Metal DDR pads.

Ukee

Geese's Thug
So I am interested in getting some heavy duty mrtal DDR pads and was hoping that someone who has bought some in the past can derect me to a good dealer they trust.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
It's been a LONG time since I've played DDR. Last one I was into was Extreme. I'd say the best place to ask would be DDR Freak if the forums there feel like working. I would have loved real metal pads, but I just got a replacement Red Octane pad (Yeah, that long ago when they existed) and some particle board from Home Depot and some clear floor covering and stapled it down and that's been my pad since. Haven't used it in a while. I should really pick up Max 2 and Extreme. (I didn't care for most of the new music in SuperNOVA)

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
It's been a LONG time since I've played DDR. Last one I was into was Extreme. I'd say the best place to ask would be DDR Freak

DDR Freak closed down, their entire forums are locked shut (but you can still view them).

I would check Bemanistyle once it gets back up and running, servers are having issues :/

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
DDR Freak closed down, their entire forums are locked shut (but you can still view them).

I would check Bemanistyle once it gets back up and running, servers are having issues :/

Holy shit. How the mighty have fallen. Used their machine locator all the time to find games near me. I'd wear the shirt in honor...if it fit me. Hence the reason why I should have never stopped playing.

Ukee

Geese's Thug
I would have loved real metal pads, but I just got a replacement Red Octane pad (Yeah, that long ago when they existed) and some particle board from Home Depot and some clear floor covering and stapled it down and that's been my pad since.

The old school mod. That had been my pad set up for the past 10 years too, still works pretty well too. I've always wanted metal pads and now that I am out of my teens and have money I thought better late then never. I'll check out what some of the other forums say and look into it. Think I'll call in Orange Lounge Radio too since they started out as a DDR talk show maybe they can remember some good dealers.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I was friends with a lot of players on the east cost, one of the big guys "Nugget" from Connecticut. Really funny guy. He won a freestyle tournament in upstate NY and won a golden metal pad with "Freestyle Champion" on it. He didn't bother with the home versions since the arcade he played at was only 10 minutes from where he lived so he sold it to another guy I knew for 200 bucks. He could have gotten more for it, but he said it just took up room. Not sure which company made it, but knowing the time it might have been RO. (RIP)

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
About 75% of the ones you run across are crap from China. The TX series of pads is to be avoided. Usually they look chintzy anyway so if you have some sense you wouldn't buy it regardless.

I had a Cobalt Flux, worked fine but didn't feel at all like the arcade version, sold it when I moved to an upstairs apartment :/

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
DDR was so popular 10 years ago and it's so dead now, I'm kinda surprised I almost never see the cabs for sale locally, I always thought it would be neat if I could find a old busted one and wire up the platform for ps2 use or something and give it to my girlfriend for christmas or something, but even if I had the money I've never seen a old trashed DDR machine for sale.