Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Like the title states, do any members collect? I am referring to items from Neca, Sideshow Collectables and other known vendors.

I am just now compiling a list of items I wish to collect with a main focus on Alien and comic book heroes.

Gamefan

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I do off and on, for comic related figures it's for me either been DC Select or which ever company Marvel uses at the moment

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I wouldn't say I collect them per se, but I do have a bunch of various things. Bunch of Transformers, more than a few GI Joes, some Marvel and DC stuff. A few Japanese things.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'll buy something if it's related to something I really like. I bought the Dante DMC 4 Play Arts figure, a Ninja Gaiden Ryu Hayabusa figure or two, an Ezio figure, stuff like that. But even if they're part of a line, I stop with the figures I like. Some people are complete collectors, and I get that. I just don't do it with toys/toy lines.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I collect vintage star wars, I did have the side show collectables darth maul 1:1 bust but sold that.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
I bought compulsively for a couple of years, now I'm having a hard time trying to sell of few of the items to avoid room-space issues... I got kinda saturated during my trip to Japan, though. I decided to buy ONLY specific, way too good figures and leave it at that.

The rest of the money will be going to games ;)

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I have a rather massive lego collection that is mostly stored away in boxes in my parents' attic. I stopped buying new - and old - sets when i really ran out of space. Nowadays i only hoard parts that are either valueable or usefull for some projects that i have been working on for years.

Mostly interested in the train sets.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Obviously you haven't seen my pic in the other thread :tickled:

If it has anything to do with Cardcaptor Sakura, I have lots of it :)

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I don't really collect anymore but I've a bunch of stuff. Mainly game and anime related.

Transformers binaltec and masterpiece
Bandai Soul of Chogokin stuff
Tons of misc. gashapon and trading figures
Lupin III stuff, lost of it
Misc. diecast mechs
Some Lego Star Wars sets

Wayyyy too much stuff, I need to sell a huge chunk of it actually.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I did for quite some time, and started making my own for the sake of having full rosters, mostly from Capcom franchises. I've got a bunch of the Hot Toys ones like Iron Man, the RE5 cast, and Ezio, but I mostly have Neca and High Dream/Reigning Looney (CvSNK2) stuff NIB, especially from when I used to buy 2 of every figure. I've got a lot of one limited run stuff related to gaming, but I've since given it up and all of my collecting hobbies (other than game collecting) since getting bit by the arcade bug.

scorponok

Not scorporock,
I collect 80's toys. I also have some toys from the 70's like Star Wars and Shogun Warriors. I started collecting in the early 90's.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
I've never done any completionist collecting, but I've been known to collect various comic/game/manga-related figures. In my younger years, I used to compulsively collect Star Wars figures and Action Fleet ships, as well as Transformers (pretty much from G2 onward until Classics/Animated).

I actually can't remember the last time I bought a figure, but I'll probably splurge on something at ACEN this year.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I stopped pretty much because I ran out of room and also because of a house fire I had back in 99. I've got boxed figures downstairs in my basement that are pretty much worthless to collectors since it wasn't in a smoke free house. I used to get Lee's Action Figure and Toy Review price guide when I was a Jr.High/High School and I used that like the bible. I got most of Power Ranger Zords when the first few seasons of the show were really hyped. I also had a ton of TMNT and Real Ghostbusters toys while my brother was hardcore with Transformers and Star Wars toys. I'll only buy something I really like and I can have it out as a display piece on my shelf.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Wish I had room to display those. No sense in buying if the figures are not even going to be taken out of their boxes.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
i used to for Dragon Ball Z/GT action figures in the late 90s, my town china town area had a big shipment, and they were super cheap, like 2 bucks each...

after a while and found out that my cousin kept taking them, i decided to give him all of them since he actually played with them....

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I collect everything Transformers. I used to be a completionist at one time and got pretty close on a couple of things but I took some time off and now I have no chance in catching up.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
TO the O.P.: when you mention Sideshow are you primarily refering to the entry level side (In house 1:6th), midline (distributed 1:6th like Hot Toys & mezco, Sideshow premium format & LSB's, etc) or high end (lifesize/1:1 scale pieces, LSF figures, fine art pieces, etc).

I have collected product from companies such as Master Replicas, Sideshow & others.
Sideshow has become a mess of sorts though. Their size, ego, greed, Lack of thorough quality control and the whole China factor have resulted in allot of sub par to piss poor product over the last few years. The only thing worse has been the customer service that has followed, which has been even worse.

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I don't really collect anymore but I've a bunch of stuff. Mainly game and anime related.

Transformers binaltec and masterpiece
Bandai Soul of Chogokin stuff
Tons of misc. gashapon and trading figures
Lupin III stuff, lost of it
Misc. diecast mechs
Some Lego Star Wars sets

Wayyyy too much stuff, I need to sell a huge chunk of it actually.

i still want to get some kind of statue despite putting up a couple of things you gave me

was still kind of leaning towards Bayonetta

but i saw some sick-ass Baki ones from a company called Spiderweb

or maybe Zoro from One Piece (i'm huge fag for One Piece)

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
I'm pretty sure Bandai has all of my money and then some. Does that count?

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I kinda do. It's a mix of old stuff from when I was little, to random new things that look cool. I don't keep them in their boxes though, that's just silly.

Transformers, Mega Man figures, Centurions, Z-Bots, Monster in My Pocket, old Mario PVCs, Tron figures, Microman figures, Dragon Quest VIII Play Arts figs, a couple Figmas...

I wish I had some kind of cool display for them all.

I haven't bought a figure in a long time, but I did pre-order this recently:

6755871633_c74b33fee4_z.jpg