Street Fighter X Tekken

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
if they sacrified the sound to keep running the figh smooth then props, honestly, but then again, it does throw me off when there is no sound, hands down..

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
The soundbug is pissing me off, how the hell did this go through quality control? Oh wait its capcom, nevermind.
I don't like how the round is over if you lose one member of your team...what does the other do? Just walk away?

It's not a bug. they released a statement saying they intentionally cut sound to keep lag down.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I don't like how the round is over if you lose one member of your team...what does the other do? Just walk away?

I kind of like that. It forces you to really be aware of your lifebar, and strategize around that. If my partner has 10% health, and is sitting on the sidelines, I have to think of the risk/reward of tagging them in after a launch (still don't have all the game's vocabulary down, I'm sure it's cross-something). Do I send them in to finish comboing a juggle? Or do I let my main guy stay in there because he has more health? Is the other person about to die? Then maybe I should send in my other partner and activate pandora to seal the deal.

Also, it makes it a lot less like MvC3 where you could just run each character down without giving any sort of thought, because somebody will jump in there after they die anyway.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
It's not a bug. they released a statement saying they intentionally cut sound to keep lag down.

Should've just taken the code from MvC3, that game had no problems with shitloads of sound going on at once. Its annoying.

FrankZappa

Crossed Swords Squire
Just got this game, going through the tutorials right now :p If anyone wants some fun casual matches(and easy wins). Neozappa on PSN

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I'll probably sit this out, capcom is just releasing to many fighters now, and its getting to a point where I dont care enough to invest in all of them and end up mediocre because I'm iffy on committing.

are you on PS3 or 360?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I really did plan to sit this out, even though everyone is laughing at my hypocrisy. Thing is, I watched more and more of this develop, the games speed, the intensity of real rush down, the chains. The game is fucking awesome without any exception. I love the pace, the bg's, everything I hated about SFIV except for drawn out ultra type animations is completely gone.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Is it me, or does the pace/rushdown remind anyone else of CvS2?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I really did plan to sit this out, even though everyone is laughing at my hypocrisy. Thing is, I watched more and more of this develop, the games speed, the intensity of real rush down, the chains. The game is fucking awesome without any exception. I love the pace, the bg's, everything I hated about SFIV except for drawn out ultra type animations is completely gone.

the only reason I remember reading you were going to sit this one out was that capcom was oversaturating and you couldn't keep up, and I agree and felt the same way.. lucky i had some store credit that was burning a hole in my pocket...but the fact that UMVC3 is pretty good to and it JUST came out remains. so no... I don't see nobody laughing at your hypocrisy.

I think this game still retains some shit I hate.. I think the reversal window is still gigantic for example... but it's not such a huge bother when you can't really FADC to take away the risk of random dp mashing. I even lost a game today because I random DP'd then canceled to tag to escape... I was pissed for a second because my plan didn't work and I lost the game to a random..... but I kinda was happy in a way to learn that there is no get outa jail free card here, I didn't deserve to win, I shoulda tagged before, but I got greedy and lost just like I was suposed to :) In SFIV I could have done that DP and still been alive to make a come back, and would have had a HUGE reward if that random dp wasn't blocked.

Reality Check

World Hero
I think this game still retains some shit I hate.. I think the reversal window is still gigantic for example... but it's not such a huge bother when you can't really FADC to take away the risk of random dp mashing. I even lost a game today because I random DP'd then canceled to tag to escape... I was pissed for a second because my plan didn't work and I lost the game to a random..... but I kinda was happy in a way to learn that there is no get outa jail free card here, I didn't deserve to win, I shoulda tagged before, but I got greedy and lost just like I was suposed to :) In SFIV I could have done that DP and still been alive to make a come back, and would have had a HUGE reward if that random dp wasn't blocked.

Does it have SFIV's reversal window? If it does then I barely noticed. I haven't been blown up by random reversals in this game like I normally do in SFIV.

Also, DPing into tag can be safe if the move has enough blockstun. I know Ken and Akuma's fierce DPs are safe for tag cancelling.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
you are really racking up some useless posts in this thread

i was talking about the gameplay

When I said top to bottom, that included gameplay. How did you think they'd get Tekken and Street Fighter characters to work in the same game without some kind of gimmicks? And your posts are even more useless. Holla at us when you wanna play and not while you're waiting to see.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I really did plan to sit this out, even though everyone is laughing at my hypocrisy.

Hell no man I was really happy to see you ended up getting the game. I was hoping you'd change your mind. Looking forward to playing you PSN guys soon. I'm still not ready haha. I switched to Julia/Marduk yesterday so I'm not ready to embarrass myself online yet.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I just got to sit down in practice mode with this game and WHOA. The combo opportunities are just nuts if you find a team that's creative enough. I decided to pair King with Abel instead of Rolento. Abel and King can do some really interesting stuff especially if you have a full meter. King's knee juggles just set up so many opportunities that it's ridiculous. I recommend that you guys put King on your team and see what you can do.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
When I said top to bottom, that included gameplay. How did you think they'd get Tekken and Street Fighter characters to work in the same game without some kind of gimmicks? And your posts are even more useless. Holla at us when you wanna play and not while you're waiting to see.

you'll play this for five minutes, probably will spend more time posting than playing, and will suck shit like you do at every other game that you feign excitement about

i've never read a single post from you that made a meaningful gameplay contribution, always speaking in generalities. if anyone needs to stfu, it's you

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
You know what bothers me about the game? The character portraits. They're live-action, but they're holding their "look." Law is the biggest offender. If his picture was completely frozen, it'd look okay, I guess, but they have him moving slightly back and forth while holding that ridiculous look on his face. It's like they said "hey Law! We want to see the craziest, most menacing look you can give us, so we can take a real gnarly picture" and instead just hit record and did a video to make him look like a complete asshole.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I thought that last night when I was playing. Law's face looks less like "Come at me bro" and more like "EEEK!! A MOUSE!!"

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
you'll play this for five minutes, probably will spend more time posting than playing, and will suck shit like you do at every other game that you feign excitement about

i've never read a single post from you that made a meaningful gameplay contribution, always speaking in generalities. if anyone needs to stfu, it's you

cool story bro.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
spin doesn't bullshit about tekken, he fucks me up in that game. so dood definitely has some fighting game basics and would probably be at least one of the better fighter players I've played on ng.com.

you probably don't remember galfordo, but I think you were on my xbox live friends list back in the anniversary edition days, so I know you're good at fighters too.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
To be honest, I don't feel the need for yet another fighting game. Cdamm was pretty stoked about it. He was trying to get me to pick up a copy, but I think I'm burnt out. Between SFIV, SSFIV, SSFIVAE, TvC, MvC3, and UMvC3 it's too much. And that's not even counting all the other fighting games that have come out by other developers in the same time.

I find myself buying a new fighting game, learning yet another set of mechanics, getting into it for a bit, and finally boredom sets in and I go back to good old SFIICE.

That and I've got a stupid long backlog that needs tending to. I have no doubt it's at least a decent title. Maybe later.