Omega Neo Geo CMVS VS Analogue CMVS Slim

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'd never buy a $200 stick that only supports 4 buttons.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I'd never buy a $200 stick that only supports 4 buttons.

Fair call but the stick is made to be used with the ai cmvs. For it to be a perfect layout for neo it had to be only 4 buttons. You can't get a perfect 4 button setup without sacrificing the layout in some way with 6.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Fair call but the stick is made to be used with the ai cmvs. For it to be a perfect layout for neo it had to be only 4 buttons. You can't get a perfect 4 button setup without sacrificing the layout in some way with 6.

Yeah, I agree. $200 is a big pill to swallow, but the AI stick is basically the best stick you can buy for the Neo right now (although I modded mine due to personal preference.) I agree though that for $200, you can make yourself a universal arcade stick, but that doesn't mean that the AI stick isn't a beautiful piece of kit.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

Easily done with a switch. In fact you don't even need a switch.

theMot

10 Year Member
What do you mean by switch?

The only way I could think of doing it is with 7 buttons. 4x along the top to keep with the neo pattern and 3x under.

theMot

10 Year Member
Yeah, I agree. $200 is a big pill to swallow, but the AI stick is basically the best stick you can buy for the Neo right now (although I modded mine due to personal preference.) I agree though that for $200, you can make yourself a universal arcade stick, but that doesn't mean that the AI stick isn't a beautiful piece of kit.

Thats right, I think most people who slam it haven't used it. I like the stick better than the CMVS itself.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
In the end if it's a dedicated Neo stick then I'd rather get 2 Neo Horis and mod them with JLFs and Seimitsu buttons.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Curious. What did you change? The stick?

I swapped out the Seimitsu stick with a Sanwa JLF, changed the spring in the stick to a 2 LB. spring, changed the square gate to an octagonal one, and added an over-sized actuator. I stayed with Seimitsu buttons, but added silencer pads to them. I don't care about the noise, but they actually change the feel of the buttons in a way that I like.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I swapped out the Seimitsu stick with a Sanwa JLF, changed the spring in the stick to a 2 LB. spring, changed the square gate to an octagonal one, and added an over-sized actuator. I stayed with Seimitsu buttons, but added silencer pads to them. I don't care about the noise, but they actually change the feel of the buttons in a way that I like.

Now that is a good $200 stick. I've had that setup before and it just makes playing fighters so easy.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
That's why I went with the octagonal gate. With the square gate, any time I would try to pull of a combo move that involved this: :qcf: or :qcb:, I'd overshoot the mark and end up jumping.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I had an AI and currently own an Omega. I prefer the Omega's design incase something happens and it needs to be fixed.

I love the look of the AI and I love the sticks but are you saying that there is no way to open it, should something fry and you need to replace the board, and that with an Omega, you can??

SolidSnakeII

Marked Wolf
Do you want something bulky and heavy? That you would not be able to even check in when you travel as weight restrictions are pretty bad now days. Or something slim, sleek, light weight and high quality that is cheaper!!

Omega all the way!! Makes a good travel companion too. Lol.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I love the look of the AI and I love the sticks but are you saying that there is no way to open it, should something fry and you need to replace the board, and that with an Omega, you can??

Both can be opened easily. The Omega from what I remember has the screws in plain sight(?) and the AI has the screws under the feet. I think he's referring to the fact that the AI has a "warranty" sticker.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Oh okay... yeah it wouldn't make very much sense otherwise right~

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
My AI CMVS showed up today. I honestly didn't know much about the Omega when I placed the order. I still think I'd prefer the AI now, but a large part of that is due to the fact you can get matching sticks. If Omega were to have matching sticks... I'd still be happy with my AI, but the decision would have been a lot tougher.

Nice looking AI you got there. It's definitely a tough call to choose between the two but I think the wise thing for me is to wait until the Omega sticks comes out to make a fair comparison. I definitely needs to invest in a CMVS, those AES games costs way to much!

TeamShake

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thinking of picking up a CMVS soon. Will probably go for the Omega as I think it looks more like a normal console. The AI is not bad looking, but i'm not a big fan of the wooden look. I do like the black wood ones more than the lighter though.

RetroGiga68k

New Challenger
If Quan could make some nice sticks with All Sanwa/Seimitsu parts they would walk out the door

At this point it would make sense for him to go all-Sanwa with his Omega stick, since those of us who prefer Seimitsu already have a perfect Neo stick being made by AI. Omega could cater to the Sanwa fans, and both markets would be covered.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
LOL sweet badge - I hadn't seen it in action yet! :D

Curious where you scooped that casing - looks almost like those blow molded ratchet cases you can drive a truck over. Is it thick...the case that is? I'd love stress testing that for you.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
LOL sweet badge - I hadn't seen it in action yet! :D

Curious where you scooped that casing - looks almost like those blow molded ratchet cases you can drive a truck over. Is it thick...the case that is? I'd love stress testing that for you.

:cool: It's pretty thick. It's definitely heavier than an AES stick, but not by much. I've been playing the one I made myself on Last Resort and really running it through the trenches. I don't wanna spam up this thread any more than it is though, so if anyone is curious or has questions just PM me. :D

I received my Omega today (only took 2 days to get to me) and I have to say it's a lot lighter than what I expected. It functions perfectly, but I perhaps expected that the plastic would be a bit thicker on it. I'm overall pleased with it, but at the moment, I only have a Neo Geo CD controller to use with it and the contoller port seems to be shorter than the plug on the controller, although it does fit and work. http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/Zach_Spears/P1000973_zpse11d00f1.jpg