Serial numbers.

Ibows

n00b
Hello. I'm a new member !
Now that that's over can someone tell me what it means when other forum members say they have mvs games with matching or unmathing serial numbers?

I understand this is the noob question area of the forum so I posted it here. Thanks!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
when the serial number on an mvs cart matches the serial number for its respective kit box.

so you know the pair have been together from the beginning.

if you collect kits, it is more desirable.

a lot of carts have had their serials cut or scratched off (because it was illegal for operators to sell/trade games- the cart couldnt be tracked back to them). The carts were a commercial thing back then and not necessarily a collectable- kit boxes were thrown away, trashed, leaked on, etc... if there is a good condition combination of cart and kit box, that is the most desirable way to have it. some people even prefer the lower serial numbers so show that it was one of the earlier copies.

me? i just do loose mvs. its easier that way.

welcome to the fold, man. have fun.

Edit- i took this pic from another sale thread- see the serials? and how they match? that.

KQgtK.jpg

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
And if you have a pulstar with matching serial numbers you have to sell it to me..... You have no choice

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
And if you have a pulstar with matching serial numbers you have to sell it to me..... You have no choice

oh yeah- since you are new here- watch out for that guy.

13652827.jpg

13652540.jpg

Ibows

n00b
Thanks for the quick reply. Now I know.... A wise man once said that's half of the battle.

Thjodbjorn

n00b
a lot of carts have had their serials cut or scratched off (because it was illegal for operators to sell/trade games- the cart couldnt be tracked back to them).

That had been puzzling me since I started looking to buy MVS carts. Makes sense, thanks!