01_sf5allcostumecolors19.jpg

Last edited:

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
@HDRchampion: If you could find an in-scale red cape, that'd be a pretty quick and easy way to make your two 'Giefs visually different too. Well, whatever you decide to do, don't forget to show us a pic if you customize one of your Russian grapplers.

You're talking about this, right? That would look pretty cool.

View attachment 49828

Yup that's the one...As for the cape, i already thought of that. This guy is selling a custom gief & comes with a cape. Im hoping it will be the same size as its a 1/4 scale statue too.
19884410_672536826264874_7545353755629285252_n.jpg
19756470_672536776264879_8175923034131312155_n.jpg

I wonder how hard it would be to make that cape? What do you guys think of this custom Yay or nay?

@M

20 Year Member
A cape is a relatively simple thing to make, but you need at least some sewing know-how to hem the edges and shit or they may fray over time (you can put bendable wire inside the hems too so that the cape will be poseable--you can then have it billowing behind him, to the side, etc.) Dyed fabric can stain plastic/resin over time, so that's another thing to be mindful of.

I think those two custom 'Giefs looks pretty sweet; I like the second, more Alpha-esque head better, with that crazy-ass expression. The little beer bottles on the bases are neat-o too. The cape doesn't look half bad just resting on the ground by his legs either.