Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
I have a nearly complete (loose) collection of all the OG Playmates figures. They were so good. And so affordable.

Decipticreep, you probably don't need me to tell you since you seem like a pretty big fan, but OG April in the white boots is teh rarez! Also, I'm jealous of the NECA set. I'm kicking myself for not buying that.

It's not the super rare April with no stripes. Its the one with the blue stripe.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
It's not the super rare April with no stripes. Its the one with the blue stripe.

Ah, gotcha. Hunting down the white boots April was probably my first hit of the rarez hunting drug. I was like 4. I finally found it sealed in a local comics shop.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I had so many of those turtle toys as a kid.
No joke, my friend's dad bought his kid's toys in duplicate. 1 for the kid to play with, and 1 to keep for nostalgia/sale when the kid was older.
He had so many turtle toys sealed up.

fake

15 Year Member
I had so many of those turtle toys as a kid.
No joke, my friend's dad bought his kid's toys in duplicate. 1 for the kid to play with, and 1 to keep for nostalgia/sale when the kid was older.
He had so many turtle toys sealed up.

Have you ever watched that shitty show "The Toy Hunter"? A lot of times he'll go to parents who did exactly that and buy them for face value. :lolz:

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Have you ever watched that shitty show "The Toy Hunter"? A lot of times he'll go to parents who did exactly that and buy them for face value. :lolz:

seems about right. no, i would rather not watch those shows. that's a little too much cringe.
i watched 1 episode and that was a struggle. This dood was knee deep in he-man figs. That was enough to stop me from ever having interest.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Ah, gotcha. Hunting down the white boots April was probably my first hit of the rarez hunting drug. I was like 4. I finally found it sealed in a local comics shop.

Face value as in how much they're worth or as in how much was originally paid? I never watched the show.

fake

15 Year Member
Face value as in how much they're worth or as in how much was originally paid? I never watched the show.

What they paid for them back in the day. About $6 per.

Even if they doubled their money and got about $12 per, that's probably still a loss when accounting for inflation. :lolz:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I did. I have a ghost in the shell figure boxed, an incomplete set of matrix figures, and various pre-order bonuses from JRPGs.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Finally had some free time this weekend, so I wanted to post an update to the masterpiece scaled TF collection my wife and I have been putting together since last year. TF Con 2017 has come and gone, and we put a little battle scene together with all of the most recent pick-ups. Eventually, once we a have a proper space for them all, we'll make a huge diorama with everyone, and I'll get the Contructicons combined into Devastator, etc.

Here are a couple of shots of everyone we got in the last month: Skyfire, Trailbreaker, Perceptor, Inferno, Jazz, Mirage, Grimlock, Hound, Bludgeon, Swoop, Wildrider, Dragstrip, Breakdown, and Megatron.
poo9Byg.jpg

DxxknqO.jpg

My favorite, Bludgeon, fending off Grimlock and Swoop:
Gzo2soX.jpg

I really like this shot of Hound vs. Wildrider:
NS4FZ5J.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That looks awesome, that's how I like displaying mine, in a battle! I used to make Papier-mâché mountain and volcanos to add to the backgrounds, then I go lazy as time went on and all I did was print backgrounds and set them in shelves...nowdays...I'm just not displaying them anymore :(. I'm still keeping up with some of the Generations run...your post makes me want to start again! Thanks for sharing! Dat Megs looks awesome, I have the previous MP, the skeletal one, lol.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Finally had some free time this weekend, so I wanted to post an update to the masterpiece scaled TF collection my wife and I have been putting together since last year. TF Con 2017 has come and gone, and we put a little battle scene together with all of the most recent pick-ups. Eventually, once we a have a proper space for them all, we'll make a huge diorama with everyone, and I'll get the Contructicons combined into Devastator, etc.

Here are a couple of shots of everyone we got in the last month: Skyfire, Trailbreaker, Perceptor, Inferno, Jazz, Mirage, Grimlock, Hound, Bludgeon, Swoop, Wildrider, Dragstrip, Breakdown, and Megatron.
poo9Byg.jpg

DxxknqO.jpg

Gzo2soX.jpg

NS4FZ5J.jpg

That looks awesome, that's how I like displaying mine, in a battle! I used to make Papier-mâché mountain and volcanos to add to the backgrounds, then I go lazy as time went on and all I did was print backgrounds and set them in shelves...

Adults.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member

poo9Byg.jpg

DxxknqO.jpg

Gzo2soX.jpg

NS4FZ5J.jpg

Fucking awesome!

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Collected transformers figure when I was 19,sold all my transformers collection for 10 years ago!

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I don't go out specifically hunting for toys/action figures, but I grab stuff that's cool when I see it. I really like robot toys. I have a tin robot from Japan made in the 60's that is probably the jewel of my collection.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
So my new thing I wanted to collect was the mini arcade cabinets. I finally got the ones Walmart was selling. Space Invaders, Centipede, Q*Bert, and Pac Man, but now I want to start finding more. I want to make a mini arcade on top of my arcade cabinet. Maybe make small Marvel action figures look like They're playing them or something.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
G1 Transformers peaked 10 years ago? I didn't think they were going down but up at this rate but I've only been bothering in the last 2 years about with them.

A few weekends ago I got something pretty damn badass at the flea market that a regular thought I'd like and brought along.

This is Space Sheriff Sharivan from 1983, Bandai just after it switched to that from Popy. Vinyl figure with red candy coat/sparkles fill to it. Almost perfect all around, not exactly the most rare thing to find alone, but locating the box is almost unheard of from all I could dig up and it cost me just $20. It's a really awesome figure, keep it on my desk under a light due to the make up of it unlike my other kept on a shelf.

Attachments

• jprobot-spacesheriffsharvivan1.JPG
    jprobot-spacesheriffsharvivan1.JPG
    295.9 KB · Views: 127

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
G1 Transformers peaked 10 years ago? I didn't think they were going down but up at this rate but I've only been bothering in the last 2 years about with them.

The market is still up from say.... 2001 but it isn't as high as it was in 2007.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I'll pick up stuff if I see it these days, but I would hardly call me a collector.
about the only figures(or what have you) that I bothered to track down any kind of recently was the big metroid figure from Jakks (not the best quality, but it's still neat)
kinda been picking up the world of nintendo toys here and there, but the scalpers are real.

That said, I did find some crazy Guts figure a while back at a local comic shop for cheap that I just couldn't say no to.