Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Funny story. My toy designer friend came up to me at NYCC....

Him - "Hey, you know those Mini Mates toys?"

Me - "Oh, those fake Kubricks?"

Him - "Uhhh yeah... Here's the owner. Figured I'd introduce you."

Luckily the owner didn't hear me.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
63077fee-21f7-42b9-8d1b-ace3eff030a2_zpsf2754fae.jpg~original

fake

15 Year Member
That's a big effing RX-78

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Funny story. My toy designer friend came up to me at NYCC....

Him - "Hey, you know those Mini Mates toys?"

Me - "Oh, those fake Kubricks?"

Him - "Uhhh yeah... Here's the owner. Figured I'd introduce you."

Luckily the owner didn't hear me.

LMFAO!!!!! That's hilarious. I really want the Mega Man Kubricks.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Ouch!! So is that going to change how you respond to stuff in the future? :) lol

Yeah, it's one of those Jumbo Grade ones.

fake

15 Year Member
Ouch!! So is that going to change how you respond to stuff in the future? :) lol

Yeah, it's one of those Jumbo Grade ones.

Haha yes, at least at Comic Con or the designer toy parties! I didn't feel as bad when he told me the story. He saw how Kubricks were taking off in Japan and decided to "borrow" from them and get a bunch of licenses that would be popular over here. He ended up getting a lot of game licenses as well, though, so there's a lot of cross-over between Kubrick and Mini Mates territories.

I bought my friend that Bandai Mario figure. He's now pretty much got a Super Smash Bros diorama going on - Mario, Link, Samus, and the D-Arts Mega Man.

I think the Mega Man Kubricks are still available:
http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcom...=U7twMAoydBAAAAPYKgMAAAFA&rests=1404792879994

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Haha yes, at least at Comic Con or the designer toy parties! I didn't feel as bad when he told me the story. He saw how Kubricks were taking off in Japan and decided to "borrow" from them and get a bunch of licenses that would be popular over here. He ended up getting a lot of game licenses as well, though, so there's a lot of cross-over between Kubrick and Mini Mates territories.

I bought my friend that Bandai Mario figure. He's now pretty much got a Super Smash Bros diorama going on - Mario, Link, Samus, and the D-Arts Mega Man.

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcom...=U7twMAoydBAAAAPYKgMAAAFA&rests=1404792879994

Haha, yes that's probably a very good thing to observe at least in those places/situations. Don't need to add more complications to the world by burning bridges for nothing in return :)

Gotta give the guy props for seizing an opportunity and adding a spin to it.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran

Awesome I'll have to try and scoop em' thanks for the heads up. The D-arts figures are rad I want the Sigma but it's like 300 bucks.

That soundwave minimate is amazing, gatdam.

Thank you sir. That and the Galvatron are my favorites.

Is that a KO or does Bandai normally mispell White Base?

LOL I just noticed that.

Last edited:

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Don't really 'collect' per se, but I do have a few complete sets of stuff from a while ago (FFVII, MGS). Got a ton of stuff from my childhood like TMNT, G.I. Joe, Aliens, Predator, Micro Machines, X-Men, He-Man... Lately I've been picking up all the Mario Bros. Kenex figurines and Lego Minifigs. Just out of boredom really...

fake

15 Year Member
Don't really 'collect' per se, but I do have a few complete sets of stuff from a while ago (FFVII, MGS). Got a ton of stuff from my childhood like TMNT, G.I. Joe, Aliens, Predator, Micro Machines, X-Men, He-Man... Lately I've been picking up all the Mario Bros. Kenex figurines and Lego Minifigs. Just out of boredom really...

Heh, I was working with K'Nex on a video project in 2011. Some kids had won a behind-the-scenes tour of the K'Nex HQ and the guy got to the Nintendo area and was like, "Hey, can you guys keep a secret? We're making Mario and Donkey Kong K'Nex sets" and the kids went bonkers. It was kind of amazing.

fake

15 Year Member
I ordered these. Hand cast resin. I'm still waiting for them to come in.

kittenbeartrap_grande.jpeg

Got this too. I had been waiting a few years to get a good deal on it:
reaper.jpg

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I put most of my figures in storage, mostly collect bust statues...

1:1 scale bust

Have room for one more and that's for Iron man that i have on order.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
not bigtymer and the series has recently been called gay here, but I still like heman so when I found out you can get a skeletor head that looks similar to the original mini comics I needed one.
_57_zpsfab9c1d4.jpg

Maybe someone like hemans as much as me and will find interesting?

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Damn, that Altered Beast level 1 boss figure is wicked cool! A complete Altered Beast toy line, done something like Masters of the Universe Classics, would rule the school.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Damn, that Altered Beast level 1 boss figure is wicked cool! A complete Altered Beast toy line, done something like Masters of the Universe Classics, would rule the school.

Agreed, that Aggar kicks ass! I'd love to see Neff and the hero in all their forms. Oh yeah, and Chicken Leg needs to be made:

enemy_cockatrice.png

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Just got a display case for my stuff. Here is a couple quick pics. More to come when I figure out the best lighting when taking the picture since the case has a mirrored back.

100_1583.JPG
100_1587.JPG
100_1588.JPG