Street Fighter X Tekken

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Yep, DLC is gonna rape:

Boost Gem Pack 1 – $2.99
Includes 9 new gems to equip to your characters.
Boost Gem Pack 2 – $2.99
Includes 9 new gems to equip to your characters.
Color Edit Pack 1 – FREE <--fuckin' better be -_-
Includes 4 new colors to use in the Color Edit mode.
Costume Swap S Pack – $9.99
Includes a new costume for each of the Street Fighter characters, based on a Tekken character.
Costume Swap T Pack – $9.99
Includes a new costume for each of the Tekken characters, based on a Street Fighter character.
Costume Swap X Pack – $15.99
A combination of the S Pack and T Pack – Includes new costumes for each character, based on characters from the opposite series.
New Challengers Pack – $7.99
Adds 4 new characters to the game: Cody, Guy, Christie and Leo.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Yep, DLC is gonna rape:

New Challengers Pack – $7.99
Adds 4 new characters to the game: Cody, Guy, Christie and Leo.

When was this announced? I looked on SRK and Event Scrubs and didn't see this listed.

But I called it last night, 8 bucks for four characters. Two Tekken and two Capcom. They'll do that till they get to Mega Man and Pac-Man on the 360 which will be 400 points since their "guest characters". So that's an extra 24 dollars to unlock the 12 extras and another four or five to get Pac and Mega if you're on the 360.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
as per usual I will only buy characters if anything at all.

maybe gems if I end up playing this game hardcore down the line and the effect is more significant than it is to me now.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
well whatever,...it's playable... fuck audio!... if I could mute KOFXIII to make it playable online I would do it too.

Amen. I have my sound coming through headphones through the A/V out instead of real speakers also, so that may be a difference. Honestly , I only put the headphones on my ears when I'm playing the stage with the remixed Final Fight music haha. The rest of the time they're around my neck loud enough for me to barely hear because it just feels so weird to only have music from one ear. Drives me insane.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
When was this announced?

Capcom leak. Yeah you were right, at least it wasn't what I thought they'd do with 800MSP for -two-

I don't mind the audio glitching but it should've been a Day 1 fix since these discs are printed a month prior to release.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Jesus! That DLC stuff is nuts. I just wanna play the game, if I get addicted none stop to it, then I might consider getting extra DLC specially extra characters but I never bought into it on SFIV so whateves, let them pump it out and I'll just take what I like, no need to have it all.

Reality Check

World Hero
I stopped being annoyed by the audio fuck ups when playing online. Thankfully, I never replied on sound to nail my combos so it don't bother me. Frame drops and slowdown are my biggest problems with online

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
The netcode is amazing in this shit. I felt like I was playing offline, don't like the sound omission, but I can sac the shit for solid reaction. Solid netcode, best I've played so far.

complex, this make this our new shit.
KOF XIII is unplayable frustrating trash online and i'm not playing it anymore until they release aversion with ggpo, its gtfo till then.

Last edited:

Reality Check

World Hero
It's amazing how many people I see saying that SFIV netcode is better because there no frame drops and there's no sound glitch. it baffles me that people want horrible input delay over this.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I swear whenever a new game comes out there is this huge vocal group who has the exact opposite experience that I have.

people swore by MVC3's netcode(terrible) and hated on third strike online's netcode LOL.... fact is there is just alot of fucking stupid people who like to complain out there I think.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Jesus! That DLC stuff is nuts. I just wanna play the game, if I get addicted none stop to it, then I might consider getting extra DLC specially extra characters but I never bought into it on SFIV so whateves, let them pump it out and I'll just take what I like, no need to have it all.

Oh don't get me wrong I love the game, but that in of itself is just plain wtf. Are you playing on 360 or PStriple?

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
today i this
2012-03-07_22-35-07_653.jpg

cannonball

15 Year Member
I'm excited and disappointed at the same time for Hugo. The damage is huge with easy 500+ dmg meterless BnBs, but his moonsault press doesn't have any range to it like in 3rd strike. LP,MP,HP 360s all have same range and damage. Quite a lot of start up on the move too. similar situation for ultra throw. Some 3S grab setups still work, but others don't seem to from my testing so far. Looks like a lot of his game is going to revolve around the lariat. Just my .02 after spending a couple hours with him in training mode last night.

I would consider Hugo broken if he actually did have good range and start up on his grabs. So, I can understand why this is the case. I'd rather have the grabs than huge damage combos though. Just the way I like to play Hugo.

Still not sure on a point character to pair with him, although I'm going to hit the training room with Kazuya tonight and see what's what.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I will be online a little later throughout the day. Message me if you want to play. I will be in the lab.

psn - yeldarbthetitan

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
I would consider Hugo broken if he actually did have good range and start up on his grabs. So, I can understand why this is the case. I'd rather have the grabs than huge damage combos though. Just the way I like to play Hugo.

Still not sure on a point character to pair with him, although I'm going to hit the training room with Kazuya tonight and see what's what.

Hugo is the character I'm most interested in and I'm following the character thread for him over on shoryuken. You pretty much hit the nail on the head with the sentiment that he'd be broken if he had good range on his grabs. His pairing with a proper point character is definitely key in making him effective from what I've been reading. Need a way to build meter and then switch him in so he can be in range to do damage.

It's early though, so I'm sure more will surface. Sounds like he's less of a straight up grappler and simply more reliant on his BnBs. If you want a grappler, Gief seems to be the choice over Hugo.

Last edited:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I haven't really messed with hugo but I want to learn a grappler in this game just to punish people for tech rolling really hard.

been playing with kazuya, I don't have that solid of a gameplan but his combos are beefy has hell.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Well so far, I've settled on hwoarang and kuma

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I can only seem to find the ps3 version and I didn't bring my ps3 stick with me. For the last year I've only bought fighters for xbox since the online experience is always better. The game stores only have burnt xbox games, and they told me they can't order em. What the hell? I guess I'm gonna have to go with Play-Asia.

Guess it doesn't really matter, I don't even have a tv yet.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Hi everyone, this is Ayano.
With Street Fighter X Tekken going on sale today in Japan, I suspect a lot of you out there are busy training up your skills! However, we are aware of the sound issues that occur when playing matches online.
The new netcode implemented in Street Fighter X Tekken allows for up to 4 players to have a smooth online experience, however depending on the connection stability between players, things like “spontaneous match rollback,” “voice effects cutting out,” and “sound effects cutting out” also are occurring. This netcode is written in a completely different way than the Street Fighter IV series netcode, and that is why these problems are occurring.
As Street Fighter X Tekken is a tag battle game, the amount of data that is exchanged between player connections is a lot more than the normal 1v1 battles of the Street Fighter IV series. In order to compensate for this and provide a smooth gameplay experience, the netcode was written the way it currently is. Unfortunately, this has also brought on the sound problems we are having now.
In order to completely fix all the sound issues, the smoothness of the online gameplay has to be traded off, so it is a very complicated and difficult balancing act. We would like everyone to know that the development team is currently looking at various ways to improve the sound issues.
We will have additional updates on this and other things soon, so please stay tuned. Thank you all for your understanding.
That’s it from me. Everyone please enjoy Street Fighter X Tekken.
See you all next blog!

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/08/street-fighter-x-tekken-complete-costume-gallery/

Here's a look at the costumes and colors you'll have to pay for as well. Lots of cool ones. I love how the back of the Mokojin mech has a working Pac-Man maze on it.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
running through the missions has helped learn how to play with gems. The gems aren't that harmful to the game at all, though truth be told I forget about them half the time.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Looks like I'm gonna roll with Kazuya/Hugo for now. Kazuya has some good potential. Cancelling into his mist step move took some getting used to due to the neutral motion thrown in to the DP, but damn is that a killer move. Ducks most projectiles giving you more options for getting in.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/08/street-fighter-x-tekken-complete-costume-gallery/

Here's a look at the costumes and colors you'll have to pay for as well. Lots of cool ones. I love how the back of the Mokojin mech has a working Pac-Man maze on it.

Some of those costumes are really cool. I love the Kuma teddy bear haha.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
this game is what sfiv should have been, kuma is so fun to use. The juggling isnt braindead anymore either