Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Some figures I recently got... themed just in time for the season

Limited Japan Wonderfest 2014 damakaimura /chomakaimura sofubis and splatterhouse keshi figures. Also a second pair of bub n bob plushes. These ones make sounds when you push their belly.

SH_KESHI1_zps4c0f5676.jpg~original

SH_KESHI2_zpsfe974d78.jpg~original

sofubi1_zps083df648.jpg~original

sofubi2b_zpsaf18a049.jpg~original

BubBobWitches2_zps7d3b7584.jpg~original

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Those Splatterhouse and Ghosts & Goblins keshi are awesome!

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
I posted some pics of some statue gets I picked up at a comic convention. I forgot to put up a picture of a Wonder Woman bust I also picked up on the last day that was marked down.

wwdcd-minibust.jpg

We were in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for a few days this past weekend and I checked for any comic shops in the area. I found two in Sevierville and went to check them out on Friday. One of them was closed for a convention but the other had this little gem I picked up...

519VqQfa6HL.jpg

I'd never seen one on eBay before and searching for it by description and UPC yielded no results. I finally managed to find a picture of it on Amazon and was amazed it was listed for $99. I realize Amazon tends to be priced a tad high to begin with but I paid less than half of that. :)

They also had a Black Canary bust I almost picked up but right as I went to check out, I noticed the right hand was missing a finger so I left it there. :annoyed:

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Those chibi figurines of Terry and Nakoruru and neat, the mini figurines are okay too but that giant doll Nakoruru is a whole bunch of creepy nope. :annoyed:

I picked this up from my LCS this week.

7156RGVKN0L._SL1500_.jpg

Katana never did have the best luck with costumes but this is better looking than her baggy pants look. :p

Supposedly I have two more statues coming in next week, New 52 Batgirl and Batwoman. My LCS is trying to bankrupt me. :emb:

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
- that giant doll Nakoruru is a whole bunch of creepy nope.

not really all that giant, only about 11in.tall. no offense to you personally, but it does seem like most "Well-Adjusted Individuals"
are invariably "Creeped Out" by Character Dolls, irregardless of who or what they represent.

i guess i'm simply too much of a social deviant to truly grasp the multitude of very good reasons why "Everyone" with a "Life" always feels this way...

Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
I'm a grown-ass man and, in addition to the "boys" stuff like G.I.JOE, Masters of the Universe, Transformers, TMNT, Marvel/DC Superheroes, I also own dozens of "girls" dolls and I don't care who knows it or how they feel about it. Despite how many male collectors will swear up and down that it isn't true, action figures are all dolls too. In fact, terms like "action figure" were coined by the toy industry specifically to get boys to buy dolls (like the original 12" G.I.JOEs), because they knew boys wouldn't want them if they labeled them for what they really are.

Here's the Polly Pocket Disney Princess Beauty & The Beast Belle, Barbie Fashionistas Raquelle, and Lil' Bratz Rock Starz Ailani I bought from the thrift store last week ($2.50+tax total):

belle_raquelle_daphne_zpscf353fab.jpg~original

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I'm a grown-ass man and, in addition to the "boys" stuff like G.I.JOE, Masters of the Universe, Transformers, TMNT, Marvel/DC Superheroes, I also own dozens of "girls" dolls and I don't care who knows it or how they feel about it. Despite how many male collectors will swear up and down that it isn't true, action figures are all dolls too. In fact, terms like "action figure" were coined by the toy industry specifically to get boys to buy dolls (like the original 12" G.I.JOEs), because they knew boys wouldn't want them if they labeled them for what they really are.

Here's the Polly Pocket Disney Princess Beauty & The Beast Belle, Barbie Fashionistas Raquelle, and Lil' Bratz Rock Starz Ailani I bought from the thrift store last week ($2.50+tax total):

belle_raquelle_daphne_zpscf353fab.jpg~original

Shit nigga, that is super kawaii. The two on the right are sluts, while the one on the left is waifu material and pure.

Not everything is a doll though but I digress. What do you like about things designed for females like Bratz and barbie? I mean do you participate in the fandom or anything? Im serious here,

Doll fucker aside, I have nothing against dolls I just think they look like shit compared to the source material they are suppose to represent. some of the volks japanese dolls are massively expensive, like 400-600 with extra clothes more expensive than real clothes. Look up those dolls sometime, its crazy how expensive they are.

Also is that Mahoromatic background Master Tasuke? It was a pretty good anime until the ending.

Here is a picture of a few of my figures, sometime later I should take a picture that isn't potato quality.

All the figures I own

http://myfigurecollection.net/collection/ChuChuFlamingo/&status=2&root=0

Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
ChuChu Flamingo: It’s more of a general love of toys in general than dolls specifically. In addition to collecting and making them, I also enjoy learning about their history, design/construction, etc. The whole gender-division thing in the toy industry doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense in my eyes. To me, toys are toys, regardless of whether they’re pink and frilly or bloody and brandishing firearms. As far as participating in the doll brands fandom goes, to some extent I do. I follow and read several doll-centric blogs, research doll manufacturers/brands, exchange tips/advice on the repair/maintenance/customization of dolls, etc., but then, I belong to TMNT, Transformers, etc., forums too and engage in the same types of behaviors with “boy” toy brands.

Here are some more of my recent thrift store "rescues":

bratz_glaceon_100_kids_projects_zpse2c6531c.jpg~original

MGA Bratz Chloe and a Tomy Pokemon Glaceon. The 100 Kids Projects book, which has instructions for making all manner of toys and games, is very good, and if you have artistically-inclined children, I'd highly recommend it.

avery_shishi_marge_mae_zps52ca1550.jpg~original

MGA Moxie Girlz Avery, McDonald's Moshi Monsters (popular online children's game) Shishi, Burger King plush Simpsons Marge (you had to pay for these seperate, with your meal, back in the day, probably due to their size--I think they ran around $3 at the time), and MGA Novi Stars Mae Tallick (electronic talking action).

belle_tia_tinker_geddes_bollywood_zpsf3cfefce.jpg~original

Disney Beauty & The Beast Belle, Mattel Diva Starz Tia (electronic talking feature accompanied by light-up lips), Jakks Pacific Disney Tinkerbell, Spin Master La Dee Da Bollywood Bright Dee, and Anne Geddes' Labor of Love autobiography (if you've never heard of her, she's a world famous photographer who specializes in portraits of babies and children).

spaghetti_artsy_twilight_nightmare_brandy_opress_zps3725186b.jpg~original

A couple of Ohio Art Betty Spaghetti dolls (the blonde, on the right is a McDonald's one, the incomplete one, on the left, is a "real" one, these dolls have interchangeable limbs/parts so that you can customize your doll however you like--this pair came in a Ziplock bag, disassembled, for fifty cents, so I couldn't tell that there wasn't enough parts to make two complete dolls when I bought it, which is a bit of a bummer, but, I'm sure I'll stumble across some more of them in the future and be able to rectify that), Mattel Barbie Fashionistas Swappin' Styles Artsy (her head is removable, and can be swapped out with others--the Raquelle I posted previously is from the same line, but her head isn't swappable, as she's a standard doll), McDonald's My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Twilight Sparkle (missing her circular comb/clip-on), Monster High Nightmare (missing its saddle, this was a Toys R Us exclusive with the Headless Headmistress Bloodgood doll), riding said horse is a Mattel Super Stars Brandy (the real world singer), and, finally, a Star Wars: Clone Wars Savage Opress (Darth Maul's brother, the Cyrax to his Sektor).

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Seta souji would do unspeakable things for that MLP:FIM figure.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
My most recent desk arrangement. I did get a Minecraft Creeper but haven't opened it yet.

2014-10-20160916_zps0269d7fc.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
What's the story with that awesome-looking pirahna? Is it a prop replica from a horror movie or something, or just a creepy model of the real fish?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
What's the story with that awesome-looking pirahna? Is it a prop replica from a horror movie or something, or just a creepy model of the real fish?

It is a real piranha. At my old company, this was the trophy for whoever the top salesman was for the month. One month the top salesman was a guy who didn't care about trophies (or about being good at sales, aka he was a dick) and he ended up damaging it. That's why there is no tail or fins anymore. So I took it away from him and it has been in my possession ever since.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Dammit... that Risty is as awesome as I knew it would be... Ughhh, I've debated hard about it.

You won't have any regrets. That's probably the last fig from my collection, it's that nice.

@M

20 Year Member
Pretty cool; I imagine that tail is from a Disney Little Mermaid Ariel doll?

I dressed a Spin Master Liv Hayden as a mermaid for a toy review I did recently. The garment didn't come with the tail fins, so I stuffed a pair of translucent pantaloons into the end to approximate them:

LIV_mermaid1_zps910d759f.jpg~original

I believe that the two pink seals are from this Crayola line of customizable bath toys:

crayola-seal-color-me-bath-buddy-4-pc.jpg

I've got an orange crab from the same series too, but I couldn't find it while I was doing the photo shoot.

Last edited:

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
Pretty cool; I imagine that tail is from a Disney Little Mermaid Ariel doll?

it is indeed from two different MATTEL Ariel dolls. it required a slight modification to fit properly, but now it all fits Hazuki here as if it was made for her;

MermaidHazukihearts10-31-143_zps8ff52c13.jpg

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I'll get in on this with some of the few items I have.

DSCF0615.JPG

These two toys I repainted to represent a faction in BattleTech.

DSCF0617.JPG

Here are a few better pictures of them. Usually I'll get the toys and then mod or repaint them to be stuff like that. These two were just cheap capsule toys.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm going to be honest here...there is something twisted and sinister about some of you in this thread...

Seriously...some of you should seek professional help...