Shipping. How long is too long?

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Shipping. How long is too long?

To make a long story short...

I bought an item at another forum. The same item I purchased happens to be posted here too, in the sales forum. The seller is in Europe.

I paid the guy promptly. That was on the 22nd of Feb.

The guy tells me he will ship it on the 27th, and will let me know tracking info. I already wonder why he can’t ship it sooner, but let it slide.

The 27th comes, no word. I e-mail the guy that night, he gives an excuse and tells me he will ship it the 28th. Again, he said he will keep me updated.

28th comes, no word. I PM the guy again. No response.

No response on the 29th. I decide not to PM.

Today I e-mail the guy before work. Still no response.

This is the worst transaction I’ve had in a long time. So, am I freaking out for nothing? Is a week really not that long?

Also, can I technically give negative feed back here at Neo-Geo.com, since he created a sales thread for the same, exact item here?

Last edited:

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Pushing back the shipping date multiple times and failing to keep you updated or give reasons for the continued delays makes it too long.
I wouldn't mind (too much) if someone took a full week to ship if they'd at least keep me updated. It's basic courtesy.

Well from my experience I would say that Europeans take a bit longer to ship, I think they are a bit more patient and slow paced with personel transactions, it seems normal for an overseas shipper to take 2 weeks to get the item out. Americans are accustomed to ultra fast shipping usually so that makes us impatient.

Dont get me wrong Ive dealt with a ton of awesome europeans that get that shit shipped next day or two. Also you should always ask when the other party intends to ship before a deal is struck, which you did.

Keep in mind thats its a personal transaction and not a business and shit happens in peoples lives that may keep them from shipping. Giving someone a date though and failing to return communication is a different story.

Personally I would give him at least a week from the day he said he would ship then ask for a refund.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The only European seller who has ever managed to get the goods to my door within a week was neoayato. Most of them take at least 2 to 3 weeks.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i always ship out within a couple of days (usually the day after) and it normally takes around 2-3 days to the US. i shipped a hyper 64 to wattaru330 on tuesday and he got it yesterday. so people have no excuse for 2-3 weeks.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Depends how you ship. Normal registered can take up to two weeks or even more, depending on where in the USA you're shipping, east coast is generally faster. EMS/FedEx etc. shouldn't take more than three to four days.

Of course this doesn't excuse the lack of communication on the sellers part.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
its the communication thats killing this deal. you paid over a week ago now. you would have every right to be pissed. especially since he gave you dates of shipping and then blew his own deadlines (repeatedly).

i'd say leave the neg feedback here and demand a refund. give us all a warning before someone has the same problem. but thats just me.

its sellers like that, that make it hard to get buyers to trust someone on a site like this (as opposed to ebay which is so buyer-centric its insane).

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
Update: The guy sent it out today, with apology.

To clarify, I wasn’t irked by the transit time from Europe. I was irked that he hadn’t even shipped it yet, after repeated delays. The lack of communication didn't help things.

Anyways, I've decided not to be a dick and go public with the sellers handle. If you're really that interested, and would rather avoid this guy, PM me and I'll tell you.

-Thanks for your input-

PS: Only thing that kinda bothers me is the shipping info says the parcel weighs only a few grams, wtf. No fucking way what I bought weighs that little. I'll be so goddamned pissed if I get the wrong shit.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If the shipping info doesn't match the parcel, your stuff is probably going in the "to be inspected" pile...and that's a big pile.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
When they enter it into the system pre-inspection they put it as a couple grams to keep it in the system. After inspection it gets updated.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
When they enter it into the system pre-inspection they put it as a couple grams to keep it in the system. After inspection it gets updated.

Ah, I see. Thanks dude.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
I bought a mobo+games combo off of these forums for $350 about a month ago (2/6). The guy sent the mobo out relatively quickly, but no games? I contacted the guy and he said he'd send them out soon. Finally told me he sent them last Saturday. If I was a less patient person it would probably have ended in a negative feedback.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
I bought a mobo+games combo off of these forums for $350 about a month ago (2/6). The guy sent the mobo out relatively quickly, but no games? I contacted the guy and he said he'd send them out soon. Finally told me he sent them last Saturday. If I was a less patient person it would probably have ended in a negative feedback.

So... I'm an impatient piece of shit?

Prolly.