Blast City 950.00
Net City $1100.00
New Net City $1250.00
Cyberlead $800.00
I have a few Astro City $650.00
And one Madonna cabinet $750.00
Lindberg $2800

Paraphrase from our conversations:

-The truck will make one stop, near me in the Philly burbs. This is the only way we'll get a shipping discount, as more stops = more $.
-Shipping cost should be under $200/cab for orders over 6 cabs.
-He said has a waiting list 20 people long for Egret 2's, so that's no going to be part of this group buy.
-He most likely cannot get Capcom Impress. He doesn't have any currently, and isn't expecting any.
-He has lots of Blast City's in good shape.
-He gets his stuff from Sega in Japan, so you're much more liely to end up with a Sega cab in this group buy.
-He can get the New Astro City cabinets but mostly they are getting pretty old and not in very good condition.
-Almost every cabinet over 10 years old is going to have some burn in. If you get New Net City cabinets the chance of burn in is very low.
-He should be able to take pix and tag machines for individual buyers as long as we have our shit together, so to speak. He has to pull cabs from the warehouse to do this, so we'd need to minimize the number of trips he'd make to do this.

I'll have info about payments and other outstanding issues after we decide actual models and quantities per buyer.

Updated want list:

Daskrabs (Blast City)
VanillaThunder (at least 1)
Mugicha (2 astro, or 2 new astro)
Kidpanda (2 NAC)
Chempop
Wataru330
Yzrider926 (impress only)
Ash Burton
BioHazard53
Wupwuh
DangerousK
Ibows

Also, he has Astro City and NAC... you mentioned that the NAC's are in rough shape.. does this also apply to the AC?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Not to be a dick; however, those prices are @ or close to his *individual* eBay prices.

Where the bulk discount at?

0_o

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I doubt there will be much of a bulk discount here if its all coming from his current stock. Unless this is big enough to clean him out of alot of stock to where he could fund another shipment from Japan.

I've been hearing the same rumbling about a E2 waiting list. He's supposedly been having a shipment in the works for about a year now. I doubt he's going to get them. It sounds like he deals in strictly Sega stuff.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Not to be a dick; however, those prices are @ or close to his *individual* eBay prices.

Where the bulk discount at?

0_o

I doubt the cabs themselves will carry much of a discount unless the order is larger than we've been discussing so far. The primary discount is in the shipping.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I'll find out when I next speak to him.

If they're in good shape and not mahjong machines, I'll take 2.

in terms of shipping, how does he do it?

I'm using uShip lately and I'm surprised how cheap you can get stuff sent. If he packs them in a container or trailer, we could probably swing the shipping pretty damn cheap.

SSS

neo retired
Here's and stock/price update from Ken:

Super Neo Candy 29 $950
Neo Candy 25 $750.00
Blast City 950.00
Net City $1100.00
New Net City $1250.00
Cyberlead $800.00
I have a few Astro City $650.00
And one Madonna cabinet $750.00
Lindberg $2800

Is that the base prices before shipping is added on?

If so.. damn prices have gone up over the last few years.

Tacitus

Staff member
Is that the base prices before shipping is added on?

If so.. damn prices have gone up over the last few years.

I was thinking the same thing.

I wouldn't mind picking up a few Xiongbas at this point. ;)

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
What kind of shape are the Neo Candys 29 in?

SSS

neo retired
Everything seems to be $200 more than it was 2-3 years ago. I mean the last group astro order I saw they were around 450 plus shipping. MVU 4's were 400...

Shit, 750 for a Neo 25? That's what I paid for Super Neo 29's a few years ago. Think I paid 500 for my Neo 25 about 1 1/2 years ago.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Everything seems to be $200 more than it was 2-3 years ago. I mean the last group astro order I saw they were around 450 plus shipping. MVU 4's were 400...

Shit, 750 for a Neo 25? That's what I paid for Super Neo 29's a few years ago. Think I paid 500 for my Neo 25 about 1 1/2 years ago.

I am a bit taken back by the prices to be honest...last time I looked I remember everything being much lower minus the shipping costs obviously.

SSS

neo retired
I wonder if his overhead has increased, or just there's less and less available from Japan. Also doesn't help that gas prices are skyrocketing again. The freight company is going to reflect that in their shipping cost.

Ibows

n00b
As others I am surprised by base unit price; however I'm still interested in the neo candy 25. Also what is meant by " a few" astro city?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
First off, thank you Daskrabs for starting this thread and getting info and details. I'm defintely ok with sega cabs, but I'm onlyinterested in Astro or new astro. interesting he said the nacs were in bad shape, I thought astro's were a bit older, so I thought they'd be worse off. I have only bought one cabinet so far, an Astro from Ken back in october, Other than being a bit dirty inside, and sticks not so great, the thing is great, zero burn in whatsoever. He listed the cab on ebay at $850 BIN, it had an mv-1fz and a 150 multicart in it. He calculated shipping to me from utah to North Carolina, around $450,
I asked him to hang onto the multicart, and total for everything was $1300. I hadn't seen any candys really being sold anywhere near me on the boards, so I felt it was a little steep, but since there are just fewer candys on the east coast than the west, I felt it was a necessary cost. Ken was cool all through the sale, no problems. I am shooting to have a lower cost this time around. I have been checking ken's stock on ebay and his site from time to time and noticed he had an astro in stock at his site same $650 price with no pics, I had thought about looking into it, and then I noticed this thread, and I am really not looking to pay 400+ in shipping again, was hoping with group buy shipping would be cheaper.

Also what is meant by " a few" astro city?

was also curious about this, a few as in only 3? haven't seen too many people here interested in those nets, so I think the astros would be cleaned out before everyone who wanted one would get it, and they are the cheapest too.

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I am in the exact same boat as Mugicha. I just recently paid near $1100 for my NAC with shipping to South Florida, again like Mugicha a necessary evil on the east coast. The NAC I received was beat to shit, scrapes and scratches everywhere and cobwebs and filth beyond belief on the inside. Ken was upfront about everything though and was a great seller, as the monitor I received is gorgeous. As stated above with the same prices as his stock I can't partake, however I just wanted to put in a great word for Ken and also thank Daskrabs for the east coast love. As for anyone worried about exterior condition of the NACs I wouldn't because I have mine looking brand new and it took less than 3 weeks.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
I contacted Ken:
The more cabinets you get the less per cabinet the shipping cost will be. Let me know how many you are thinking about and I'll get a quote. I'm guessing at 6 cabinets shipping should be less than $200.00 each.

I'm coming in late on the this thread but...

1) 200$ shipping a piece is only 50$ less than the individual shipping cost. I've purchased 2 from Ken.

2) Have you contacted Angela at Sega ( segaarcade.com )? I've purchased various parts from her before, they get them from sega logistics in Japan. Maybe she could help you get a arrange for container full of used cabs from japan for a REAL discount. Ken can't make you any volume discounts since that's how he makes his money.

3) if you go look at prices for cabs on YAJ, you'll realize how cheap used cabs are over there. the yen is strong but arcades are on the decline in Japan , therefore used cabs are flooding the market. 60 cabs is a lot but if you can get them here ( shipped) for 1/2 the price ken sells them, you should be able to find 60 buyers across all the arcade forums.

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b132818851
http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u39784799
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w70799386
http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h159543602

All and all, it's a complex and expensive operation. Have you talked to anyone with group buy experience ?

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
I contacted Sega and will try and get some pricing/availability info from them. I'll also ask Ken about the Astros and Neos as have been requested. Give me a few days and I'll report back.

Tacitus

Staff member
I'm coming in late on the this thread but...

1) 200$ shipping a piece is only 50$ less than the individual shipping cost. I've purchased 2 from Ken.

2) Have you contacted Angela at Sega ( segaarcade.com )? I've purchased various parts from her before, they get them from sega logistics in Japan. Maybe she could help you get a arrange for container full of used cabs from japan for a REAL discount. Ken can't make you any volume discounts since that's how he makes his money.

3) if you go look at prices for cabs on YAJ, you'll realize how cheap used cabs are over there. the yen is strong but arcades are on the decline in Japan , therefore used cabs are flooding the market. 60 cabs is a lot but if you can get them here ( shipped) for 1/2 the price ken sells them, you should be able to find 60 buyers across all the arcade forums.

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b132818851
http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u39784799
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w70799386
http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h159543602

All and all, it's a complex and expensive operation. Have you talked to anyone with group buy experience ?

Dear lord... $150-200 for candy cabs..

PLANE TICKET NOW.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I contacted Sega and will try and get some pricing/availability info from them. I'll also ask Ken about the Astros and Neos as have been requested. Give me a few days and I'll report back.

thank you. btw Ash friggin phenomenal job on that restoration.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Shit for those prices before shipping might as well buy one from a person with no burn in.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
400ish + 150 per (on a container order) looks nice. (especially for Philly area peeps/those willing to drive). Good find, mang.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I would be interested to hear what comes back from prices over in japan. I see VT already suggested Coinop. I've heard decent things from people who've ordered from them.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Staff member
400ish + 150 per (on a container order) looks nice. (especially for Philly area peeps/those willing to drive). Good find, mang.

I reached out to the sales rep I've dealt with in the past and asked for a quote for both Aero City and astro city shipped via container to Philly. Hopefully my PCB business over the years qualifies for some sort of discount... ;)

I've had mixed results with coinop over the years. Most of the "issues" come from them listing items that they don't actually have. For the big ticket items I've received over the years, I haven't had a bad experience.

Tacitus

Staff member
Anyone have any experience with the Xiongba knockoffs? I got offered a deal on a couple and they look nice.