Neo Super SNK MVS Convertor plus 2011 Version

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

phipscube

n00b
Thanks Xian Xi, I was just curious. I wondered if it was a bit too good to be true at that price. I've seen the Daedalus, it looks awesome. I'm still umming and ahhing on whether to get a converter or CMVS. At the price the Daedalus is at I think it would be a CMVS. If the Super NEO was any good I might have plumped for that instead.

furrtek

Super Sidekicks 2
Confirming it's better than the v1 (black), but still crap. Bought one, which wasn't making sound work. Discovered there were 3 broken solder joints on the connector, fixed it and now works about right with still a few timing problems.

Also, they have an usb plug but it's useless at it isn't connected to anything inside.

Friend, I am Brazilian, I do not know any English, sorry I'm using google translator, I would like to ask for help to try to mount a CMVS, I have a NGCD not pay more here, I saw that the one to build inside MV1C only I do not know how, here in Brazil people who can ride, do not help in any way I could buy a neobitz now, I think that comes through this week, most do not know where to start, or if it is easier to ride without housing NGCD, MVS which card you recommend me? ... could send me a step by step tutorial with pictures and diagrmas email? ... hope not to be expelled from the forum for it! I'm sorry, I do not know whom to ask for help!

furrtek

Super Sidekicks 2
Just a heads up on the usb plug: it's certainly intended to update a future firmware, there's space for a flash chip which is hooked to the 68k bus.
Maybe a cheat engine or an "integrated unibios" in next versions ?

Also working on replicating the infamous PRO-CT0, someone interested in talking about it ?

Last edited:
I sell a CMVS kit that you can use your MV1C board. No soldering required.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?231045-FS-Omega-Neo-Geo-CMVS-Systems-and-Kits

If I had known this before, have bought your kit for sure, very good work, perfect finish, and leaves the shipping to Brazil?
I will not buy now, I ride my first CMVS in NGCD already bought everything, if you buy your kit will be too expensive for me, then who can ride that I have here, watching and buy your kit, a better doque NGCD also more than all right for this assembly without welding ..... you have a guide for me to ride my first? ... then buy a kit to sell that his loved!

Vai tomar no meio do seu cu chinês porco,sou tecnico em eletrônica babaca,a coisa mais facil do mundo é montar essa porra de Consolized,pedi ajuda nem sei pq,to com o meu rodando aqui já,não responde pq se acha o baum igual o gordo nojento do Macck

Kamiboy

n00b
About the converter 2011, anyone else really bothered by the colour choice? The previous model was a pretty good match for the system but I am not so sure I want to pay 200 to have this be a permenant part of a 400-500 system.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
About the converter 2011, anyone else really bothered by the colour choice? The previous model was a pretty good match for the system but I am not so sure I want to pay 200 to have this be a permenant part of a 400-500 system.

Why are you even considering it? It again doesn't work with 100% of the games on the system. Just get the Daedalus Converter.

Kamiboy

n00b
This is the first time I've ever heard of this Daedalus Converter, I'll check it out. Then again I am very new to the system so there is a lot that I do not know yet.

That being said I do not need a converter that works for a lot of games. I only play on getting the Slug series as well as a maximum of 5 other games. I have a very narrow taste in games and after going through a long list of every NEO game I could find mentioned only about 3 stood out to me as something that I would want to purchase after I've got the Slugs.

Not having any interest in Fighters, sports and puzzle game while only having a mild to cold interest in arcade shooters narrows things down quite nicely.

Kamiboy

n00b
The Daedalus Converter seems to cost twice as much as the 2001, or the previous model II. Daedalus is clearly the better option only if you have a very large interest in the NEO GEO library. I think I will try to get myself a model II Converter as I cannot stand the blue colour of 2011.

I doubt the scaling issues are going to be relevant for any of the handful of games that I am interested in.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
The Daedalus Converter seems to cost twice as much as the 2001, or the previous model II. Daedalus is clearly the better option only if you have a very large interest in the NEO GEO library. I think I will try to get myself a model II Converter as I cannot stand the blue colour of 2011.

I doubt the scaling issues are going to be relevant for any of the handful of games that I am interested in.

I have a model II available if you are interested.

Kamiboy

n00b
Not unless it is a really good deal that I cannot pass up because I need to secure a system in the condition I want first. that one is going to take a while.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Not unless it is a really good deal that I cannot pass up because I need to secure a system in the condition I want first. that one is going to take a while.

Well, they are 250$ new plus shipping. The one I have has hardly been used as I play most of my games on neo cd. When you are ready, just message me and we can bargain.

Kamiboy

n00b
My post count is too low to message you. But really mate, I have not budgeted any money for a converter and I just bought about a grand worth of hardware and games. I am at my limit you see, I would have to break into my savings for any unplanned purchases and I cannot do that unless it is for something super rare, like a reasonably priced NIB NEO GEO or a killer deal I know I will never see again.

So unless you want to let go of that II for a super low price like 150 shipped I am not the right buyer for you, sorry mate.

Kamiboy

n00b
That was for another system, a mint Turbo Duo and some games to be exact. But I know I am in the deep end over here.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The cheat functionality looks an awful lot like a unibios to me. Something tells me Razoola isn't getting any royalties from these.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Don't go for the Daedalous it's just an overpriced piece of hardware that you can build yourself.

Furrtek and Calpis/Kyusaako are building one with temp name Comodo.
It will work 100% because the converter works using the NEO-CT0 chip that got reversed by Calpis.

The Daedalous converter is made using the Samurai Shodown 1 AES game lot that DavidG got.

The MVS to AES converter can be made using a donor cartridge (since all AES cartridges have the NEO-CT0) and an MVS slot and tons of soldering.

This here is just an example of how the Daedalous is built:

lVi2h.jpg

KrMGQ.jpg

This information should be sticked to everyone. The only difference from the MVS to AES is the NEO-CT0.
If you have it on the way to the AES so every MVS cartridge will work.

xardion

n00b
The cheat functionality looks an awful lot like a unibios to me. Something tells me Razoola isn't getting any royalties from these.

I was thinking the same thing , since i dont have a unibios in my unit this would be awesome if it worked.
Only thing bothering me is the build quality when its a chinese piece of hardware.