Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Cool Chogokin figs, I only have two of them that I found in a box years ago.

Here's most of my stuff:

figs.jpg

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
When I first started collecting I went to a toy fair and asked a dealer if he had a loose yak face. he replied no its just the way he looks, we did laugh.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
When I first started collecting I went to a toy fair and asked a dealer if he had a loose yak face. he replied no its just the way he looks, we did laugh.

I kind of miss the old Cantina aliens, back before Lucas thought up "proper" names for them. Hammerhead...Snaggletooth...etc.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I got rid of my childhood toys a few years back at a yard sale (don't worry, they were highly abused so I'm not out any money), but I still have some sealed 25th anniversary G.I Joe comic Packs from 2007, and some sealed Star Trek figures from the 2009 movie. I have the entire collection minus Spock. :crying:

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Here's one of my PVC figures. I just got it in the mail today:
mamanana1333561829.jpg

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Anyone want a gigantic box of misc. Gashapon/Trading figures?

I will stuff a large USPS Priority box with like $100+ worth of figures. Just pay the $15 shipping.

Seriously. Just PM me.

Lee Gray

I kind of miss the old Cantina aliens, back before Lucas thought up "proper" names for them. Hammerhead...Snaggletooth...etc.
Yeah some of the proper names they have been given sound even dumber than calling them what they looked like. I mean half the names are not even pronounceable , Saelt-Marae , Momaw Nadon , just seems like letters thrown in a hat and take your pick.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

I will stuff a large USPS Priority box with like $100+ worth of figures. Just pay the $15 shipping.

Seriously. Just PM me.
I'd be dead and my wife in jail for murder if a large USPS Priority box with like $100+ worth of figures showed up here. No good.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

Seriously. Just PM me.

Any game / 80's anime stuff in there?

figs.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Could you take a close up of those Mario figures? I have the one where he's climbing the vine - I didn't know more versions existed.

Last edited:

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Could you take a close up of those Mario figures? I have the one where he's climbing the vine - I didn't know more versions existed.

They're from a set of Nintendo PVC figures made by Applause in 1989. Here's a picture of the back of one of the packages showing the full set of 12. The beanstalk one was one of the original 4 (the others being the mushroom, the fireball, and the koopa). Also, variants of these Mario figures are known to exist. Some of them have brown hair, while others have black. Which version is earlier or more rare? I have no idea.

toys_figures_applauseset.jpg

I had all of them when I was a kid, but doing excavations at my parent's house has only turned up 9. I'm still missing Mario with the Hammer, Little Mac, and Link. They'll turn up one day. :)

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Any game / 80's anime stuff in there?

Yeah, SNK, Capcom, Macross, EVA etc. Honestly all kinds of stuff mostly anime, manga and game related. I've been cleaning out my back room and I just have so much stuff I don't want to list most of it here or on ebay.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member

Seriously. Just PM me.

Yeah quoting myself here.

I've got like 4-5 boxes of stuff lined up to ship, pretty much everything is spoken for at this point.

I still have a bunch of full sized figs and statues to get rid of but that is going to take a real sales thread.

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
Curious, does anyone build gundam figures?

I do, Master Grade kits are tons of fun. I hope to do a perfect grade kit some day. I also dabble in making figurines out of polymer clay.

as far as toys, I used to collect dragonball related figures, until they started releasing a new line every month. I still have the complete super battle collection. Minus the movie theater exclusive. I even have a ' full action pose 'trunks figure, that is more like a doll than an action figure, That I found at a collectables shop back in 1996 he is more ugly than anything but I just can not find it in my heart to sell him. Here is some more info on the ugly full action pose figures

http://www.geocities.ws/luljs/dbzfup.html

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Very selective on this, but I do have:
-Some Starwars (Old & New)
-Thundercats
-GI Joe

My Thundercats collection will make FTL die of masturbation side effects.

superdum2

Quiz Detective
I broke down at last and purchased Kaneda's bike for $12 new thanks to my girlfriends go for it your going to buy it someday attitude XD

aria

Former Moderator
The quality of work by Hot Toys has tempted me in recent years, but I'm off the wagon.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Years ago I was really into collecting vintage and modern Japanese robot toys, models, etc. Also a bit with Godzilla stuff. Initially started with Macross related stuff spurred on by the release of Robotech on DVD.

modded_155_collage.gif

Lee Gray

just got this glasslite vlix that is the rarest star wars figure.
Glasslite_Vlix.JPG

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Is that an 8" Great Icarus on the far right?

Also, I know I've shown this off a couple times, but it's just that cool to look at due to being so goddamn massive.

ultrazord.png

I have a bunch of them CIB are they going for anything these days? I know that when they where first released back in the day they where impossible to find in stores.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Hahaha. Yeah, earlier I said I wasn't interested in any ThreeA figures well all it took was for me to get one in my hands and that changed.

These things are crazy awesome. I was always against figures that came with actual clothing since the ones I had seen in the past always looked akward(barring the really expensive stuff by Enterbay and Hot Toys etc.). But ThreeA completely changed that, the detail and quality of their clothing is mind blowing. Not to mention the weathering.

I was also always put off by the licenses that alot of these companies got. Sure I like Star Wars, Predator and Indiana Jones but never felt the need to have a shelf full of the characters.

ThreeA is so far away from that stuff with their Popbot, Adventure Kartel and World War Robot lines it's pretty refreshing.

I'll take some pics of my stuff this evening and post em up.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I've recently been thinking about selling all my NIP/NIB Sota SF figures, most of my Revoltechs, and most/all of my Playarts FF figs. I've stopped collecting everything but games, and even then, I've slowed that down quite a bit to save money for a house; it's time to downsize.