Street Fighter X Tekken

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Just picked it up today - will probably be on all weekend. 360 GT - Steelbath

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Hot damn this game is fun as fuck. I love it. I just can't afford to buy it right now.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
I had way more fun than ssf4 ae 2012 or mvc3. It may look like ssf4, but it is a different beast. I am liking the tag combos. Even the footsies are pretty good. Jin is awesome. I am liking this new version of him a lot. I also like the fact that he is nothing like the other mishimas. Kazuya is like the easiest tekken character to use. Ryu is still ryu, and I like akuma's combos in this game. Bad ass mother f'ker he is.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Just got this today on PS3 as well - I agree - definitely does not feel like SFIV at all, and is an absolute blast to play! So far I just have had time to go through arcade mode a few times and the tutorial. Did anyone else catch Dan referencing Terry? He goes Are you OK? Buster Wo- on one of the tutorial slides before starting his little spiel

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Loving Bryan's alternate and the throwback to the old NES Megaman cover art.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
This game is an entirely different beast than what I expected. I can't wait to rock both Cody and Poison on the same team.

Is it me, or are the diagonals much more strict in this game. I'm missing shit left and right, and I've tried two different controllers..

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I think I'm going to wait for all of the characters to be released on the 360 version. By the time that happens everybody will have moved onto other games. I'd like to get into it now while it's fresh and new and people are just starting to discover things about it. That and it doesn't play like SFIV which for me is a very good thing. I'm still not too keen on paying 60 bucks for it and another 20-40 to unlock the rest of the characters and costumes.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
This game is an entirely different beast than what I expected. I can't wait to rock both Cody and Poison on the same team.

Is it me, or are the diagonals much more strict in this game. I'm missing shit left and right, and I've tried two different controllers..
I thought it was just my friend's stick and that maybe my stick needed some tuning. When I was using Rolento and trying to combo his rekkas from a crouching medium kick it was like my diagonals weren't getting recognized sometimes and I'd accidentially dash instead of doing his rekkas.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I thought it was just me, but yeah, diagonals are tough here as well, I noticed this issue with rog originally.. I hate how rog plays in this, but I didn't wanna use his linear ass anymore anyways. I'm excited about cody as well

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm finding a lot for me that it's really affecting my jumps - simple stuff. If I want to jump forward or back, maybe 40% of the time I'll neutral jump. It's real annoying. I hope there's a patch for this if it's not a user error.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
taking a wait-and-see approach on this one, looks gimmicky so far imo

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
taking a wait-and-see approach on this one, looks gimmicky so far imo

Of course it looks gimmicky, the whole darn game is a gimmick from top to bottom. I mean come on it's Street Fighter and Tekken characters in the same game, what'd you expect?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The gems seem rather pointless. Not in the sense that they don't do anything, but that they shouldn't be needed at all. That's my only complaint with the game (other than the diagonals).

The game has been beautifully simplified. I find that this allows the player to rely a lot less on execution and more on reading their opponent and reacting. I mean, you can string together auto-combos with lp-mp-hp, or you can press lp+hk and deplete a meter to perform another. Launching and juggling is way more fun than it has any right to be, imo, and it's not as strict as you'd probably think it is. It really is fun, and for as simple as it is, it's still deep and fun.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
i tried rog for the first time last nite, I don't think I will use him..BUT turn around punch goes through fireballs and wall bounces on counter hit! that is awesome... Hyper fighting ROG IS BACK... kinda...

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm going out to meet my dad for dinner later. I'm considering picking the game up at the mall. I feel like I should trade back Soul Calibur V since I really don't have a desire to play it anymore. I'd rather take out my Dreamcast and play normal Soul Cali. I'm still not happy with the 14 characters (Don't have a Triple) but the more good I hear about it NOT playing like Street Fighter IV makes me want to pick it up. Even if I only get a couple of bucks back on SCV and for shits n' giggles I feel like getting 5 bucks back for MVC3 since I have Ultimate, it'll be worth checking the game out while everything is fresh and new.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I'm I the only one who wants a beat 'em up version of this game?

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
The tough execution to pull off certain combos is still there in some cases. I am not very consistent with the mishimas combos that involve comboing a wgf or ewgf from a crouching position(E.g kazuya's C.Mk->WGF). I have tried buffering it like in the old pre-sf4 games with varying results. You sure as hell can't use SF4's dp shortcuts because these are not DPs. It's a tekken style dash into a wgf/ewgf. Someone from SRK said that you can do it by using d/f, hcf + P. It seems to work well for me, but I need to do it consistently and I have to be comfortable pulling it off.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
i'm really enjoying this game.Wasn't expecting something this good. For a moment i would like to see a SFxKOF kind of thing...

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Well, I went to the ol' EB Games at the mall and behind the counter they had two boxes of the special edition on both platforms. I asked the girl if they were taken and she said no and if I'd like one so I took the 360 version. I didn't bother with the training mode yet, so I just started playing arcade mode and fooling around with the characters. It's just like what I remembered from Fight Club. A lot faster and smoother feeling then IV. For me, IV felt stiff and got really strict with certain things and the move shortcuts pissed me off. I've played as Ken since back in SF1 but pressing diagonal twice to get a dragon punch pissed me off, because I'd go to dash in and jab and end up doing the damn uppercut.

So far I like how Juri feels in this. I also like Xaiou because she feels like Xainfei (I can't spell Asian characters names) in Real Bout 2. I'm not used to how the Tekken characters feel, but I like how they gave them a lot of moves to go around projectiles. I'm going to go through the practice modes and trials tomorrow. Overall I really like the look and feel of the game, but I still don't like the whole DLC thing. I'm not going to pass on a good game because they have to nickle and dime for everything.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Of course it looks gimmicky, the whole darn game is a gimmick from top to bottom. I mean come on it's Street Fighter and Tekken characters in the same game, what'd you expect?

you are really racking up some useless posts in this thread

i was talking about the gameplay

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
add me guys PennyKOF99 that's my gamertag on 360, what other game is good? im down for whatever guys, i got 800 points and wanna play like a old school co-op game, anybody wanna start a ng.com community?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
The soundbug is pissing me off, how the hell did this go through quality control? Oh wait its capcom, nevermind.
I don't like how the round is over if you lose one member of your team...what does the other do? Just walk away?