Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Yeah it is a Detolf from Ikea. They are pretty inexpensive at $60. Dimensions for each shelf is around

Height - 37.5cm
Width - 39cm
Depth - 33cm

You can add more shelves to if you want.

On mine I dust proofed it with some weatherstrip foam on the openings and built a base to secure it to the floor. All that is left now is to put some custom leds into it and open up some figures. Pretty cool displays for how cheap they are as the alternatives are either custom made ones or very expensive retail kiosk displays. Someday I would like to get one of those as they allow you to display more figures. Only problem is locating one for a decent price.

IMG_0686.JPG

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
The Detolfs are pretty nice, I have been looking on FB to see if I can pick up for dirt cheap.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
The display case is cool, but what I'm really digging is that Metroid! Is that the JAKKs Pacific one, or something else?

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Yeah it is a Detolf from Ikea. They are pretty inexpensive at $60. Dimensions for each shelf is around

Height - 37.5cm
Width - 39cm
Depth - 33cm

You can add more shelves to if you want.

On mine I dust proofed it with some weatherstrip foam on the openings and built a base to secure it to the floor. All that is left now is to put some custom leds into it and open up some figures. Pretty cool displays for how cheap they are as the alternatives are either custom made ones or very expensive retail kiosk displays. Someday I would like to get one of those as they allow you to display more figures. Only problem is locating one for a decent price.

View attachment 47753

Fist of the North Star on DVD and Samba de Amigo, you really know how to party

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Yeah its the JAKKs pacific one.

IMG_0693.JPG

Also yeah I party hard. I plan to pop in Samba De amigo again.

JRedmond3

NEST Puppet
Yes please:

DJMX5aeUEAACGS-.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
That figure will Genocide Cutter all your other action figures to pieces, steal your G.I.JOE U.S.S. Flagg, arm it with illegal fireworks, and take over your swimming pool. In the unlikely event that your other toys can launch a successful counterattack (a team edit of MotU Merman, Spongebob Squarepants, and DC Aquaman is your best bet), they will be alarmed to discover that Rugal has stuffed the U.S.S. Flagg with firecrackers and cherry bombs and will detonate the whole mess out of spite if he loses.

It's kinda shitty (those are some scrawny twig legs), but I made a KOF '95 Omega Rugal miniature action figure back in 2007:

KOF_rugal95.jpg:

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Got these in a few days ago, just need to get the Rapmaster Rocketship.

IMG_0720.JPG

@M

20 Year Member
@ChuChu Flamingo: Sweet Toejam & Earl figures; I didn't even know those existed! Wasn't there a female character in the newer Xbox game? Did they make her too?

@White Devil: Glad you finally scored that Pitt you wanted. That is indeed a beautiful BAF.

@Zeneiken: Cool Ulalas. What's the significance of the white outfit? I haven't played Space Channel 5 in ages, nor did I ever beat it, so I don't remember? It's cool that Figma gave three dancing alien figures to go with her as accessories too.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
What's the significance of the white outfit? I haven't played Space Channel 5 in ages, nor did I ever beat it, so I don't remember?

That's her Space Channel 5 Part 2 outfit.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Finally got the invoice for shipping for my Zangief statue! i paid almost a year and half ago in full...Now im getting fucked by shipping cost, how the fuck is a statue going to cost $96 to ship in the US. Never had experience with a company that will take your money in full & not let you know how much shipping cost will be. Also not know when it will be shipped out. No refunds either.

Im hearing that some fuckers ordered some statue back in 2014 & are overjoyed/gladly pay the $180 shipping... These doll fuckers are fucked in the head.

*edit*

Are those Detolf shelf adjustable? Ill probably pick a couple of them up to display some of my figures, hopefully the Gief statue will fit...I doubt it though.

Last edited:

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
image000000.jpg
Finally found this guy for a good price, box is a little worn but everything else is in stellar condition

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yes. Not a great pic but fuck yes. Still trying to track down the kit with the train car etc.

One of the only toys I'll keep forever.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Finally got the invoice for shipping for my Zangief statue! i paid almost a year and half ago in full...Now im getting fucked by shipping cost, how the fuck is a statue going to cost $96 to ship in the US. Never had experience with a company that will take your money in full & not let you know how much shipping cost will be. Also not know when it will be shipped out. No refunds either.

Im hearing that some fuckers ordered some statue back in 2014 & are overjoyed/gladly pay the $180 shipping... These doll fuckers are fucked in the head.

*edit*

Are those Detolf shelf adjustable? Ill probably pick a couple of them up to display some of my figures, hopefully the Gief statue will fit...I doubt it though.

Pretty sure that's someone hosing you. How is it being shipped? I certainly hope overnight for that.

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
@Zaneikin nice space channel 5 figmas

@M and yeah there was a girl in the xbox version M. I really like that mudman figure.

@ NeuroticMoose Also I want to get that big O diecast sometime as I have the Roger Smith figma. I still need to get the Dorothy figma as well.

@kiel If you really want it I would get it. $120 isn't that much for a figure especially for one of that size. Chances are if you don't pick it up now its going to be more in the aftermarket should it get popular. If you think video game scalping is bad, figures and toys are way worse. This has been my experience in the seven plus years I've been buying.

No, but you can easily mod it to put a shelf higher.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ikea-detolf-modification-1-adding-additional-shelves.423114/

How long have you had the Zangief ordered?

Yeah the shipping price does suck. Unfortunately our postal system is ran by groids and thus they probably need to insure it for full value (most of these figures are $400++, sometimes more in the second hand sale if people missed the pre-orders). Additionally these figures are made of polystone and thus way more brittle than standard pvc figures. With that said it is still overpriced but thought I would explain why a figure might cost more to ship than traditional shit.

Riperoni for me as I have pop culture shock figures Cammy Shadaloo and Battle outfit Chun Li on preorder. April-June for Cammy and Christmas if no delays for Chun Li. Hopefully Majoras Mask comes out this year as they re-did the sculpt. Below is what I have preorder'd atm.

figure.jpg

Last edited: