Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I've seen photos of a lot of female figures (Phicen in particular) with the metal armature bodies covered with the silicone/rubber skin. The seamless look is neat, but I've also read that material does tend to stain and tear relatively easily.

Most fucked-up nativity scene ever (Evil Lynn is apparently into bestiality):

MOTU nativity.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
optimus boy.jpg

Note: Optimosprayn is Spanish for Optimus Prime.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Well it's not really Spanish for Prime. It's just the way people who don't speak English say English words. Kinda like the way the Japanese pronounce English words 'raita-seiba' for light Saber.

Still pretty funny tho. I can hear the dude saying "opteemoos prine.'

@M

20 Year Member
I only know a handful of words in Spanish. I just repeated what the article said it meant; my apologies if that wasn't 100% accurate.

@M

20 Year Member
Some random shit I picked up at a thrift store Friday.

2003 Playskool Go-Bots Tigertron (repaint/color of Cheetor) and 2017 Tiny Turbo Chargers (blind bagged toys) Optimus Prime. Sadly, Primes's wheels don't even spin. Tigertron reminds me of Byak-ko from Plasma Swords/Star Gladiator 2 and would make a good starting base body for a custom, even though that character isn't a robot.

ba4429ab2a660759b6792d86cd3a8394.jpg

Imaginext Phoenix with flapping wings (fuck them, it's clearly a Griffon!), 1996 Ace Novelty, Co. Looney Tunes Speedy Gonzales plush, and an Imaginext Canine Police Officer (obviously missing his German Shepard). He'd make a decent WWE mini Big Boss Man too.

a87166360a4880f8e02114cdd298352e.jpg

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Walmart is selling g1 reissue stuff. I got Starscream, Hotrod and Prime.

Prime is fucking 50 bucks. I wouldn't have bought it but I never had him as a kid. Insult to injury, he doesn't even come with his trailer or Roller.

@M

20 Year Member
I don't think they had Prime, but I believe my local Walmart had the other two the last time I was in the toy section.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Walmart is selling g1 reissue stuff. I got Starscream, Hotrod and Prime.

Prime is fucking 50 bucks. I wouldn't have bought it but I never had him as a kid. Insult to injury, he doesn't even come with his trailer or Roller.

Hot Rod and Optimus still hold up as fantastic figures. G1 Starscream was always a chunk of shit, though. Partsforming abortion with impossible to properly apply stickers that begin peeling immediately.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Hot Rod and Optimus still hold up as fantastic figures. G1 Starscream was always a chunk of shit, though. Partsforming abortion with impossible to properly apply stickers that begin peeling immediately.

You are 100% not wrong. It was definitely a pain in the ass to put his decals on. I almost didn't. Btw, I open all of my purchases. I have a Robotech masterpiece that I bought ages ago and its in it's case, that "book" box it came with. But I have opened it a few times and transformed/played with it. Basically all of my modest collection is going to my nephew when he's old enough. Hes 1.5 - hes got about 10 years before he can actually play with them lol.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The only Transformer I kept in the box is the Mega Drive Megatron.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
G1 Starscream was best left in jet mode, it was a pretty sweet jet. I'm in the minority, but I really like the Combiner Wars seekers. They're big and chunky but not fiddly and fragile like the masterpieces. Starscream could have used a better paint job though, Thundercracker looks much better.

r_leader-skywarp-092.jpg

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
finally got this after 2 years of it being on pre-order. Just waiting for 1/3 Chun li to come

XO48HDbl.jpg

extreme close up of her face

yRCSEOLl.jpg

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I ended up buying the collectors edition of Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite for like 30 bucks at game stop. I mainly got it for the Infinity Stone case (it's cheap as shit) but it also came with 4 statues from the game.

The game kinda sucks. But eh, cool statues.
dafff12e0794e9c82c048af1ab68c5fe.jpg

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So other than Amiibos (don’t laugh!!!) I never bought any toys for ‘myself’ as an adult.

But I stumbled across the Fanstoys versions of the Dinobots on YouTube and they look pretty awesome - I think my kids would love them...and I know I would...

So where do you guys buy your stuff? It looks like Grimlock and Snarl can still be found pretty easily but the others not so much. Since these were from a few years back I believe, is eBay the only option? I am ok paying inflated prices for awesomeness, but I am leery of fakes (knockoffs of knockoffs!!!???)

Also do you any if you guys own any of these? Thoughts? Are they as cool as they look to be on Youtube?

:mr_t:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
ad7d73071c64ecdc501be719d1287897.jpg
59f1aa531e73eab67bf4133223cff3dc.jpg

b51695d953f7d710034b98f9f5d59d6a.jpg
7f6fff2b81b22137385205f502d8ec89.jpg

Got tired of Ultra4Germ to properly photo and watermark my shit, so I did it myself.

This was an out of the blue gift from a dear, old friend.

I made an half joke/half serious comment on a wonder-con thread on Facebook, about how I wish I could be there to cop one of the Rick Hunter repaints toynami would have at they booth.

Holy butterfly effect, man.

One comment on FB lead to this being in my mailbox, gratis.

I’m gonna open and play the shit outta this jawn.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
ad7d73071c64ecdc501be719d1287897.jpg
59f1aa531e73eab67bf4133223cff3dc.jpg

b51695d953f7d710034b98f9f5d59d6a.jpg
7f6fff2b81b22137385205f502d8ec89.jpg

Got tired of Ultra4Germ to properly photo and watermark my shit, so I did it myself.

This was an out of the blue gift from a dear, old friend.

I made an half joke/half serious comment on a wonder-con thread on Facebook, about how I wish I could be there to cop one of the Rick Hunter repaints toynami would have at they booth.

Holy butterfly effect, man.

One comment on FB lead to this being in my mailbox, gratis.

I’m gonna open and play the shit outta this jawn.

Looks awesome, are those diecast?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I thrift shop a lot, usually looking for board games, sometimes Paw Patrol stuff for the kids, but not usually buying any toys. I did find a MMPR Legacy Collection Green Ranger that I sold for over $100. Not to mention that most thrift stores usually know what Lego is 'worth' so lots of it is priced accordingly.

I did however find two Lego Architect sets on Monday, one isn't so special Big Ben for $6, but the other is Fallingwater which sells easily for over $100. Sitting on the shelf for $10.

They both were only slightly taken apart to fit back in the box, so I set them up, then I broke them both down completely so I can rebuild them, I'm missing 4 not very important pieces from Fallingwater and nothing from Big Ben. Considering keeping Fallingwater, would be the first 'toy' I've put on any shelf of mine in nearly a decade.

Crappy phone pic ahoy!

pic4678140.jpg

Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
@lithy: That's a really nice find. I didn't even know LEGO ever made a set of that.

Yep, most thrift stores know how to price LEGOs and usually get what they ask too (the closest one to me periodically tosses a gallon Ziploc bag of random pieces out on the shelf marked $20-40 and that's always gone the next day).

@ChuChuFlamingo: Cammy in Bison's modified outfit is fine as shit!

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Pic of my movie statue collection. I dont see myself buying anymore for now, unless a Clint Eastwood one comes out or someone else i really like.
htstatue.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
Very nice and professional display, HDR! I didn't realize that Rambo statue was that large either.

You done fucked up though, because now we all know that you're really Clark Kent/Superman. Squeeze a bag of coal into diamonds for us?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Is Superman's cape hanging from a gun? That's like putting a yarmulke on your statue of Belloq from Raiders of the Lost Ark.