4-slot CMVSer

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Hey, there. I briefly introduced myself in that one topic, but now that I can create topics, here's something a bit more substantial.

I've been a Neo Geo fan since early 2001. I discovered SNK games through *gasp* emulation. I never had any arcades around me that had anything other than Bust-A-Move, so I missed out on the whole 90s Neo Geo thing. However, I liked what I saw when playing Neo Geo games on emulators.

I liked it so much that I picked up a bunch of major console ports. I loved the Dreamcast ports, loved the Fatal Fury Battle Archives, didn't like the Metal Slug Anthology, couldn't stand the glitches in the US KOF Orochi Saga compilation, and fell in love with the Super Nintendo Fatal Fury Special.

I also got the "Pocket Color Arcade" back when the NGPC got rebranded, and I loved that little handheld a lot.

Lately, I've been disenfranchised with modern console gaming. I still like playing games on my PC, but my PS3, Wii, and 360 don't get a lot of game time. Even with KOF13, my 360 still doesn't see much play. I've had a lot of fun with my PC Engine since I got it last year, and with that, I discovered that I'm leaning more towards retro gaming these days.

So, I decided to hop on the CMVS bandwagon last month. It has been a blast! I got a good deal on a 4-slot CMVS, and I've found it to be an amazing investment in entertainment. I'm having so much fun!!! My only problem is that I simply can't find a good place to put it :lolz:

I have a handful of MVS cartridges so far. KOF94, KOF96, Garou: MOTW, Fatal Fury 3, Real Bout 2, and Bust-A-Move.

BAM is the closest thing to true 90s nostalgia I have with the Neo Geo. I used to play it at the bowling alley back in the day. I remember it had the big Neo Geo marquee with the little mini-marquee for the game, but I never paid much attention to the Neo Geo aspect of it. I liked the Bub and Bob characters because I was playing a lot of Bubble Bobble on my NES at the time. After that, I got the sequels on the N64 and largely forgot about the arcade hardware. I also wished I got the SNES port of the first game, even back then, but I don't need to worry about that anymore ;)

I actually don't want a lot more Neo Geo games. I've already got a good chunk of what I want. I originally came here because I was having a problem with Fatal Fury 3 in arcade mode with the Unibios, but I found that the same glitch happens in emulation, so I've got some more researching to do. The Unibios gives me an exception error right after beating the hidden final boss. In any case, the glitch does not occur when the game is run in home console mode, so it's no biggie. None of my other games have any similar issues either.

Well, that's my story. I'm glad to be a Neo Geo owner!