Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here collect toys/Action Firgures?

OldSkool4Life

icon17.gif Anyone here collect toys/Action Firgures?

Like the title states, do any members collect? I am referring to items from Neca, Sideshow Collectables and other known vendors.

I am just now compiling a list of items I wish to collect with a main focus on Alien and comic book heroes.

Gamefan

No Longer Yung
    No Longer Raoul
    Santa Clara, San Jose & San Francisco, California

I do off and on, for comic related figures it's for me either been DC Select or which ever company Marvel uses at the moment

My Gameplay videos
    Yakuza: A Way Of Life( A Guerrilla Spetsnaz Studios game )
    JPN name = Yukinaga Kunomasu
    Quote Originally Posted by SPINMASTER X View Post
    I love STK. I'm going to be just like him when I grow up.

WA6TJE

I wouldn't say I collect them per se, but I do have a bunch of various things. Bunch of Transformers, more than a few GI Joes, some Marvel and DC stuff. A few Japanese things.

Remembers The North

I'll buy something if it's related to something I really like. I bought the Dante DMC 4 Play Arts figure, a Ninja Gaiden Ryu Hayabusa figure or two, an Ezio figure, stuff like that. But even if they're part of a line, I stop with the figures I like. Some people are complete collectors, and I get that. I just don't do it with toys/toy lines.

"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."
    ~Jerry Holkins

"You can have the power to destroy, but it doesn't give you the power to reform, or improve, or build."
    ~George R.R. Martin

Twitch: Redfield70
    ustream: Redfield70
    Twitter: Tom Tolios
    Facebook: Tom Tolios
    Instagram: tom_tolios

Why So Serious

I collect vintage star wars, I did have the side show collectables darth maul 1:1 bust but sold that.

Anything Voltron related.

My trader feedback: Click here!

Dodgeball Yakuza

I bought compulsively for a couple of years, now I'm having a hard time trying to sell of few of the items to avoid room-space issues... I got kinda saturated during my trip to Japan, though. I decided to buy ONLY specific, way too good figures and leave it at that.

The rest of the money will be going to games
    Great people to make deals with: gargoyle7, IDCHAPPY, Xian-Xi, alberto1225, hjm123, bokmeow, Wachenroder, subbie , NeoTurfMasta, Hide, T.A.P. , Kidpanda

Quote Originally Posted by cdamm View Post
    apparently- and i can only guess here, but this seller thinks a gameboy color worth 129 euros!

Die Gans

I have a rather massive lego collection that is mostly stored away in boxes in my parents' attic. I stopped buying new - and old - sets when i really ran out of space. Nowadays i only hoard parts that are either valueable or usefull for some projects that i have been working on for years.

Mostly interested in the train sets.
    Originally Posted by kernow:
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Clow Warlord of Neo-Geo...for one glorious day!
    The CLOW Empire as the Warlord of CLOW!!!

Obviously you haven't seen my pic in the other thread

If it has anything to do with Cardcaptor Sakura, I have lots of it

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
    "I decided I AM going to collect all the cards!!!
    If I don't capture them all, they'll just keep doing bad things!"

Certified Gamer Chick

I just got back into collecting, actually. I mostly did action figures for a while, but now I've been on a PVC figure kick.

If you're interested, I have a link to my collection in my sig. But here's another link in case you have sigs turned off. I doesn't list any of my domestic figures, sadly.
    My Nerdy Figure Collection.
    My Photography 'n Art Stash.

Kickass People I've Dealt with: ckchan, c.t.h, insaneben, ookitarepanda, Nesagwa, bokmeow, Lets Gekiga In, Baseley09, Crujones4life, TemJin3000, bleedingrose, dojosky, TokyoSama, AppleiDog, Lovergoat, HentaiSama

Some Sort of Brain Damaged Buddha terry.330's Avatar

I don't really collect anymore but I've a bunch of stuff. Mainly game and anime related.

Transformers binaltec and masterpiece
    Bandai Soul of Chogokin stuff
    Tons of misc. gashapon and trading figures
    Lupin III stuff, lost of it
    Misc. diecast mechs
    Some Lego Star Wars sets

Wayyyy too much stuff, I need to sell a huge chunk of it actually.
    Spoiler:

instagrams: sapienart

Average Joe: Do you think the internet has ruined me?

Me: No, I think it's ruined all of us.

Ive got a bunch of Spawn figures still in boxes, sitting IN BOXES, in the closet... :/

I did for quite some time, and started making my own for the sake of having full rosters, mostly from Capcom franchises. I've got a bunch of the Hot Toys ones like Iron Man, the RE5 cast, and Ezio, but I mostly have Neca and High Dream/Reigning Looney (CvSNK2) stuff NIB, especially from when I used to buy 2 of every figure. I've got a lot of one limited run stuff related to gaming, but I've since given it up and all of my collecting hobbies (other than game collecting) since getting bit by the arcade bug.

Not scorporock

I collect 80's toys. I also have some toys from the 70's like Star Wars and Shogun Warriors. I started collecting in the early 90's.

A Bastard, Andy Is

I've never done any completionist collecting, but I've been known to collect various comic/game/manga-related figures. In my younger years, I used to compulsively collect Star Wars figures and Action Fleet ships, as well as Transformers (pretty much from G2 onward until Classics/Animated).

I actually can't remember the last time I bought a figure, but I'll probably splurge on something at ACEN this year.

Alfred Garcia's Butler

I stopped pretty much because I ran out of room and also because of a house fire I had back in 99. I've got boxed figures downstairs in my basement that are pretty much worthless to collectors since it wasn't in a smoke free house. I used to get Lee's Action Figure and Toy Review price guide when I was a Jr.High/High School and I used that like the bible. I got most of Power Ranger Zords when the first few seasons of the show were really hyped. I also had a ton of TMNT and Real Ghostbusters toys while my brother was hardcore with Transformers and Star Wars toys. I'll only buy something I really like and I can have it out as a display piece on my shelf.

Wish I had room to display those. No sense in buying if the figures are not even going to be taken out of their boxes.

Yamazaki's Wingman

i used to for Dragon Ball Z/GT action figures in the late 90s, my town china town area had a big shipment, and they were super cheap, like 2 bucks each...

after a while and found out that my cousin kept taking them, i decided to give him all of them since he actually played with them....

If i haven't given you feedback on market, PM me. I tend to forget. Please...

Looking for the following mooks:
    kof 94-01, 03, XI, XIII
    Awesome Sellers:
    bokmeow, RingoC, Pocketgamer, RocketLawnChair, hines1515, Adam Gallant, NTSC-J, JHendrix, subcons, kitkit
    Awesome Buyers:
    Romanmcm

Guerilla Warrior

I collect the Transformer Masterpiece line.
    "NG.com breaking balls & crushing dreams since '99".

赤裸裸的汽車人

I collect everything Transformers. I used to be a completionist at one time and got pretty close on a couple of things but I took some time off and now I have no chance in catching up.
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

One Nut

TO the O.P.: when you mention Sideshow are you primarily refering to the entry level side (In house 1:6th), midline (distributed 1:6th like Hot Toys & mezco, Sideshow premium format & LSB's, etc) or high end (lifesize/1:1 scale pieces, LSF figures, fine art pieces, etc).

I have collected product from companies such as Master Replicas, Sideshow & others.
    Sideshow has become a mess of sorts though. Their size, ego, greed, Lack of thorough quality control and the whole China factor have resulted in allot of sub par to piss poor product over the last few years. The only thing worse has been the customer service that has followed, which has been even worse.
    Last edited by Orpheus; 03-29-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Be water, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by terry.330 View Post
    I don't really collect anymore but I've a bunch of stuff. Mainly game and anime related.

Transformers binaltec and masterpiece
    Bandai Soul of Chogokin stuff
    Tons of misc. gashapon and trading figures
    Lupin III stuff, lost of it
    Misc. diecast mechs
    Some Lego Star Wars sets

Wayyyy too much stuff, I need to sell a huge chunk of it actually.
    i still want to get some kind of statue despite putting up a couple of things you gave me

was still kind of leaning towards Bayonetta

but i saw some sick-ass Baki ones from a company called Spiderweb

or maybe Zoro from One Piece (i'm huge fag for One Piece)

There Can be Only One SetaSouji??'s Avatar

I'm pretty sure Bandai has all of my money and then some. Does that count?
    When I figure out how I got here I'll let you know

Dodgeball Yakuza

Quote Originally Posted by Domino-chan View Post
    I just got back into collecting, actually. I mostly did action figures for a while, but now I've been on a PVC figure kick.

If you're interested, I have a link to my collection in my sig. But here's another link in case you have sigs turned off. I doesn't list any of my domestic figures, sadly.
    I want that capcom illustrations book so badly... along with that Jedah, Talbain and Houmaru figures, of course
    Great people to make deals with: gargoyle7, IDCHAPPY, Xian-Xi, alberto1225, hjm123, bokmeow, Wachenroder, subbie , NeoTurfMasta, Hide, T.A.P. , Kidpanda

Quote Originally Posted by cdamm View Post
    apparently- and i can only guess here, but this seller thinks a gameboy color worth 129 euros!

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener

I kinda do. It's a mix of old stuff from when I was little, to random new things that look cool. I don't keep them in their boxes though, that's just silly.

Transformers, Mega Man figures, Centurions, Z-Bots, Monster in My Pocket, old Mario PVCs, Tron figures, Microman figures, Dragon Quest VIII Play Arts figs, a couple Figmas...

I wish I had some kind of cool display for them all.

I haven't bought a figure in a long time, but I did pre-order this recently:

Thread Information