Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samurai Shodown 64 - Videos Inside!!!

icon35.gif Samurai Shodown 64 - Videos Inside!!!

As promised, I have made a couple of new videos showcasing some Slash combos. For now I got Kazuki Kazama, Ukyo Tachibana and my first video capture from way back when of Hanzo. I got a couple more vids that I will upload later this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL02EDF6AC01891247

Subscribe if you want, I will upload more.

You can check out my other videos in the meantime too if you wish. Got some funny online moments with friends.

Camel Slug

Very cool. Can you type out the command list for some of these combos?

Ah shucks there's really nothing to it :P

All I did really was timing my ultimate combos by hitting C+D together. The trick is to time it properly so that your final hit finishes them off.

Here's the tidbit on how the Ultimate Combo works. (I took this from GameFaqs)

- - Ultimate Combo - -

The ultimate combo are activated by pressing the buttons CD together , you will
    be able to do a cotinuous combo attack on your opponent by pressing A 5 times
    and then press B all way until your character does the finishing move or you can
    press A all the way . The same thing goes to the B button . You can either press
    B 5 times then A all the way till you character does the finishing move or B all
    the way . However , the CD attack must hit your opponent . The ultimate combo
    can be halted but under what circumstances it can be stopped i am not very sure .
    One more thing if you use the Ultimate Combo , it will also deduct your stamina
    bar .

EDIT: The Ultimate Combo can be stopped. I believe if the opponent hits Back in between the combo set, it can cancel the attack. You can see in one of my vids towards the end Hanzo does this (with such finese mind you lol)
    Last edited by HANZO; 02-04-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Wow this game looks really fun. I usually play the other ones at my local arcade. I think i might try to get this from some where.

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by Devilstar22 View Post
    Wow this game looks really fun. I usually play the other ones at my local arcade. I think i might try to get this from some where.
    Good luck finding an arcade that has it. It doesn't work in MAME.

neo retired

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    Good luck finding an arcade that has it. It doesn't work in MAME.
    Well, it kind of works in MAME. 3D graphics are emulated. No sound and backgrounds 2d stuff needs more work

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Getting the hardware isn't hard however SS64 seems to be quite the elusive cart.

Now featuring Aussie Tunes!

neo retired

Oh the days when Vektorlogic had a surplus of new hyper kits

updyke

I'd sell my SS64 cart. I don't think anyone has enough money for it though. "Out of my cold, dead hands" comes to mind...

And yeah, bought my 4 fighter carts and Hyper motherboard from Vektorlogic. Think it was $250 shipped for it all.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT: Inquire Within

Quote Originally Posted by slerch666 View Post
    I'd sell my SS64 cart. I don't think anyone has enough money for it though. "Out of my cold, dead hands" comes to mind...

And yeah, bought my 4 fighter carts and Hyper motherboard from Vektorlogic. Think it was $250 shipped for it all.
    Is the first one really that outrageous? I could have sworn I saw it here last year with a mobo for kinda on the cheap side, and I'm sure it wasn't warriors rage.

JammaNationX

The first one in complete kit is hard to find compared to the other fighters but it does pop up once in a great while. I'm guessing they didn't make that many.

Well crap, I was hoping to find a loosey sometime soon

The first one in complete kit is hard to find compared to the other fighters but it does pop up once in a great while. I'm guessing they didn't make that many.
    I am guessing that many of the ones that were made are now dead. Hyper carts die, maybe due to voltage issues, not sure. But I had this happen with FFWA years ago.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by Xander Crews View Post
    I am guessing that many of the ones that were made are now dead. Hyper carts die, maybe due to voltage issues, not sure. But I had this happen with FFWA years ago.
    I've never came across a dead one. I did get one from Waseem as he thought it was dead but turned out that it was just a dirty connector. The Hyper connectors are such a bitch to clean. Once it was cleaned up, it booted right up.

I've never came across a dead one. I did get one from Waseem as he thought it was dead but turned out that it was just a dirty connector. The Hyper connectors are such a bitch to clean. Once it was cleaned up, it booted right up.
    maybe my FFWA was dirty then. Not sure since it was from VL, new at the time, but who knows.

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

updyke

Quote Originally Posted by kidpanda View Post
    Is the first one really that outrageous? I could have sworn I saw it here last year with a mobo for kinda on the cheap side, and I'm sure it wasn't warriors rage.
    Is it outrageous? I don't know. All I know is MINE would be outrageously priced. It's a full kit (box, game, move stickers). But it's not because it's a full kit that I'd charge too much for it — I just really like the game. Though the second was better.

Still wonder why SNKP can't just give us a HNG 64 collection and put everything on a single DVD and sell it. Shit, do a HNG 64 collection for Live and PSN. Done.

Is it outrageous? I don't know. All I know is MINE would be outrageously priced. It's a full kit (box, game, move stickers). But it's not because it's a full kit that I'd charge too much for it — I just really like the game. Though the second was better.

Still wonder why SNKP can't just give us a HNG 64 collection and put everything on a single DVD and sell it. Shit, do a HNG 64 collection for Live and PSN. Done.
    I don't think the games aged well at all, but I would still buy into this.

updyke

I don't disagree — they have not aged well. The games are ass ugly. Gameplay is OK, but nothing amazing. The problem is, they are SNK and they are still fun to play. For me at least.

My cart is loose and pretty rusty. Bought it years ago for pretry cheap. Works fine.

neo retired

Hyper games could definitely benefit from a proper emulator with an anti aliasing setting

I don't disagree — they have not aged well. The games are ass ugly. Gameplay is OK, but nothing amazing. The problem is, they are SNK and they are still fun to play. For me at least.
    Asura Zanmaden is still fun. I don't think the rest of them are.

In particular, B1 is too clunky and slow. The concept was great. I mean really spot on. But it was just too slow and rigid.

JammaNationX

Asura Zanmaden is still fun. I don't think the rest of them are.

In particular, B1 is too clunky and slow. The concept was great. I mean really spot on. But it was just too slow and rigid.
    I think if the system was a success, a B1 sequel would have been the right speed.

It definitely would have, but the hardware wasn't as important to keep as the company behind it. B2 could have been on the Naomi or atomiswave (not the psx...) and still given us what B1 did not. I liked what SNK was going for with the hyper games. I don't think the hardware was good enough.

JammaNationX

I don't think the hardware was good enough.
    I agree 3D-wise but that system had some beautiful 2D stuff as you probably saw in SS64:WR.

Kula's Can

I have always liked the Hyper games. It was the first arcade board that I bought. I wish that the system had been a good success because we would have saw more games for the system come out. Still I am a fan of both of the Samurai Shodown games.

Thread Information