Samurai Shodown 64 - Videos Inside!!!

HANZO

As promised, I have made a couple of new videos showcasing some Slash combos. For now I got Kazuki Kazama, Ukyo Tachibana and my first video capture from way back when of Hanzo. I got a couple more vids that I will upload later this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL02EDF6AC01891247

Subscribe if you want, I will upload more.

You can check out my other videos in the meantime too if you wish. Got some funny online moments with friends.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Very cool. Can you type out the command list for some of these combos?

HANZO

Ah shucks there's really nothing to it :P

All I did really was timing my ultimate combos by hitting C+D together. The trick is to time it properly so that your final hit finishes them off.

Here's the tidbit on how the Ultimate Combo works. (I took this from GameFaqs)

- - Ultimate Combo - -

The ultimate combo are activated by pressing the buttons CD together , you will
be able to do a cotinuous combo attack on your opponent by pressing A 5 times
and then press B all way until your character does the finishing move or you can
press A all the way . The same thing goes to the B button . You can either press
B 5 times then A all the way till you character does the finishing move or B all
the way . However , the CD attack must hit your opponent . The ultimate combo
can be halted but under what circumstances it can be stopped i am not very sure .
One more thing if you use the Ultimate Combo , it will also deduct your stamina
bar .

EDIT: The Ultimate Combo can be stopped. I believe if the opponent hits Back in between the combo set, it can cancel the attack. You can see in one of my vids towards the end Hanzo does this (with such finese mind you lol)

Last edited:
Wow this game looks really fun. I usually play the other ones at my local arcade. I think i might try to get this from some where.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Wow this game looks really fun. I usually play the other ones at my local arcade. I think i might try to get this from some where.

Good luck finding an arcade that has it. It doesn't work in MAME.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Getting the hardware isn't hard however SS64 seems to be quite the elusive cart.

SSS

neo retired
Oh the days when Vektorlogic had a surplus of new hyper kits

slerch666

updyke,
I'd sell my SS64 cart. I don't think anyone has enough money for it though. "Out of my cold, dead hands" comes to mind...

And yeah, bought my 4 fighter carts and Hyper motherboard from Vektorlogic. Think it was $250 shipped for it all.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'd sell my SS64 cart. I don't think anyone has enough money for it though. "Out of my cold, dead hands" comes to mind...

And yeah, bought my 4 fighter carts and Hyper motherboard from Vektorlogic. Think it was $250 shipped for it all.

Is the first one really that outrageous? I could have sworn I saw it here last year with a mobo for kinda on the cheap side, and I'm sure it wasn't warriors rage.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The first one in complete kit is hard to find compared to the other fighters but it does pop up once in a great while. I'm guessing they didn't make that many.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The first one in complete kit is hard to find compared to the other fighters but it does pop up once in a great while. I'm guessing they didn't make that many.

I am guessing that many of the ones that were made are now dead. Hyper carts die, maybe due to voltage issues, not sure. But I had this happen with FFWA years ago.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I am guessing that many of the ones that were made are now dead. Hyper carts die, maybe due to voltage issues, not sure. But I had this happen with FFWA years ago.

I've never came across a dead one. I did get one from Waseem as he thought it was dead but turned out that it was just a dirty connector. The Hyper connectors are such a bitch to clean. Once it was cleaned up, it booted right up.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I've never came across a dead one. I did get one from Waseem as he thought it was dead but turned out that it was just a dirty connector. The Hyper connectors are such a bitch to clean. Once it was cleaned up, it booted right up.

maybe my FFWA was dirty then. Not sure since it was from VL, new at the time, but who knows.

slerch666

updyke,
Is the first one really that outrageous? I could have sworn I saw it here last year with a mobo for kinda on the cheap side, and I'm sure it wasn't warriors rage.
Is it outrageous? I don't know. All I know is MINE would be outrageously priced. It's a full kit (box, game, move stickers). But it's not because it's a full kit that I'd charge too much for it — I just really like the game. Though the second was better.

Still wonder why SNKP can't just give us a HNG 64 collection and put everything on a single DVD and sell it. Shit, do a HNG 64 collection for Live and PSN. Done.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Is it outrageous? I don't know. All I know is MINE would be outrageously priced. It's a full kit (box, game, move stickers). But it's not because it's a full kit that I'd charge too much for it — I just really like the game. Though the second was better.

Still wonder why SNKP can't just give us a HNG 64 collection and put everything on a single DVD and sell it. Shit, do a HNG 64 collection for Live and PSN. Done.

I don't think the games aged well at all, but I would still buy into this.

slerch666

updyke,
I don't disagree — they have not aged well. The games are ass ugly. Gameplay is OK, but nothing amazing. The problem is, they are SNK and they are still fun to play. For me at least.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My cart is loose and pretty rusty. Bought it years ago for pretry cheap. Works fine.

SSS

neo retired
Hyper games could definitely benefit from a proper emulator with an anti aliasing setting

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't disagree — they have not aged well. The games are ass ugly. Gameplay is OK, but nothing amazing. The problem is, they are SNK and they are still fun to play. For me at least.

Asura Zanmaden is still fun. I don't think the rest of them are.

In particular, B1 is too clunky and slow. The concept was great. I mean really spot on. But it was just too slow and rigid.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Asura Zanmaden is still fun. I don't think the rest of them are.

In particular, B1 is too clunky and slow. The concept was great. I mean really spot on. But it was just too slow and rigid.

I think if the system was a success, a B1 sequel would have been the right speed.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It definitely would have, but the hardware wasn't as important to keep as the company behind it. B2 could have been on the Naomi or atomiswave (not the psx...) and still given us what B1 did not. I liked what SNK was going for with the hyper games. I don't think the hardware was good enough.

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,
I have always liked the Hyper games. It was the first arcade board that I bought. I wish that the system had been a good success because we would have saw more games for the system come out. Still I am a fan of both of the Samurai Shodown games.