HEY HEY.... We're the Monkees!!!

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I'll bet the monkees have other guys carry the coffin....

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza

Sad day. I always enjoyed their music and though they were in some circles thought of as a "parody" of the Beatles, they were genuinely very talented, made good music and had their own style. Their tv show was good for laughs to, when I was younger they used to show episodes on the "old" Nick at Night.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I remember seeing reruns of that series as a kid. Rip Davy Jones.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I feel like I was kind of bushwhacked by the thread title. Do-doo-doo-let's see what's in the Monkees threadBAM

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Damn..

I just met him a few months ago. Really nice guy. He was still touring and seemed to be enjoying himself. I didn't see this coming at all. :(

He was doing a question and answer session when a girl (probably around 5 or 6) asked him if he could sing Daydream Believer. Right then and there he sang the whole song. It was a nice moment. Even though I hadn't really listened to their music since I was little, I couldn't help but smile during that song. That's what the Monkees did: Make people smile. He'll be missed.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
i used to love the show they had when i was growing up :D, davy will be missed....

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
When 2 more members die.. are they going to change the name of the band to "Monkee"?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Sucks. We were just singing a Monkees song at work last week.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Makes me a sad panda i use to watch the monkees reruns as a kid.
R.I.P Davy Jones :(

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Funny enough, there was a Monkees joke on Modern Family last night. It was subtle, but it must have been filmed months ago and was just an odd coincidence.