AES conversions from Tokyo Toy Factory, Neo Ayato.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
I know this is a personal choice between living with a doubt or taking the risk to "damage" your game. Still, with some practice, it takes less than fifteen seconds to open a cart without leaving any marks. ;)

Sorry for my double posting, but I can't edit.

It still isn't necessary though IMO. Just get a magnifying glass. You can tell if the insert/sticker/manual were offset print from original art assets or reproductions. It'd take a lot of money, dedication and talent to do a conversion with offset prints and fully recreated (or stolen) art. You can always tell if something is an original printing or created from a scan.

Chapp

n00b
Chapp,

How do you open carts so easily? I've tried numerous times but can't get the plastic to budge. How do I begin?

The short answer is: training. :p

I will try to be more specific though.

There are several methods I know of, but I only know one, which is safe enough. This method has two variants. I will only talk about these.

Both require the use of your hands. Avoid screwdrivers or metallic objects.

The first variant requires a soft surface, like a sofa for example.

If you take a close look at the tutorial Joneo posted, you will have a good idea about how the carts are made.

First, put the cart face up, the label away from you.

Then, if you are right-handed, I would suggest you start with the front right side. Place your thumbs to the very right of the cart, but on the front side. The other fingers grasp the cart tightly.

With your right thumb, press gently, but firmly, in order to release the "lock", while, with your left hand, you slowly "slide" the upper part towards you. This should open the first lock. You have to use both thumbs in order to avoid any damage to the lock.

Once you have done this, you can either try to release the lock which is just "up" from the first one, by doing the same with your thumbs, or take a plastic card and use it to release this lock. Once both locks are released on this side, take care of the opposite side by repeating the above method.

Then, take the plastic card, if necessary, and release the last locks on both sides. Be careful not to tear the label down.

This should do the trick.

Some tips:

I never open the cart "completely" in order to avoid to "mark" the label.

Some carts are easier to open than others, if you do this carefully, there should not be anything difficult about opening the cart.

Some people use a sheet of paper to open the carts, but I never managed to do so.

The second variant of this method is to do the opening without using anything but your hands and keeping the cart "in the air". This requires some strength but works wonderfully fast, once you feel the trick.

Hope this helps.

My advice still stands: train on cheaper or in bad condition games first. ;)

Chapp

n00b
Chapp,

How do you open carts so easily? I've tried numerous times but can't get the plastic to budge. How do I begin?

It still isn't necessary though IMO. Just get a magnifying glass. You can tell if the insert/sticker/manual were offset print from original art assets or reproductions. It'd take a lot of money, dedication and talent to do a conversion with offset prints and fully recreated (or stolen) art. You can always tell if something is an original printing or created from a scan.

Trust me on this one: even "apparently" original "paper" doesn't help in some cases.

As I said, there are offset quality inserts/stickers/manuals out there. ;)

We had the case of a Metal Slug 1 AES Jp with, "apparently" original paper, but with all the eproms manually soldered. Is that legit?

Sorry again for my double posting.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'm suprised nobody has heard anything else about ttf today. I'm getting a full refund on B.S. I'm not dealing with it. >Marty<

Last edited:

Adol

The French Connection, ,
The bids are cool and we win more money (didn't really understand this part even in french...so i assume it's something like that)

For your information, 3 man means 30000 yen. ichi man/1 man means 10.000.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
100,000% original! Why settle for anything less? :lolz:

[Edit] - Sorry, noticed prices changing. It's probably not a good deal anymore. ;)

Notice it says Original by TTT.... it's an "out" if ebay pokes around.

It's an original cart from them, not necessarily SNK.

BTW, those carts are SO super fake. I won't say why, but there is a common mistake on the MS.

If you saw it in person, you'd be able to tell in a second that it's fake.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Notice it says Original by TTT.... it's an "out" if ebay pokes around.
It's an original cart from them, not necessarily SNK.
BTW, those carts are SO super fake. I won't say why, but there is a common mistake on the MS.
If you saw it in person, you'd be able to tell in a second that it's fake.
Seems a bit ironic with all the effort they put into calling out Neo Ayato & TTF in the listing. :spock:

P.S.-
I may just be slow because of the language gap, but I'm starting to think that listing was intended as a PSA.
The entire description is an anti-TTF/Neo Ayato rant, plus the 100,000% hyperbole, etc..

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Seems a bit ironic with all the effort they put into calling out Neo Ayato & TTF in the listing. :spock:

P.S.-
I may just be slow because of the language gap, but I'm starting to think that listing was intended as a PSA.
The entire description is an anti-TTF/Neo Ayato rant, plus the 100,000% hyperbole, etc..

You're right, those "auctions" are nothing more than some warning messages for buyers into rare AES carts. There is nothing to sell here. I wish I knew this guy. An english message would have way more impact. I won't be surprised if someone bid on one of his "auctions" thinking that he'll get a TTS or something. I can translate what he says in the listing if anyone cares.

Mokum

Real Time User Mokum,
I remember when I stepped back into the AES scene 10 years ago. I was dealing with serious sellers, 99% coming from these very boards. Everything was so smooth and clear and people wasn't afraid of conversions.

What a poor hobby this has become.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
You're right, those "auctions" are nothing more than some warning messages for buyers into rare AES carts. There is nothing to sell here. I wish I knew this guy. An english message would have way more impact. I won't be surprised if someone bid on one of his "auctions" thinking that he'll get a TTS or something. I can translate what he says in the listing if anyone cares.
I wonder if he'd be willing to post your English translation along with the French.
Either way, merci beaucoup to you both on behalf of us English-bound monoglots. :)

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
Trust me on this one: even "apparently" original "paper" doesn't help in some cases.

As I said, there are offset quality inserts/stickers/manuals out there. ;)

I don't doubt the tech has come along enough to where they can make low runs of offset quality printings. But their only source of artwork is other print runs. The original art assets are locked up somewhere inside SNKP. They'd have to scan the artwork and very meticulously recreate it in Photoshop/Illustrator. Totally possible, but man it'd be a lot of work. I guess it's worth it to some, sadly. Even still, I'd be willing to bet you could still determine the game was fake if you had a known original to directly compare it to.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
UPDATE

It looks like the real owner of Neo Ayato aka Philippe knew something about Laurent Kiel and Christophe Ratel association as well as some details of their shady deals but he didn't really do shit because of the shitstorm that he would have been in. He've just asked Laurent Klein to stop it while he still can and that he'll talk to him later on the matter when he'll get back in France.

We learn from this email that Laurent was pulling some serious shit behind his back. A detail that made me smile is that Philippe was kinda mad that he didn't get his part of the money :lolz: He's asking Laurent to provide all the tickets and bills.

There is some other interesting stuff in there like how he was shitting his pants when he realised that his employee directly ripped off japanese people with counterfeits. As the owner of the company, Philippe is the one who's reponsible if Laurent Klein get caught by the japanese authority :lolz:

Btw, Philippe, I know you're reading this, why you didn't go there to take back all the fakes from the shelves to save your company ? Now you know what's going to happen to your expensive AES stock, it's going to sit there for a long time. No to mention the gajin hate but eh this is another story, you're not there. You guys really ruined it all. Don't shit where you eat they say... well, just too bad for you.

Neo Ayato owner a.k.a. Philippe said:
Salut Laurent,

Je voulais t'appeler vers 5h du mat mais t'avais pas pris ton tel et je suis tomber sur le répondeur...

JE voulais te parler en fait car hier soir je voulais creer mon compte paypal afin de payer mes prochaines auctions et ensuite faire une facture us en totalite ou autre et j'ai vu que le dernier connecté c'était toi... et tu sais comme je suis curieux...
Je suis donc rentré sur ton compte paypal et j'ai vu.... pas mal de transactions et des envois sur ton compte bancaire...

Je crois que tu ne m'écoutes pas quand je te dis que j'aimerais être au jus de tes transactions, vente sur yahoo et tout le toutim...car sans explications j'en tire des conclusions...

J'ai pas envie cette fois d'entendre tes reponses, j'ai mal au crane qd je vois pleins de matos qui partent à gauche et à droite sachant que le gérant est le responsable en cas de controle ou de probleme DU STOCK ET DES PAPIERS ADMINISTRATIVES...
et j'ai pas envie de finir en prison car tu fais pas de factures qd tu vends aux jap ou que tu deal avec christophe...

Oui j'ai mal au crane mec et j'ai plus la force de supporter tout cela et il faut que nous trouvions une solution car soit ca s'arrete soit on arrete notre collaboration ce qui me ferait chier mais si c'est pour avoir l'esprit tranquille je prend tout.

Ce n'est pas la premiere fois que tu vends des trucs au japonais mais au final tes factures des voyages japon que tu fais n'ont pour total que le prix de ce qu'on a changé au change et mm pas les prix des jeux vendu je pense a ultimate eleven neo geo pour ne citer que celui la, ne crois pas que j'oublie je laisse pisser c tout mais qd ca s'accumule ... c pas clair et qd c'est pas clair on se fait des films...

Donc pour en revenir au voyage on va revenir comme à notre préhistoire alors je veux tout les tickets de caisse (m'en fout des ruchuchio) tous les tickets de frais ou tout ce qui a rapport avec la thune depensé donc ya aussi les bons d'envoi de la poste qui fait office de facture.

Il me faut donc des factures ou tickets de 3810000 yens + les yens du derniers voyages + ce qui a ete vendu en matos a yahoo pour du yens, le comptable fera le total de tous les tickets.

Voila ou on en revient pour quelques euros et envois de colis bizarre, on en parlera a ton retour car ce que je viens de te citer plus haut n'est qu'une infime partie de ce que j'ai a dire.

Bye
Toui
PS : je pense que j'aurais aussi tres mal a la tete avec steph donc je medite encore pour sa new boite .

Last edited:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
The above is (unfortunately) true.

I was touching on this in Mikes AF3 thread but did not elaborate as I didn't want a straight up derailment. I actually did not think that it was truly new news so i wish that I would have spoken up earlier.

It appears that Laurent & the individual that goes by the name "Neo Satellite" here on the forums are running a partnership to produce high end, professionally produced fakes to sell off as the real deal. As a matter of fact Neo Satellite was the one confirmed to have been behind the whole fiasco with the knockoff english KOF 2000's (say what you will about the game itself and it's background, it's still a scam for many thousands).

From what I have heard there have been some cases filed totaling thousands and both of their accounts have been locked due to allegations of fraud, forgery & theft, which I believe have been proven.

Fair warning: english titles like Double Dragon & Slug 2 & KOF 2000 are proven titles of choice for this new found duo so any title selling without concrete history (aka provenance) is suspect.

Many other titles are up in the air as well so watch out.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member

I was touching on this in Mikes AF3 thread but did not elaborate as I didn't want a straight up derailment. I actually did not think that it was truly new news so i wish that I would have spoken up earlier.

It appears that Laurent & the individual that goes by the name "Neo Satellite" here on the forums are running a partnership to produce high end, professionally produced fakes to sell off as the real deal. As a matter of fact Neo Satellite was the one confirmed to have been behind the whole fiasco with the knockoff english KOF 2000's (say what you will about the game itself and it's background, it's still a scam for many thousands).

From what I have heard there have been some cases filed totaling thousands and both of their accounts have been locked due to allegations of fraud, forgery & theft, which I believe have been proven.

Fair warning: english titles like Double Dragon & Slug 2 & KOF 2000 are proven titles of choice for this new found duo so any title selling without concrete history (aka provenance) is suspect.

No wonder I have seen more Double Dragons this past year than ever for sale.

JS

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
It looks like the real owner of Neo Ayato aka Philippe knew something about Laurent Kiel and Christophe Ratel association as well as some details of their shady deals but he didn't really do shit because of the shitstorm that he would have been in. He've just asked Laurent Klein to stop it while he still can and that he'll talk to him later on the matter when he'll get back in France.

We learn from this email that Laurent was pulling some serious shit behind his back. A detail that made me smile is that Philippe was kinda mad that he didn't get his part of the money :lolz: He's asking Laurent to provide all the tickets and bills.

There is some other interesting stuff in there like how he was shitting his pants when he realised that his employee directly ripped off japanese people with counterfeits. As the owner of the company, Philippe is the one who's reponsible if Laurent Klein get caught by the japanese authority :lolz:

Btw, Philippe, I know you're reading this, why you didn't go there to take back all the fakes from the shelves to save your company ? Now you know what's going to happen to your expensive AES stock, it's going to sit there for a long time. No to mention the gajin hate but eh this is another story, you're not there. You guys really ruined it all. Don't shit where you eat they say... well, just too bad for you.
If Philippe had spoken at the right time, quite probably all this mess could have been avoided

He knew but choosed to keep his mouth shut and ask for his money instead: to me is partner in crime.

Is there a lawyer (Bobak?) here who could estimate if there are the terms for a legal action against these counterfeiters?!?

I really would like to see Laurent pay for what he did against the Neo-Geo and all of us :very_ang:

Last edited:

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member

This is very true, and I have helped customers of ours recover money from paypal that bought fake KOF 2000 US. Below is a copy of my report sent to paypal for one of the disputes. The fact is really, purchasing any AES cart worth more than $300 at this time should be carefully considered, and the bootleg factor for games worth over $1000 is over 75% at this time.

kofdoc1.jpg

kofdoc2.jpg

You can get the url out of the doc for the full size pictures.

I will say this again, and take it for what you will, but we always identified our games with our NGF backbox, never trying to mislead consumers as to what they were getting. Yes, people have bootlegged our original products, but we have overcome that with the certificates and global registry, something nobody else can or would do.

grimeka

NEST Puppet
Thanks for your doc chrisr, unfortunately the converts always improve

Bababaloo

n00b
Really a Scandal !
Thank you guiys to bring this story UP !

PS/ The only thing I don't get is WHY does it took so long for someone to bring it back up.
Some emails are "really" old ones....
It could've been a good thing to be warn earlier for some buyers.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
This is very true, and I have helped customers of ours recover money from paypal that bought fake KOF 2000 US. Below is a copy of my report sent to paypal for one of the disputes. The fact is really, purchasing any AES cart worth more than $300 at this time should be carefully considered, and the bootleg factor for games worth over $1000 is over 75% at this time.

kofdoc1.jpg

kofdoc2.jpg

You can get the url out of the doc for the full size pictures.

I will say this again, and take it for what you will, but we always identified our games with our NGF backbox, never trying to mislead consumers as to what they were getting. Yes, people have bootlegged our original products, but we have overcome that with the certificates and global registry, something nobody else can or would do.

Get the fuck out of this thread with your garbage. Nobody cares about you or your fake ass excuse of a company.

I.E. Bootlegging protection from people who bootlegged carts and lied to people for years saying their bootlegged shit was legit is a level of irony I can't even imagine.

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
shouldn't it be:

NGF-USA

Former Authorized (but only for KOF 2K, and even that is questionable) NeoGeo Distributor