Aero Fighters 3 U.S. AES Discovered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
After reading through allot of the O.G. members posts (Mike, myself, etc) it seems like more and more of us are posting like fran.

I just had to point that shit out.

Speaking of which, where the fuck is he?

Throw a post from him in here along with one from Ryo Geo, Mouse Master & Kurtz and it's full on N-G.com dysfunctional family reunion, a full on retard jamboree.

Who the fuck cares?

I do. I want to know who's retarded enough to do such a thing.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
I do. I want to know who's retarded enough to do such a thing.

yeah, see, that's what I already knew before you replied.

Who gives two shits that you want to tear down someone who bought something you would not buy (and couldn't afford anyway).

People have spent much more money on even more ridiculous things. Deal with it.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
It's currently hanging from the wall in my office in Milano

neogeoworldcarpet.jpg

Just stare at it in this very moment actually...

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
I don't get why people think that things aren't showing up after 16 years in storage.

Last summer I managed to find a SNES cart produced around '97/'98 that had not been known to even exist. Not so much as even a rumor or speculation of it being a planned title, much less produced and sold. Obviously more than one copy exists, so what are the odds of it not being so much as sighted in passing in 15 years?

To those that are interested in such things I'm sure it is intriguing and monetarily valuable. Others probably think of it being a useless shit game not even worth the trouble of downloading.

Whatever. I own it, and it's cool to me, and I'm sure others appreciate knowing about its existence.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
It's currently hanging from the wall in my office in Milano

neogeoworldcarpet.jpg

Just stare at it in this very moment actually...

Rugs on walls? Does this mean you keep oil paintings on the floor?

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Games you can't play.
Rugs you can't walk on.
Welcome to the neo geo scene!

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
yeah, see, that's what I already knew before you replied.

Who gives two shits that you want to tear down someone who bought something you would not buy (and couldn't afford anyway).

People have spent much more money on even more ridiculous things. Deal with it.

In all seriousness, I consider that rug a much better deal at $12,000 than a $30,000 AF3 US AES.

The AF3 US is as rare as fuck, but its %99.9 identical to the JP cart, and program-wise is %100 identical to not only the JP AES, but also the MVS cart, which are going for $100 BIN on eBay. The dude who bought this cart payed $29,900 for a fucking manual and insert. This is a terrible deal.

The rug? Maybe two were made, maybe 12. Regardless, the "experience" of cleaning your feet off on this rug is exponentially more rare than the "experience" of playing AF3, a game everyone here except Dion and Chris played ages ago. Plus, a lot of people cleaned their boots on that rug. Its famous in...Osaka, or wherever.

Of course, both are in the domain of trust fund kids, dynastic millionaires, lower members of royalty, etc. People with way more money than taste or brains. Judging from a perspective of value alone though, the rug wins.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
There's no harm in asking a question, which is why I asked it. I've asked questions of many members here about the scene to better arm myself with knowledge and they've helped me out with answers. I've never made any bones about being new to the Neo scene and won't apologize for not being able to afford being a part of it 10+ years ago like many of the members here, but everyone new to the Neo has to start somewhere. I have a modest 8 kits at the moment and take great care in their handling and aesthetics, as I do with the rest of my gaming collection; I can see both sides of the coin - aesthetics with a fresh repro box vs. authentic SNK packaging.
You have the tenure here to dog me and other newbs as you see fit, but I'll be around for the long haul and earn my stripes in time.

Dude relax. He's losing all his hair and is taking it out on you. You didn't do anything wrong.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
In the past, wasn't it Shawn that was sent items to see if they were the real deal or not? Why was Shawn not in the loop on this one this time? I'm also confused why someone would drop $30,000 on a game before seeing what the best price he could get on it, instead. Why wasn't this a bidding war, or something? Just a few nagging issues that don't quite add up. If this guy that bought it loves the Neo so much, was he ever on here? Ever on the mailing list? Neo-Alecs? Anywhere?

I'm no jealous of the game, as I couldn't care less about it. I wouldn't waste the time downloading the rom of it for free. It's just that there's a few loose ends that need tidying up.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I don't give a flying fuck about this game. But since you've mentioned my name, I figured I'd throw in my .02.

Jeff

Throw a post from him in here along with one from Ryo Geo, Mouse Master & Kurtz and it's full on N-G.com dysfunctional family reunion, a full on retard jamboree.
Who the fuck cares?

Shawn

snkusa.com
It’s not like I had a copy of English Aero Fighters 3 to compare to, and from a business standpoint, it’s best for a dealer to keep his source confidential, especially from the threat of competition, at least until you’ve secured all of the stock that you want from said source. If given the opportunity, I would not have opted for one cart at a time purchases, rather, I would have presented a serious offer to buy everything neo related that this seller had to offer in one single transaction, as this is how virtually all of the purchases I’ve made for neo collections to date have transpired.

I can’t help but ponder why this former SNK employee sought out TonK and TonK alone. Perhaps it’s because of his sexy/burly/gangster avatar. Maybe there’s some particular neo related Google search that brings up TonK in the top results. Or, this fellow is a regular viewer of our forums and was drawn to TonK’s enthusiasm for the neo. I’m not a shrink, but the phycology behind this logic does leave me somewhat befuddled yet curious.

I only recently listed a handful of Magic the Gathering items on the NeoStore, yet those items are all topping the search engine results. As a result, former early WotC (Wizards of the Coat) employees have since contacted me offering their collections for sale, one of which contained rare employee only treasures such as Splendid Genesis and Fraternal Exaltation. But I would find it odd/awkward/unorthodox for a former insider possessing a very large collection/inventory to single out one enthusiastic community member, and no one else, for moving one game (or was it two?) at a time. This would be different if the community member and this former employee had a long standing friendship, distant family relation, or some other prior connection whatsoever.

Don’t get me wrong, I believe that TonK and Geddon are both convinced that these test release carts are legit. I’m not suspecting that they are in cahoots on some elaborate ploy, but for many others to be believers/buyers as well would obviously require extensive proof. Only a handful of TonK’s circle of trust VIPs have any clue as to the legitimacy of this find, and the rest of us are left to speculate or to rely on blind faith alone. Over the years in dealing with rare neo items I’ve learned that blind faith alone is not enough and gut feelings/instincts should not be ignored.

In the event that this find is proven to be the real deal, then absolutely, this would be a major grail piece that will command record prices. I wish I could give my congratulations to TonK and those involved prematurely, but given that virtually nothing other than pics have been disclosed to us, most of us will have to wait for Geddon’s report to shed more light on this enigma before jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
few notes.

Comparing the neogeoo world carpet to this home cart is not correct.
The neo geo world carpet has manufaturer info on the back that was verified and belongs to a japanese factory that sold its products to neo geo parks.

This home cart has no solid provenance and proof so far.
And, as I wrote to Geddon and with all due respect for a loyal neo geo fan like him, he is just a neo geo fan and will express his opinion on that report. That's it. I don't see him as a neo geo authority at all and I wouldn't buy $30k based on the fact he is including this home cart in his master list...given I can't afford it myself but Im happy anyway if this find is true.

Bottom line, a word of wisdom fo all serious buyers: tonk, geddon and others can be in total good faith but you can't call a home cart "official" just thanks to an in-depth analysis in my opinion if you don't have a legit one to use as a comparison and in addition _____you have no official records of that home cart being produced by SNK itself...

Last edited:

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
few notes.

The neo geo world carpet has manufaturer info on the back that was verified and belongs to a japanese factory that sold its products to neo geo parks.

And, as I wrote to Geddon and with all due respect for a loyal neo geo fan like him, he is just a neo geo fan and will express his opinion on that report. That's it. I don't see him as a neo geo authority at all and I wouldn't buy $30k based on the fact he is including this home cart in his master list...given I can't afford it myself but Im happy anyway if this find is true.

Bottom line, a word of wisdom fo all serious buyers: tonk, geddon and others can be in total good faith but you can't call a home cart "official" just thanks to an in-depth analysis in my opinion if you don't have a legit one to use as a comparison and in addition _____you have no official records of that home cart being produced by SNK itself...

You just jelly bro.

I bet you'd see it as legit if you got your hands on it.

You mad now bro?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
While I can totally empathize with what Shawn and a few others have said, I hope for Mike and those involved that the release it legit.

Having said that, I have no love for the whole US/Euro cart drama that obviously continues to ensue to this day, although as a guilty pleasure... it is entertaining!!

If I had my time again, I'd still stick to the Jap AES related stuff, both common and collectible.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I bet you'd see it as legit if you got your hands on it.

Ain't that the truth.

I am sure FTL would list it in another of his silent bidding auctions claiming the first bid is at $50,000 or some other ludicrous amount.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
few notes.

Jesus simone can you be any more transparent.... >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.