Neo Geo Pocket Master of Syougi

CapcomFanConverted

Galford's Armourer
Well, it's a Japanese Chess Sim Game. The rules are the same as American Chess, except you can bring your pieces back to the field somehow. I just sold it for 26$ mint on ebay.

SN K'

Armored Scrum Object
About the only thing I know about it is that I have it tickled

Helly

n00b
And to add it exitsts in both b/w and color version and is supports the link cable

Josh

Banned
So is it just like a normal chess game? Can anyone give short description? I love chess but I don't want a game that's completely different.

CapcomFanConverted

Galford's Armourer
Helly:
And to add it exitsts in both b/w and color version and is supports the link cable
No, it doesn't. Only a B&W NGP Jap version exists. Glad you did, rudekid! (that rhymed!)

I explained in my first post. It is Japanese Chess. Only one major different rule

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Does only a B/W version really exist? But the one you had for auction said 'Color' in bold color letters on the bottom, and the NCSX version also says 'Color' on the box. I'm so confused...

Sweater Fish Deluxe

Marked Wolf
No, there's definitely a color version. Aside from the the drawings of your opponents before the match, there's not really any color in it, though, just black and brown instead of black and white. Last time I checked, Game Choice Club still had copies for $12 each.

There's a number of differences, but like CapcomFanConverted mentioned, the only one that's really major is that you can put the pieces you've taken from your opponent back on the board (within certain limits) and use them for your side. There's also a couple different pieces (gold and silver generals instead of the queen and also the lances) and some pieces move veryly slightly differently. This all makes the game very easy to learn if you're familiar with chess, but it totally changes the sorts of strategies you'd use. I like shogi a bit more than chess actually.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Ah, thanks for the explanation. I got the black and white version and the character portraits actually kind of look better than those for the color version, but I know I'll want to get the color version as well at some point, if it has a hard clamshell and all ^_^