Hi Everyone!

phipscube

n00b
I joined up last May and have been lurking for a while reading up on all the cool mods that can be done, and applying some of them to my AES. And now I decided to introduce myself :)

I first Played a Neo Geo MVS that appeared in my local Arcade (Sun Spot) in my original home town of Hull in the UK, way back in 1990, I was 15 so not technically allowed in the place as it had fruit machines, but I often sneaked in to get some play time in on the arcades. The operators often cast a blind eye as long as I didn't "cross the line" to the gambling machines :D

I first played Magician Lord and it blew me away. The other games were NAM, TPG and BBS. It was a US 4 slot cab (the Red one) I dreamt about that awesome machine and one day i'd love to own one. (But I need a basement, or at least a spare room, The wife would kill me if I trundled one into our living room on a sack barrow! :D )

Soon after I discovered the home AES version of the Neo (In ACE Magazine) and from then dreamed of owning one. not sure why it took me 21 years to finally own one, but well, now I do and I love it!

I discovered Xian Xi's Awesome Jamma Nation X site and bought an S-Video Mod kit and a few other bits n bobs, Also followed a few of the cool mods on there and got my Neo Geo AES Overclocked. Then found Razoola's incredible UniBIOS and got me one of those too.

My system is all tricked up now and raring to play :)

I've bought a few cheap NOS games to get me started (Some, Like Magician Lord and Alpha Mission 2 being some of my faves anyway). I'd like to start buying some of the more desirable games now though. I'm very much a gamer rather than full on collector, but I Iike my games to be complete and in nice condition so I maybe fall in-between Gamer and collector somewhere.

I was given a NGPC by one of my firends when visiting back home last October as well, It came with Sonic and SvC Millenium Battle. I've started buying more games for it too.

I'd like to get an NGCD at some point, and i'm still undecided on if I should get an MVS board, or a converter for my AES (space constraints being the main reason why i'm debating, otherwise it would be MVS 1 slot hands down).

As far as the net is concerned, i'm a regular over on www.amibay.com. I own a tricked out (own modded) A1200 with PPC and a load of other mad hacks added. I love the Amiga, its an awesome computer. I've attended R3play as a part of the Amibay team and intend to do so in the future too.

Anyway, I tend to blarb on a bit so sorry for the essay.

Cheers! :shredder:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Welcome

and

when the fuck did we get the shredder emoticon? I always had to link from my website.

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Welcome mate. Wow, you really pimped out your AES there! Takes me back reading your story about ACE magazine (I used to love C&VG and Mean Machines for all my import games info!). Anyways like I said welcome, I'm sure you will love it here.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
welcome, nice to see a die hard here.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
does that mean we got a guy who wants to talk games here? my table just tilted.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Clean up on Aisle 3. Cdamm made a mess.

phipscube

n00b
Thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

welcom to NG and prepare for your wallet to take a beating :D

Yeah, I've been revving it up for the last 6 months :D I only plan to buy 1 game every 2 months once I start with the pricey carts. And I put a limit on spends per game to $200. If it goes over that, i'm buying the MVS or CD version.

Welcome

and

when the fuck did we get the shredder emoticon? I always had to link from my website.

I could never shred like that in real life, awesome emoticon. Tell you what though, I can't find a drinking beer one!? WTF? I'm lost!

Welcome mate. Wow, you really pimped out your AES there! Takes me back reading your story about ACE magazine (I used to love C&VG and Mean Machines for all my import games info!). Anyways like I said welcome, I'm sure you will love it here.

I like to hack and tweak a bit if its possible, sometimes I got over the top but I have fun :) A.C.E Was a fucking awesome mag, real shame it finished. I got C&VG and Mean Machines as well but the attitude of Jaz Rignal and his crew towards the Neo Geo used to piss me off a bit TBH, it was like "Oh, this game is $200, its a great game, but we'll give it 39%.. coz, guh'huh... its $200". I liked RAZE Magazine too, it was good an unbiased with reviews and articles. Since then mags went down the shitter. Retro Gamer is cool though :)

does that mean we got a guy who wants to talk games here? my table just tilted.

Aye! Games! I like Beer too = Good times! I'm taking my Neo to an event here in DK that goes on every 6 months or so (Syd Sjæellands Konsole Træf, or SSKT for short, its number 8 at end of this month, Juggernaut on here organises it through play.rite.dk). We gather up on a Friday with our machines and TV's Etc. then take over a basement for 3 days solid and just game and get shed faced! No wives or kids or anything to get in the way! its quite awesome. *Drinking Beer Emoticon here*