Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Samurai Shodown 64 - Videos Inside!!!

  1. #1

    HANZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Feudal Japan

    Posts
    79

    icon35.gif Samurai Shodown 64 - Videos Inside!!!

    As promised, I have made a couple of new videos showcasing some Slash combos. For now I got Kazuki Kazama, Ukyo Tachibana and my first video capture from way back when of Hanzo. I got a couple more vids that I will upload later this weekend.

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL02EDF6AC01891247

    Subscribe if you want, I will upload more.

    You can check out my other videos in the meantime too if you wish. Got some funny online moments with friends.

  2. #2
    Camel Slug
    NeoEsZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri

    Posts
    698
    Very cool. Can you type out the command list for some of these combos?

  3. #3

    HANZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Feudal Japan

    Posts
    79
    Ah shucks there's really nothing to it :P

    All I did really was timing my ultimate combos by hitting C+D together. The trick is to time it properly so that your final hit finishes them off.

    Here's the tidbit on how the Ultimate Combo works. (I took this from GameFaqs)

    - - Ultimate Combo - -

    The ultimate combo are activated by pressing the buttons CD together , you will
    be able to do a cotinuous combo attack on your opponent by pressing A 5 times
    and then press B all way until your character does the finishing move or you can
    press A all the way . The same thing goes to the B button . You can either press
    B 5 times then A all the way till you character does the finishing move or B all
    the way . However , the CD attack must hit your opponent . The ultimate combo
    can be halted but under what circumstances it can be stopped i am not very sure .
    One more thing if you use the Ultimate Combo , it will also deduct your stamina
    bar .

    EDIT: The Ultimate Combo can be stopped. I believe if the opponent hits Back in between the combo set, it can cancel the attack. You can see in one of my vids towards the end Hanzo does this (with such finese mind you lol)
    Last edited by HANZO; 02-04-2012 at 08:37 PM.

  4. #4
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Piscataway, nj

    Posts
    2
    Wow this game looks really fun. I usually play the other ones at my local arcade. I think i might try to get this from some where.

  5. #5
    JammaNationX
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    27,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilstar22 View Post
    Wow this game looks really fun. I usually play the other ones at my local arcade. I think i might try to get this from some where.
    Good luck finding an arcade that has it. It doesn't work in MAME.

  6. #6
    neo retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    US

    Posts
    10,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    Good luck finding an arcade that has it. It doesn't work in MAME.
    Well, it kind of works in MAME. 3D graphics are emulated. No sound and backgrounds 2d stuff needs more work

  7. #7
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    AUST

    Posts
    10,081
    Getting the hardware isn't hard however SS64 seems to be quite the elusive cart.



    Now featuring Aussie Tunes!

  8. #8
    neo retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    US

    Posts
    10,816
    Oh the days when Vektorlogic had a surplus of new hyper kits

  9. #9
    updyke
    slerch666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD, USA

    Posts
    8,986
    I'd sell my SS64 cart. I don't think anyone has enough money for it though. "Out of my cold, dead hands" comes to mind...

    And yeah, bought my 4 fighter carts and Hyper motherboard from Vektorlogic. Think it was $250 shipped for it all.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT: Inquire Within

  10. #10
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Islandô

    Posts
    11,159
    Quote Originally Posted by slerch666 View Post
    I'd sell my SS64 cart. I don't think anyone has enough money for it though. "Out of my cold, dead hands" comes to mind...

    And yeah, bought my 4 fighter carts and Hyper motherboard from Vektorlogic. Think it was $250 shipped for it all.
    Is the first one really that outrageous? I could have sworn I saw it here last year with a mobo for kinda on the cheap side, and I'm sure it wasn't warriors rage.

  11. #11
    JammaNationX
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    27,482
    The first one in complete kit is hard to find compared to the other fighters but it does pop up once in a great while. I'm guessing they didn't make that many.

  12. #12
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Islandô

    Posts
    11,159
    Well crap, I was hoping to find a loosey sometime soon

  13. #13
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    The first one in complete kit is hard to find compared to the other fighters but it does pop up once in a great while. I'm guessing they didn't make that many.
    I am guessing that many of the ones that were made are now dead. Hyper carts die, maybe due to voltage issues, not sure. But I had this happen with FFWA years ago.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  14. #14
    JammaNationX
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    27,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Crews View Post
    I am guessing that many of the ones that were made are now dead. Hyper carts die, maybe due to voltage issues, not sure. But I had this happen with FFWA years ago.
    I've never came across a dead one. I did get one from Waseem as he thought it was dead but turned out that it was just a dirty connector. The Hyper connectors are such a bitch to clean. Once it was cleaned up, it booted right up.

  15. #15
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    I've never came across a dead one. I did get one from Waseem as he thought it was dead but turned out that it was just a dirty connector. The Hyper connectors are such a bitch to clean. Once it was cleaned up, it booted right up.
    maybe my FFWA was dirty then. Not sure since it was from VL, new at the time, but who knows.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  16. #16
    updyke
    slerch666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD, USA

    Posts
    8,986
    Quote Originally Posted by kidpanda View Post
    Is the first one really that outrageous? I could have sworn I saw it here last year with a mobo for kinda on the cheap side, and I'm sure it wasn't warriors rage.
    Is it outrageous? I don't know. All I know is MINE would be outrageously priced. It's a full kit (box, game, move stickers). But it's not because it's a full kit that I'd charge too much for it — I just really like the game. Though the second was better.

    Still wonder why SNKP can't just give us a HNG 64 collection and put everything on a single DVD and sell it. Shit, do a HNG 64 collection for Live and PSN. Done.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT: Inquire Within

  17. #17
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,519
    Quote Originally Posted by slerch666 View Post
    Is it outrageous? I don't know. All I know is MINE would be outrageously priced. It's a full kit (box, game, move stickers). But it's not because it's a full kit that I'd charge too much for it — I just really like the game. Though the second was better.

    Still wonder why SNKP can't just give us a HNG 64 collection and put everything on a single DVD and sell it. Shit, do a HNG 64 collection for Live and PSN. Done.
    I don't think the games aged well at all, but I would still buy into this.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  18. #18
    updyke
    slerch666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD, USA

    Posts
    8,986
    I don't disagree — they have not aged well. The games are ass ugly. Gameplay is OK, but nothing amazing. The problem is, they are SNK and they are still fun to play. For me at least.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT: Inquire Within

  19. #19

    Neo Alec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    7,580
    My cart is loose and pretty rusty. Bought it years ago for pretry cheap. Works fine.

  20. #20
    neo retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    US

    Posts
    10,816
    Hyper games could definitely benefit from a proper emulator with an anti aliasing setting

  21. #21
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,519
    Quote Originally Posted by slerch666 View Post
    I don't disagree — they have not aged well. The games are ass ugly. Gameplay is OK, but nothing amazing. The problem is, they are SNK and they are still fun to play. For me at least.
    Asura Zanmaden is still fun. I don't think the rest of them are.

    In particular, B1 is too clunky and slow. The concept was great. I mean really spot on. But it was just too slow and rigid.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  22. #22
    JammaNationX
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    27,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Crews View Post
    Asura Zanmaden is still fun. I don't think the rest of them are.

    In particular, B1 is too clunky and slow. The concept was great. I mean really spot on. But it was just too slow and rigid.
    I think if the system was a success, a B1 sequel would have been the right speed.

  23. #23
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,519
    It definitely would have, but the hardware wasn't as important to keep as the company behind it. B2 could have been on the Naomi or atomiswave (not the psx...) and still given us what B1 did not. I liked what SNK was going for with the hyper games. I don't think the hardware was good enough.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  24. #24
    JammaNationX
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    27,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Crews View Post
    I don't think the hardware was good enough.
    I agree 3D-wise but that system had some beautiful 2D stuff as you probably saw in SS64:WR.

  25. #25
    Kula's Can
    CheapNeoGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Decatur, AL

    Posts
    310
    I have always liked the Hyper games. It was the first arcade board that I bought. I wish that the system had been a good success because we would have saw more games for the system come out. Still I am a fan of both of the Samurai Shodown games.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •