Street Fighter X Tekken

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
This game is so much harder to be good in then any SFIV title. Its a great game.

I agree. This game is so fun, but there's just so much you've gotta know. It's so fast, too.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Yeah, you can't sit on shit, or do damage and retreat forcing your opponent to take dumber risks to do damage. The rush down in this game is the most brutal I've experienced in any fighter ever. Having a guile cross you up like dogshit looking for a single chain to switch is scary.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
I'm late to the party here, but, I'm on day two or so of owning this on 360.
I'm having a problem with some of the DLC and am wondering if anyone else if effected, too.

First thing I did was head to the in-game store and get everything marked as "free".
So, the three gem pack expansions.
Color palette Add-On 1.
Color palette Add-On 2.
Color palette Add-On 3.
Special Color Palette 1.
Special Color Palette 2.

The extra colors show up in the character customizer.
So, I've tried to edit M. Bison's colors to one of those shiny-vinyl looking colors.
The game tells me I don't have the DLC to use that color, and offers to take me to the store and download the pack.
Tell it OK and LIVE does a check and tells me I already have that DLC.
So, I re-download the DLC.
The game returns me to the customization screen and tells me I need to download the DLC color pack for the color again.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Is there a place on capcom-unity or somewhere where I can place a bug report?

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
I'm late to the party here, but, I'm on day two or so of owning this on 360.
I'm having a problem with some of the DLC and am wondering if anyone else if effected, too.

First thing I did was head to the in-game store and get everything marked as "free".
So, the three gem pack expansions.
Color palette Add-On 1.
Color palette Add-On 2.
Color palette Add-On 3.
Special Color Palette 1.
Special Color Palette 2.

The extra colors show up in the character customizer.
So, I've tried to edit M. Bison's colors to one of those shiny-vinyl looking colors.
The game tells me I don't have the DLC to use that color, and offers to take me to the store and download the pack.
Tell it OK and LIVE does a check and tells me I already have that DLC.
So, I re-download the DLC.
The game returns me to the customization screen and tells me I need to download the DLC color pack for the color again.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Is there a place on capcom-unity or somewhere where I can place a bug report?

Problem solved?
I went outside the game to the Live Marketplace and re-downloaded the color palette DLC.
Now, the entire row of colors that was appearing for M. Bison and giving trouble with the DLC is gone.

So, yay? It's a weird glitch for teasing colors for packs that aren't available yet.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Kagerousama, I had the same problem, and I looked at gamefaqs and apparently other people have the same problem. I'd imagine they'll fix it soon.

This game is crazy. I get destroyed online, I'm also on xbox, I think you're on my friends list. If not, I'll add you later.

Today I tried to play some ranked matches in umvc3.. I just got thrown around like a rag doll.

I can win a round in sfxt at least, however, that's about as much as I can do. I don't know how all these fuckin nerds get so good. I don't have the attention span to sit down and learn crazy combos all day.

Fuck. I still enjoy playing this game though.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Auto block gems look fucked up, I spoke to soon. Seriously? This whole game is built on scam. Gee', its a bitch to guard in this, so lets make auto block gems which you HAVE to fucking buy. Seriously man. Honestly, whats pissing me off in this game is ken's fucking tatsu. I played some guy, I'd read his crap, I'd end up losing as soon as ken comes in. Fuck Ken and Hugo in this game. Shits way to free for them, and they have some stupid set ups. Hugo is a joke, he dishes out tons of damage without meter. You can just jerk off with meter he's so beyond good... I wanna dash forward and srk Ken's ass, because he can literally just neutral jump tatsu, anything touches, low forward chain tag, and you're in big trouble. It does retarded block stun or something also, because I guard it, and I have nothing I can do that i'm aware of to punish it. That shit is way to good, and its super ambiguous on cross up, which sucks more. I don't know if guarding low has a true auto correct with this, and need to practice it. So far I hate ken more then anyone else. Raven is annoying as shit to, but at least he doesnt have that dumb tatsu going for him.

That auto block left me feeling disgusted that im playing this shit =/// I play with gems turned off completely against friends, because they are gonna ban that garbage.

Last edited:

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
I just got this game yesterday on the PS3. I havent sat down to play it too much, but from I have played, timing seems different. But than again, I only played Hugo and Megaman. I like it thus far though.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Russian Wrestling is always number one!
I don't think Zangief has ever clicked so easily in play. So much so that I've gone back to other games to see what I'd missed.
The 360 pad makes those 360s super easy. I rarely ever get the gauge to use a super, much less need to.

I think I breezed through arcade mode medium in ten minutes with Zangief and Hugo. At least it's fun.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
this game just seems so terrible

broken shit everywhere, monotonous gameplay, boring as shit to watch

it's sad to hear announcers fake excitement about this game, and even the "top players" don't seem to give a shit

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Can someone link some good match videos of this game? I have not been paying attention to the tourney scene at all since this game came out, are there any notable matches from recent events or should i just wait for EVO?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Can someone link some good match videos of this game? I have not been paying attention to the tourney scene at all since this game came out, are there any notable matches from recent events or should i just wait for EVO?

i was just watching the road to evo tourny that's on right now, luckily for everyone the sf x tk tourny is over

http://www.leveluplive.tv/

PublicEnemy

Cheng's Errand Boy
Gems are what ruined this game. Capcom copied the perk system of Call of Duty and decided to call it gems.

Tekken X Street Fighter will be the better game no doubt.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Gems are what ruined this game. Capcom copied the perk system of Call of Duty and decided to call it gems.

Tekken X Street Fighter will be the better game no doubt.

lol, what? Capcom had gems in Pocket Fighter

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I love the game, I hate gems and want a few rebalances. I like it because it rewards good play, but assist gems are making it dumb, because I can't open someone up,. and when I see those gems flash, I know my mix up worked. I've had times where I get auto guard 7 or more times, then lose. Then I end up losing rank points that makes no sense. I was top 8 in over all wins on all of PSN last week, and it like doesn't matter, because even with strong engine understanding I've never gotten more then a 24 win streak in ranked because assist gem players who are good keep making it worse.

I am a rank 7000+ plus bp, and I played some scrub with 12,000 bp, he beats me with assist gems and I lose 70 points. Wow, really?

Anyone using assist gems should receive only 10 points per win no matter who they play. This garbage has to be discouraged. Its especially dirty on people who understand how to play the game. I know for fact I could really upset people in this game if I used them. I've played good players who use them. Total bullshit. Hellokitty1 is a perfect example. He has almost 20000 bp, and i've never once beaten him, he mains gief with auto guard gem and has good footsie chain zoning. Gem's make it so much worse.
The game thinks for you and punishes the person who made the better read. Its really retarded. The only game that did gems right that I actually played with marvel superheroes, and it was awesome, because the entire game was fresh with the gems. Also, it was broken with or without them. Gems BREAK this game. I get mad at losing to that nonsense, but after a while its like 'eh, he had assist'. You can't blame yourself.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I thought they had a system in place so you didn't have to play people with the assist gems on. I'm really glad that this is all backfiring in their faces. When I played the game at the Capcom Fight Club in NYC it was all before the gems and it felt really damn good. That's the whole reason why I got the game. I liked demo and wanted to see more of it.

Everybody knew the whole gem thing would break the game, they didn't listen and now the game's in the shitter. Its just extra shit that Capcom can sell to get more money. They could care less about the balance..unless their planning on selling a paid DLC system change.

I'm still pissed off with the characters on the disk bullshit. Did you ever hear anybody complain that they had to download the Arcade Edition patch on SSFIV even though they didn't want to play as the four new characters? I didn't, I got the patch and didn't bother with the characters, but then again I had stopped playing the game well before AE came out.

I'm really wondering what their going to do at E3. I wonder if their gonna shrug it off or issue and apology. The Gems, glitches and extra character BS killed this game for me and a lot of people. The shame of it is, it's a good game! It just needs to have some of the bugs ironed out, but if they want me to spend money on things they should have fixed before the game was released then they can go piss up a rope for all I care.

All this stuff is making me not want to play any more fighting games again. I will look into what Namco is offering with Tekken Tag 2 since Harada said he would never do paid DLC and Sega's already got my money for Final Showdown. I'd get DoA5 but I don't know if that'll be like another "New Toy Syndrome" where the first few months everybody will play it then die down, kinda like X Tekken and Marvel 3.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
The glitches are hugely exaggerated, but this game is a mess in general. Those factors didn't kill it for me, but the entirety of this shit is nuts.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
I love the game, I hate gems and want a few rebalances. I like it because it rewards good play, but assist gems are making it dumb, because I can't open someone up,. and when I see those gems flash, I know my mix up worked. I've had times where I get auto guard 7 or more times, then lose. Then I end up losing rank points that makes no sense. I was top 8 in over all wins on all of PSN last week, and it like doesn't matter, because even with strong engine understanding I've never gotten more then a 24 win streak in ranked because assist gem players who are good keep making it worse.

I am a rank 7000+ plus bp, and I played some scrub with 12,000 bp, he beats me with assist gems and I lose 70 points. Wow, really?

Anyone using assist gems should receive only 10 points per win no matter who they play. This garbage has to be discouraged. Its especially dirty on people who understand how to play the game. I know for fact I could really upset people in this game if I used them. I've played good players who use them. Total bullshit. Hellokitty1 is a perfect example. He has almost 20000 bp, and i've never once beaten him, he mains gief with auto guard gem and has good footsie chain zoning. Gem's make it so much worse.
The game thinks for you and punishes the person who made the better read. Its really retarded. The only game that did gems right that I actually played with marvel superheroes, and it was awesome, because the entire game was fresh with the gems. Also, it was broken with or without them. Gems BREAK this game. I get mad at losing to that nonsense, but after a while its like 'eh, he had assist'. You can't blame yourself.

I actually have/had fun with this game. I don't think it's a GREAT game, but I think the people hating on it are just part of a hivemind that's all overexaggerating just how bad it really is. The game's more fun to play than it is to watch, and that's what's most important.

I was playing online quite a bit the first month and a half, I managed to get up to 13000 BP with a win rate of something like 92.3% in ranked matches. But then when I heard about the reduced cost autoblock/autotech gems... I stopped playing ranked completely. The sheer retardness of it is amazing. How could they think these DLC gems was a good idea? Oh right, this is Capcom, the new kings of DLC. Players definitely shouldn't be rewarded for using stupid shit gems like that - they'll get blown up at offline tournaments should they ever leave their house and attend one, but I guess that's not really a concern for them.

I have a lot of fun playing my Bison/Julia team, but most people around here have already pretty much dropped the game. I'm going to Northwest Majors this weekend and hope to do well in it even if most people don't like the game anymore.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Exactly my point. Sadly, I was playing it way later when everyone mained those garbage gems. You don't have characters in this game anymore, you have team builds where definitive weaknesses are practically sucked away by assist gems. I dropped this game for the time being and I'm currently learning umvc3. I got pretty good as a player, but I'm tiring of hand holding matches where someone flashes constantly, and I know I opened them up, only to have nothing rewarded for it. Bad stuff capcom. You really fucked this up.

I justified my purchase at least and got my platinum trophy yesterday, and it feels like handcuffs got taken off. I need a break from this games bs. All those dlc characters I want to use not being available, but tucked away is sucky to think about to. Especially considering if I had those characters now, I'd be maining at least two of them. Its ironic the people building game plans with them are a bunch of hackers, and that is in no way fair to me, since I should have the equal opportunity. I even heard those chars were supposed to be proprietary to the vita version, but gee, lookie here whats on the disc.

Capcom and goldman sach's need to stop having meetings in the same building.

Last edited:

PublicEnemy

Cheng's Errand Boy
I picked up this game for ps3 and so far I'm enjoying it better than Street Fighter 4.

Instead of losing the match right after one partner dies, they should have made it when you lose both partners you lose the match, like Street Fighter EX 3

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
^This is the dumbest thing I've read in this thread. Rather surprising coming from you. I'll give you this, the gem system feels out of place, I don't like it.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Last edited: