Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Mustaine endorses the frothy mix

is so full of shit, seriously. Popcornhole Sutton's Avatar

Dave Mustaine endorses the frothy mix

Hold on to love

What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog. Gone but not forgotten :buttorck:

Poor Dave,

Crackhead holy roller.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrochiEddie View Post
    our flame wars have become smarter. More tactical. Like the CIA of Trolling

Horshack‎
    FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Abasuto View Post
    Poor Dave
    Yup. I love Megadeth but Dave is crazy as fuck.
    "... damned hungry hot"

Mustaine should of died after Countdown to Extinction. He'd of been remembered as a rock legend.

Since that album it's just been a downward spiral of his life, image and music.

They call him "Mr. Windy". wataru330's Avatar
    C'mon, abs. He ain't *all* bad. Some of the best man-hair on a 50+ year-old I've ever seen.

;^)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
    Innocence gave me confidence, to go up against reality...
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c68/wataru330
    Analog_Delivery_System

*when you absolutely, positively,
    must rock every person in the room*

whinny little kid
    why r teens so angry
    needs sectz
    I knew there was a reason I haven't liked metal since I was 13
    Quote Originally Posted by GregN
    By this time, I had to piss really bad, my dad was close, but I wouldn't be able to get to a gas station to piss for awhile. What the fuck do I do? I talk to my Dad and said - Why not just go on the side of the road?" "Too risky. I told him. I risk indecent exposure." "Do you have an empty can or bottle." "Yea, I said - an empty coke bottle." "Just use that." Good idea, I thought. I got in the back seat, pissed in the bottle and dumped it on the side of the road.

Frontman?!

Moarliek: FROTHMAN for Megadeath, amirite?

Can't Get
    No Further
    Mustaine should of died after Countdown to Extinction. He'd of been remembered as a rock legend.

End Game was very good.

Did you listen to it?

http://www.slashnet.org/webclient/neo-geo.com - Neo-Geo.com Slash Chat, where everyone is welcome (except for Jassin) we talk about video games, we have fun, and tech help can be found for you arcade cab owners. Join up today!

Aero Fighters Flyboy

I don't know about that. Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings are both incredible albums I can listen to from start to finish and enjoy every song. Honestly, I don't feel like the band's sound started to suffer until Risk, and even that wasn't all that bad. From what I've heard of Thirteen, it's a very good album that brings the clean production values of their post-Cryptic Writings era albums together with the thrash heavy sound of their earlier albums. It's a good mix.

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Politics

Over his career, Mustaine has made comments about politics in the US and internationally. In a confrontational 1988 interview with Sounds journalist Roy Wilkinson, Mustaine said, "If I were President of the United States, I'd build a great wall along the Mexican border and not let anybody in. ... The beauty is gone when you see Americans sleeping on sidewalks and it makes me sick to to think we have assh---s in this country letting f--king Mexicans in. Who needs this s--t?"[30]

In 1988, Mustaine caused a riot when Megadeth played a concert in Northern Ireland after he "unwittingly" expressed support for the Irish Republican Army (IRA) regarding the problems between Northern Ireland's Catholic and Protestant communities.[32][33] This incident occurred amid a period of turmoil in the province known as the Troubles.

In 1992 Mustaine covered the Democratic National Convention for MTV.[34] He went on to vote for President Bill Clinton.[35]

In 2004, Mustaine said he would vote for President Bush because John Kerry would "ruin our country."[36] In 2011, he called President Obama "the most divisive president we've ever had. I've never, in my 50 years of being alive, listened to an American president try and turn one class of people against another class of people."[37]

In 2009, Mustaine discussed the influence Alex Jones' films and ideas have had him and his music.[38] Specifically, Mustaine said that he wrote the album Endgame based on Jones' Endgame film in order "to educate his fans and the general public about the conspiracy behind the march towards global government."[39]

In February 2012, Mustaine endorsed conservative politician Rick Santorum's campaign for President of the United States, saying "You know, I think Santorum has some presidential qualities and I'm hoping that if it does come down to it, we'll see a Republican in the White House...and that it's Rick Santorum." Mustaine pointed to Santorum's temporary suspension of his campaign to be with his sick daughter as the act that gained his attention and respect. He expressed his hope that Santorum would win the nomination but stated that regardless of the results he would be voting against a second term for President Barack Obama, "I can't bear to watch what's happened to our great country. Everybody's got their head in the sand. Everybody in the industry is like, 'Oh, Obama's doing such a great job...' I dont think so. Not from what I see."[40][41] Mustaine's position was seen by many as a switch from his politics during the George H.W. Bush administration when Mustaine acted as a reporter for MTV News during the Democratic National Convention in 1992, and was seen as leaning to the political left due to the lyrics of "Foreclosure of a Dream."[42]
    Good stuff.

Undomesticated Primate. Trying to preserve La Raza.

Dave Mustaine's biography is a real good read. The guy is obviously unstable, and I believe he's slightly aware of it, too. It's funny, I hadn't seen the dude since his VH1 special aired in 2001, and I think, maybe in 2010, I saw him again in an interview, and it's like the guy aged 40 years in that time span. He looks really bad. I can't see his eyes, and that makes me uncomfortable - like he has no soul, or he's hiding something. I don't trust the guy.

Peace Sells... is their best album, imo.. followed closely with Rust in Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    I'll never condone drunk driving either, but the villification is completely out of hand.
    Cheese is near the top of the list of 'things I wish I knew more about'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Popcornhole Sutton View Post
    In all seriousness, I thank god I'm not a cuckold.

Mickey's Coach
    I think everyone has at some point in their life known someone like Mustaine. Thus an easy assumption can be made about all people: the slow-witted of us take note their remarks, and the more cerebrally nimble of us completely disregard everything that comes out of their mouths.

Hunting 4 Charlie

there is no coming back from "Crush em"

Dave's entire life can be summed up as "I'm still pissed I got kicked out of Metallica"

Aero Fighters Flyboy
    Dave's entire life can be summed up as "I'm still pissed I got kicked out of Metallica"
    Meh, I don't know why he would be. Megadeth puts out music today that is leagues better than the hillbilly metal Metallica has been shitting out since the late '90s.

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
    Dave Mustaine is awesome.

Can't Get
    No Further
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadPixels View Post
    Meh, I don't know why he would be. Megadeth puts out music today that is leagues better than the hillbilly metal Metallica has been shitting out since the late '90s.
    My thought too.

Actually TBH, I don't think Metallica has been worth a shit in over 20 years.

I'm just amazed at how many people think they are better than Megadeth.

http://www.slashnet.org/webclient/neo-geo.com - Neo-Geo.com Slash Chat, where everyone is welcome (except for Jassin) we talk about video games, we have fun, and tech help can be found for you arcade cab owners. Join up today!

They call him "Mr. Windy". wataru330's Avatar
    Metallica hasn't been erm, Metallica since ...And Justice For All.

Interestingly enough, that is the last LP w/ any Burton input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
    Innocence gave me confidence, to go up against reality...
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c68/wataru330
    Analog_Delivery_System

*when you absolutely, positively,
    must rock every person in the room*

Can't Get
    No Further
    Quote Originally Posted by wataru330 View Post
    Metallica hasn't been erm, Metallica since ...And Justice For All.

Interestingly enough, that is the last LP w/ any Burton input.
    Which is exactly why I can't figure out what it is that makes people so crazed about Metallica in 2012.

Good god, it was all over once the bus crashed.

Krizalid's Fashion Designer
    Metallica last album was...... Better

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPixels View Post
    Meh, I don't know why he would be.
    Read his book. That band was the first place he ever considered "home." That was his sanctuary. He goes into details about how bitter he feels. When he got kicked out, they put him on a fucking bus that took 4 or 5 days to finally get him back to LA. They took months to ship his gear back. While he was riding a bus, they flew Kirk on a plane. Imagine knowing you're sitting on a bus, with no money (because they put you on without any), smelling like shit, having to pan-handle just to eat, all while some guy that took your spot is in a room, practicing your leads, to put out an album (that you said you didn't want your music to be used) that ushered in a genre that took everybody by storm, all while getting next to no credit.

That's enough to piss anybody off, but not for 30 years. That's where all the shit-talking came out. James flat-out said that Dave was an awful guitar player, and whenever he would try to be "brilliant" it was a disaster. I could write a book on all the shit Lars has said. Also take into account that when Metallica took off, it took Megadeth almost 5 years to catch up, of sorts. Playing smelly-ass shit-holes, while everybody screams "METALLICA!!!" everywhere you go just to piss you off (and it does) - that shit can really fuck a person up, especially if you're unstable as he is.

Then when they were inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame, they invited Dave, but he couldn't be on stage because he "didn't play on any of the albums." How about the fact that he wrote almost half of Kill 'em All? Metallica could've easily have said "listen, this guy was instrumental in the creation of this band, and, without him, who knows if we would be where we are today" and fought for that.

This is a pretty good insight, taken from his book:

Imagine my shock when Metallica's debut album, Kill 'Em All, was released in the summer of 1983, and four of my songs were included: "The Four Horsemen" (formerly "Mechanix"), "Jump in the Fire," "Phantom Lord," and "Metal Militia." The same four songs that had been included on the No Life Till Leather demo. The writing credits were altered to reflect changes made in the songs during the recording process, and, I can only speculate, to minimize my contribution. Each of these songs was primarily mine, and yet James or Lars (or both) took a share of the credit for all four songs. On each, my name was placed last, so that songwriting credit for "Jump in the Fire," for example, reads as follows: Hetfield/Ulrich/Mustaine.

I listened to these songs with a blend of wonder and indignation. I couldn't believe they would use my songs after throwing me out of the band. They never contacted me, never asked my permission. They just did it. To suggest that the modifications made to these songs somehow reflect a collegial atmosphere or a more balanced division of labor is equally inaccurate. The day after I was dismissed from Metallica, Kirk Hammett was in New York, taking my place at the Music Building, auditioning for my role in the band, and mimicking the blistering lead guitar solos I had created, solos that stand today as the genesis of thrash metal.

But, like I said before, Dave Mustaine is still slightly self-aware. He admits many times that he shouldn't be so angry at them, and it's merely the same as "driving your BMW next to another at a light and being bothered because theirs has a higher number than yours." That's got to suck - being so fucking angry, knowing most of it is irrational, and then not being able to do anything about it anyway.

wooo, look at that tangent
    I'll never condone drunk driving either, but the villification is completely out of hand.

Also - mother fucker, doesn't Dave Mustaine now that Rick Santorum declared war on heavy metal?

Mickey's Coach
    If Mustaine had all that anger, he should have just found the few members of the band that have the pills for a good, old fashioned beating. I mean, if you’ve got someone making tons off of your material, well, that just has to result in a good round of savagery. I imagine Hetfield likes to believe he’s hard, so it shouldn’t have been too difficult to lure him into a manly exchange of insurance providers.

that site was full of fail. wtf...
    " Of all the frictionless resistances, ignorance most retards human movement." Tesla

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467

Dave doesn't need anybody to help him fight. Another good story from his book:

Although he looked the part of a gunslinger, James wasn't big on confrontation either. One night I went to the Mabuhay Gardens, a nightclub in North Beach colloquially known as the "Old Mabuhay," with James and his girlfriend. While we were waiting outside for the club to open, a girl came running out of a nearby alleyway, flailing her arms and screaming at the top of her lungs.

"He broke my nose! He broke my nose!"

I had no idea who she was or what had happened. And I didn't care. Instantly I felt the rush of adrenaline you get before a fight. I looked at James, didn't say a word. I just smiled, and I could tell what he was probably thinking.

Oh, what's this crazy fucker gonna do now?

Finally, I touched him on the shoulder and said, "Let's go, dude!"

So we ventured into the alley, hardly able to see a thing. I was quiet, but behind me, James was grunting, snorting, yelping half-baked threats.

"Gonna kill you, motherfucker!"

I almost laughed. James wasn't so much threatening anyone as he was whistling past the graveyard. You know, like you did when you were a kid, trying to convince yourself that you weren't afraid of anything when in reality you were about to shit your pants.

At the end of the alleyway was a parked van. As we drew near, with James still yelling, the driver's-side door opened, and out stepped this big son of a bitch.

"Which one of you assholes wants to kill me?" he said, the look on his face signaling either inebriation or a complete lack of fear. Maybe both.

Before I could respond, James took a quick step backward and yelled, "He does!"

I turned around to see James pointing at me.

Thanks a lot, brother . . .

There wasn't time for an explanation. The big guy lunged at me, and as he moved forward, I opened my hand, thumb pointing down, and grabbed the back of his neck. Then I swept his foot out from underneath him, threw him on the ground, and started rabbit-punching his head until he was unconscious.

A few minutes later the cops arrived and took the guy away in handcuffs. James and I went back to hanging out in front of the club, acting like nothing had happened, but inside I was pretty shaken up. When I woke the next morning my hand was swollen and sore, like I'd punched a wall. When James asked me if I was okay, I just nodded. We never talked explicitly about the way that incident unfolded. There was no point. We are who we are. And I accepted James as such.

Thread Information