Page 1 of 82 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Aero Fighters 3 U.S. AES Discovered!

New Challenger

icon16.gif Aero Fighters 3 U.S. AES Discovered!

First off, here are some things that will not be revealed.

- The name or location of my source.
    - Who currently owns the first copy.
    - What the first copy sold for (it was more than Kizuna or Ultimate 11).
    - What I am working on right now, which may blow some of you guys away again.
    - All of the people I needed to be on board with me, unless they want to be named.
    - Who purchases the second copy, unless they want to be known.

So, here's as much of the backstory as I can tell.

I received an email around 4 months ago from an individual who was interested in learning more about the current Neo-Geo scene. His first email was brief and to the point. I responded. And after a few more exchanges, we began chatting on the phone. I learned that this individual was a former employee of SNK.♥

That's when things started to get interesting. He made some outlandish claims that he owned a bunch of (higher end) Neo-Geo games and helped design some chips on the original MVS. He also stated that he worked for another well known game company. I played the part and let him talk. I'll admit, I didn't believe him at first.♥

About a month later, during one of our lengthy conversations one night, we started discussing prototypes and the Master List. He was looking over the Master List as we were talking, telling me about how some of the games were developed and who worked on them. Really interesting stuff.♥

He asked me why Aero Fighters 3 wasn't on the list. I told him that it was, but it was a Japanese only release and that Aero Fighters 3 didn't exist in U.S. form. He said he swore he owned a few of them. I said that was impossible, that it was rumored to exist a long time ago and that Adol stated he had once seen a copy in a French video game store, but no pictures ever came about. I did say that NGF had a version with a home brew insert and CD manual. He said that wasn't the one he had and he specifically remembered ordering a box of them during his time at SNK.

So, I kinda left it alone and we continued to talk games and drama, lol.♥

One day he called me and said he was going to his storage unit - that he was going to prove that he had a copy of the game. I told him to go ahead, I didn't believe him. I also stated that he was thinking of another game. That's when he described what he remembered of the game during his last move to his current location. He said that all of his games were labeled by year in boxes of 96 carts. So I asked for pictures to see if he was telling the truth about owning that many games.

Turns out he wasn't lying about the amount of games he owned. I received pictures of boxes and boxes of home carts. In SNK X5 and X12 boxes. He didn't find it during his first search, but said he knows it was there for sure. This is when I started to get a little excited. I contacted Mikhail Kiselgof and John Thacker. I've known these guys for a long time and trust both of them with my life. They are really good friends of mine. Mikhail was blown away and said he was very interested to see this title. What really surprised me was what John said. I'll never forget him yelling in the phone - "I FUCKING KNEW IT EXISTED!" - that's when I became very excited and less suspicious. John explained that he had placed Aero Fighters 3 U.S. on the Master List in the early days of Neo-Geo.com.♥

John retold me the story of Adol finding a copy in a French video game store and that GamePro had actually reviewed a copy of the game. I asked John if he was interested in helping me authenticate the game if it actually turned out that this guy had one. He was very supportive, he also suggested that Billy Pitt be brought in to assist because of his extensive knowledge of everything Neo-Geo. I trust John, so I agreed. We also decided it was best to keep this from getting out until it was actually verified.

A few months passed and the game wasn't found. John and I began to doubt that this was real and became less and less hopeful that the game would actually be found. I kept on talking to my new Neo-Geo buddy. And day after day he insisted that he would find it.♥

So I get an email from him one day saying he was headed down to his storage unit to look around again. And that if he didn't find it this time, he probably didn't own it anymore. That is when I thought to myself, ♥I knew this guy was bullshitting me all along. So I get a call from him when he got back, he said that he had located the game.♥

I first saw pictures of this title in late Janurary. I didn't believe it. I knew for sure that this guy had just made the game himself and even asked him about it. He said that wasn't the case and that he had purchased it directly from SNK back in 1995.♥

I said that I wanted to inspect the game with my own eyes, I also asked him how many he had. He said he had found 2 copies and that he thought he may have 1 more. We worked out a deal that would allow me to acquire both of them. I cannot state what the terms were in how I came into ownership of these 2 copies. But he sent me one. When I first looked at it, I thought it was fake. Only because there was no way I could be this lucky in owning the rarest and most expensive game that ever graced the Neo-Geo library. Upon further inspection, I knew that it was real, but needed an expert to see it and make a report on it.♥

That is where John Thacker comes in to play. I shipped him a copy of the game after sending him pictures. He said that it looked real, but until he saw it personally, there was no way to tell for sure. Once he received the game, he immediately called me and said it was 100% real. He couldn't believe it himself, but it was definitely a real title. He did extensive research and scrutinized the game after he gave his initial response. Expect his report very soon.♥

So with confirmation that it was real, I reached out to a collector and told him this exact story. He didn't believe me, but was willing to listen. Once John and I were in agreement that this game was real, I worked out a deal with this person. I actually got back from the Pittsburgh airport not too long ago. That is where we met and made the deal. It sold for more than Kizuna or Ultimate 11. So this is without a doubt, the rarest Neo-Geo home cart to exist.♥

I'm very grateful and excited to bring this long lost title out of its hiding place to share with the Neo-Geo community and the rest of the gaming world.♥

I hope you guys are just as shocked and excited as I am.

There are also a few other surprises that I'm working on with this individual, they will be announced once we're both ready.

In closing, I do have another copy available for sale. This will be sold to a serious party who is interested in owning a piece of history. Terms will be arranged once the offer is accepted. You must understand that acquiring this game will not be cheap. All non-serious offers will be ignored. I'd prefer to keep it in the United States.♥

Thanks for reading and trusting me to bring you this historic find.

- Michael DiCioccio

Last edited by TonK; 02-28-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Maxima's Barber

I guess it's a good day for Were-Jag... -NG: DEV.TEAM
    It's only fucking 50 USD for crying out loud. -Yakumo
    If there's one thing I hate in life more than anything else it's freeloaders. -Yakumo
    "reality has a well-known liberal bias." - Stephen Colbert

Be water, my friend.

if it's about that dorito shell taco bell taco i already made a thread about that

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual
    NeoGeoFreak (not related to the magazine) Co-Scammer
    NGF Historic Threads

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...uot-catches-up.

The 4 biggest neo geo scammers

The Fraudulent 4
    1. Mike Dicioccio
    2. Billy "supergun" Pitt
    3. Alias Jason Young - Alias "DavidG"

4. John "geddon" Thacker

YES, we are NeoGeoFreaks!
    www.ngfusa.com
    www.neogeofreak.com

Quote Originally Posted by TonK View Post
    First off, here are some things that will not be revealed.

- The name or location of my source.
    - Who currently owns the first copy.
    - What the first copy sold for (it was more than Kizuna or Ultimate 11).
    - What I am working on right now, which may blow some of you guys away again.
    - All of the people I needed to be on board with me, unless they want to be named.
    - Who purchases the second copy, unless they want to be known.

So, here's as much of the backstory as I can tell.

I received an email around 4 months ago from an individual who was interested in learning more about the current Neo-Geo scene. His first email was brief and to the point. I responded. And after a few more exchanges, we began chatting on the phone. I learned that this individual was a former employee of SNK.♥

That's when things started to get interesting. He made some outlandish claims that he owned a bunch of (higher end) Neo-Geo games and helped design some chips on the original MVS. He also stated that he worked for another well known game company. I played the part and let him talk. I'll admit, I didn't believe him at first.♥

About a month later, during one of our lengthy conversations one night, we started discussing prototypes and the Master List. He was looking over the Master List as we were talking, telling me about how some of the games were developed and who worked on them. Really interesting stuff.♥

He asked me why Aero Fighters 3 wasn't on the list. I told him that it was, but it was a Japanese only release and that Aero Fighters 3 didn't exist in U.S. form. He said he swore he owned a few of them. I said that was impossible, that it was rumored to exist a long time ago and that Adol stated he had once seen a copy in a French video game store, but no pictures ever came about. I did say that NGF had a version with a home brew insert and CD manual. He said that wasn't the one he had and he specifically remembered ordering a box of them during his time at SNK.

So, I kinda left it alone and we continued to talk games and drama, lol.♥

One day he called me and said he was going to his storage unit - that he was going to prove that he had a copy of the game. I told him to go ahead, I didn't believe him. I also stated that he was thinking of another game. That's when he described what he remembered of the game during his last move to his current location. He said that all of his games were labeled by year in boxes of 96 carts. So I asked for pictures to see if he was telling the truth about owning that many games.

Turns out he wasn't lying about the amount of games he owned. I received pictures of boxes and boxes of home carts. In SNK X5 and X12 boxes. He didn't find it during his first search, but said he knows it was there for sure. This is when I started to get a little excited. I contacted Mikhail Kiselgof and John Thacker. I've known these guys for a long time and trust both of them with my life. They are really good friends of mine. Mikhail was blown away and said he was very interested to see this title. What really surprised me was what John said. I'll never forget him yelling in the phone - "I FUCKING KNEW IT EXISTED!" - that's when I became very excited and less suspicious. John explained that he had placed Aero Fighters 3 U.S. on the Master List in the early days of Neo-Geo.com.♥

John retold me the story of Adol finding a copy in a French video game store and that GamePro had actually reviewed a copy of the game. I asked John if he was interested in helping me authenticate the game if it actually turned out that this guy had one. He was very supportive, he also suggested that Billy Pitt be brought in to assist because of his extensive knowledge of everything Neo-Geo. I trust John, so I agreed. We also decided it was best to keep this from getting out until it was actually verified.

A few months passed and the game wasn't found. John and I began to doubt that this was real and became less and less hopeful that the game would actually be found. I kept on talking to my new Neo-Geo buddy. And day after day he insisted that he would find it.♥

So I get an email from him one day saying he was headed down to his storage unit to look around again. And that if he didn't find it this time, he probably didn't own it anymore. That is when I thought to myself, ♥I knew this guy was bullshitting me all along. So I get a call from him when he got back, he said that he had located the game.♥

I first saw pictures of this title in late Janurary. I didn't believe it. I knew for sure that this guy had just made the game himself and even asked him about it. He said that wasn't the case and that he had purchased it directly from SNK back in 1995.♥

I said that I wanted to inspect the game with my own eyes, I also asked him how many he had. He said he had found 2 copies and that he thought he may have 1 more. We worked out a deal that would allow me to acquire both of them. I cannot state what the terms were in how I came into ownership of these 2 copies. But he sent me one. When I first looked at it, I thought it was fake. Only because there was no way I could be this lucky in owning the rarest and most expensive game that ever graced the Neo-Geo library. Upon further inspection, I knew that it was real, but needed an expert to see it and make a report on it.♥

That is where John Thacker comes in to play. I shipped him a copy of the game after sending him pictures. He said that it looked real, but until he saw it personally, there was no way to tell for sure. Once he received the game, he immediately called me and said it was 100% real. He couldn't believe it himself, but it was definitely a real title. He did extensive research and scrutinized the game after he gave his initial response. Expect his report very soon.♥

So with confirmation that it was real, I reached out to a collector and told him this exact story. He didn't believe me, but was willing to listen. Once John and I were in agreement that this game was real, I worked out a deal with this person. I actually got back from the Pittsburgh airport not too long ago. That is where we met and made the deal. It sold for more than Kizuna or Ultimate 11. So this is without a doubt, the rarest Neo-Geo home cart to exist.♥

I'm very grateful and excited to bring this long lost title out of its hiding place to share with the Neo-Geo community and the rest of the gaming world.♥

I hope you guys are just as shocked and excited as I am.

There are also a few other surprises that I'm working on with this individual, they will be announced once we're both ready.

In closing, I do have another copy available for sale. This will be sold to a serious party who is interested in owning a piece of history. Terms will be arranged once the offer is accepted. You must understand that acquiring this game will not be cheap. All non-serious offers will be ignored. I'd prefer to keep it in the United States.♥

Thanks for reading and trusting me to bring you this historic find.

- Michael DiCioccio
    Last edited by 68k; 03-02-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Gai's Trainer

I'm such a nerd, I've been refreshing this thread all morning at work

Raiden's Valet

Its already time,,, for the ppl in EU.

JS

Toapran

Quote Originally Posted by jsiucho View Post
    Its already time,,, for the ppl in EU.

JS
    Well, they don't count. If they want the news as advertised they should move to the greatest country in the world.

canada

dramatic much? must not click link.....
    " Of all the frictionless resistances, ignorance most retards human movement." Tesla

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    WiiU:SnethSS

They call him "Mr. Windy". wataru330's Avatar

In for the 'participated' tab on my tapatalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
    Innocence gave me confidence, to go up against reality...

Analog_Delivery_System=*when you absolutely, positively,
    must rock every person in the room*

"I don't think your kids should see us playing Joust in this parking lot..."
    -300wins

Creator of the Master List
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisr View Post
    Lol! Good stuff Chris.

lord of the coffee shop. fatson's Avatar

Patiently awaiting news...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    Could somebody in Belgium walk over to the fence and yell at Ratson to come back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

Fla-Vor-Ice

Oops, I didn't see when TonK edited OP, looking like 5:00ish is the ribbon ceremony.
    Last edited by Chempop; 02-28-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: I'm dumb

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

...no not really since I have to go to work now.

I wonder if this will be an epic thread. I bet I'll come home to about 10 pages of crap I have to sift through.
    ...console emulation has no soul...

Bunker Buster

/awaits the Megaton announcement
    RGB 4 THE PEOPLE!

Slashchat nick = Yodd

The best 8 and 16 bit system, ever:

OBEY

Fio's Quartermaster

5 hours to go.

Big day for the Neo.
    About 4 now..........
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisr View Post
    Soooo....
    Chris how about releasing your freaked Last Odisey rom to the Neo-Geo fans?

If you indeed love the neo community, just do it !
    Show your looove !
    Last edited by dragonpt; 02-28-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Hyper Neo Geo 64 / Neo Geo CD - Top Loader / Neo Geo Poket Color/ Neo MVS - MV1FZ / 1B / 4F

Fio's Quartermaster

well my hamster is gona play some POng....

Last edited by dragonpt; 02-28-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Hyper Neo Geo 64 / Neo Geo CD - Top Loader / Neo Geo Poket Color/ Neo MVS - MV1FZ / 1B / 4F

'CLOW' rhymes with 'crow', not 'cow'... Arcademan's Avatar
    The CLOW Empire as the Warlord of CLOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goombakid View Post

...no not really since I have to go to work now.

I wonder if this will be an epic thread. I bet I'll come home to about 10 pages of crap I have to sift through.
    I'm thinking the same thing too. I'm gone for awhile so they're better be lots of posts here or else!!!

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
    "We wanted her to be something more than a witch with a wand..."- CLAMP

TЗh ЯussiaИs Дre CФming,
    TЗh ЯussiaИs Дre CФming

I was just told it's not Alicia Barone pics. Boo!

OldSkool4Life

*Waiting patiently*

Its just some artwork.
    Austin 3:16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochlan View Post
    Doctor Shroom is just yet another worthless member who just wants to be loved.

ネオジオフリーク

icon15.gif

Bunker Buster

time to get some sleep.i'll be here for breakfast....

Obsessed Neo-Fan

5 hours to go.

Last edited by TonK; Today at 08:16 AM.
    Last edited by Tyranix95; 02-28-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Thread Information