Wizard Tilting Lible: The Last Odyssey for Last Odysseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Well, with the rise of Freaked Roms, I think I've finally seen everything the Neo scene has to offer.

Yup. First, it was the freaking of freaked shit (the supposed impetus of the n g f 'authentication' program), now this.

What a show this has been.

I'll be sure to tip my waitress on Tuesday!

8^/

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
In any halfway decent society chrisr would be lowered into boiling oil.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I swear it's like Chris is two people on the forums. Sometimes he's reasonable and talks stuff out, and then he flips to this arrogant sociopath.
it's fun trying to guess which one is posting.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I swear it's like Chris is two people on the forums. Sometimes he's reasonable and talks stuff out, and then he flips to this arrogant sociopath.
it's fun trying to guess which one is posting.

The only time he's "reasonable" is when he's trying to craft out a believable lie.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
All I can say is this - there is no such thing as any "lost" KOF 2000 English, there never was, never will be, and I am 1000% positive on this.

There were 100 - period.

As far as I'm concerned there aren't any, thanks to a couple of dick bags...

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Blame the mame team. here is the email I got from a few WEEKS ago when I tried to send them the rom. I was being honest in saying I was planning on inserting some markers in the null space of the rom to make sure it would not be credited to someone else. Nothing that would show up in the actual game. Their loss.

Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:10 PM
To: cray@♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Subject: The Last Odyssey

Hello,

BrianT of the Dumping Union here...

We have had an email forwarded to us regarding the NeoGeo proto Last Odyssey.

We, the Dumping Union and MAMEdev would be interested in 100% original non modified dump of the cart. If you can supply a clean 100% original dump of the cart please do so.

Neither group is interested in a hacked version that would contain “NGF” inserted anywhere as mentioned in the email. If this is your wish just release the rom set to the public and it will be included in other emulators. The dump might eventually end up in MAME but it’d be listed as a hack and not a true proto. Both groups are interested in preserving the actual arcade game as it was produced or sold. The Dumping Union and MAMEdev is not interested in drama from a release where a small group can say “We have the real data and you have our hacked up roms.” There was some controversy about the KOF99 proto when it was dumped and release with hacked credit initials. Now no one is 100% sure that that set is unmodified. This is not something we want to relive.

I can tell you though, that MAMEdev does indeed credit the dumper. If you were to supply a non modified rom set to MAMEdev (through me or otherwise) we would credit any name you wish. This is the standard practice. We have had thousands of games released and added all unmodified and each credited to the dumper.

So I would respectfully request you send a “clean” dump of the proto, if you so desire, so it can be preserved for the future and enjoyed by everyone.

Thank you for your time,

Brian

That is truly incredible. I'm once again surprised to what extent someone can be a compete dick and yet have zero awareness of it. Truly you are the Royden Ziegler of Neo Geo.

Lets just say you had this ROM (which you don't, and never did, and probably never will, and neither will anyone else) it would be an amazing act of utter douchebaggery of you to insist on pissing NGF's name into its perfectly white snow as a condition of release. What's incredible is that you are so deranged you don't even see what as asshole that makes you.

You just explained what a dick you are to everyone (in a fictional universe anyway, one where you have this ROM, which you don't) and you don't even realize it. And when you read this you'll just think to yourself, "Once again the masses are jealous of how awesome we at NGF are, and they are also probably fat."

Incredible.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
That is truly incredible. I'm once again surprised to what extent someone can be a compete dick and yet have zero awareness of it. Truly you are the Royden Ziegler of Neo Geo.

Lets just say you had this ROM (which you don't, and never did, and probably never will, and neither will anyone else) it would be an amazing act of utter douchebaggery of you to insist on pissing NGF's name into its perfectly white snow as a condition of release. What's incredible is that you are so deranged you don't even see what as asshole that makes you.

You just explained what a dick you are to everyone (in a fictional universe anyway, one where you have this ROM, which you don't) and you don't even realize it. And when you read this you'll just think to yourself, "Once again the masses are jealous of how awesome we at NGF are, and they are also probably fat."

Incredible.

the truth!

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Blame the mame team. here is the email I got from a few WEEKS ago when I tried to send them the rom. I was being honest in saying I was planning on inserting some markers in the null space of the rom to make sure it would not be credited to someone else. Nothing that would show up in the actual game. Their loss.

Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:10 PM
To: cray@♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Subject: The Last Odyssey

Hello,

BrianT of the Dumping Union here...

We have had an email forwarded to us regarding the NeoGeo proto Last Odyssey.

We, the Dumping Union and MAMEdev would be interested in 100% original non modified dump of the cart. If you can supply a clean 100% original dump of the cart please do so.

Neither group is interested in a hacked version that would contain “NGF” inserted anywhere as mentioned in the email. If this is your wish just release the rom set to the public and it will be included in other emulators. The dump might eventually end up in MAME but it’d be listed as a hack and not a true proto. Both groups are interested in preserving the actual arcade game as it was produced or sold. The Dumping Union and MAMEdev is not interested in drama from a release where a small group can say “We have the real data and you have our hacked up roms.” There was some controversy about the KOF99 proto when it was dumped and release with hacked credit initials. Now no one is 100% sure that that set is unmodified. This is not something we want to relive.

I can tell you though, that MAMEdev does indeed credit the dumper. If you were to supply a non modified rom set to MAMEdev (through me or otherwise) we would credit any name you wish. This is the standard practice. We have had thousands of games released and added all unmodified and each credited to the dumper.

So I would respectfully request you send a “clean” dump of the proto, if you so desire, so it can be preserved for the future and enjoyed by everyone.

Thank you for your time,

Brian

Blame the mame team.

Blame the mame team.

Blame the mame team.

Blame the mame team.

Wow. Wow wow wow wow wow wow. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
photo-43.jpg

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Man, the more Tuesday nears, the more nervous I'm getting. You guys really have no clue what's in store.

And no, SNK isn't doing another Homecart run. That's not historic, it's milking.

I'm just so freaking thankful that I discovered this...

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
This better not be one of those "I discovered this one little secret to make your dick 4 inches longer" pranks.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
What's special about Tuesday? Why not today or tomorrow or Monday? Is there any significance?

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Neither group is interested in a hacked version that would contain “NGF” inserted anywhere as mentioned in the email.

This is fucking gold.

No one in even the ROM world wants shit to do with anything that has "NGF" involved, not even if it's a decade talked about prototype.

LOL

TonK

Least Valuable Player
What's special about Tuesday? Why not today or tomorrow or Monday? Is there any significance?

Yes, there is a reason it has to be Tuesday, I'll explain once the announcement is made.

Actually just finished up a draft of my post revealing this find.

I haven't slept in 3 days.

Very nervous.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Is it something to do with leap years? ;)

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
TonK is right. Big news coming. No more hints until Tuesday. Buckle up, everyone!

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I will just go and say back when KOF 2000 came out, I was collecting Japanese carts anyhow. Better/fuller art on them compared to the US ones. So this whole "no official kof2000" never bothered me. Hell, I had the entire series at one time, just to collect them all. Never effected me one bit, and never did I lose sleep over it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.