Omega Neo Geo CMVS VS Analogue CMVS Slim

onyxx

Fartknocker.
I have the Analogue CMVS slim with two controllers, and I must say that it is fabulous and worth every $ i paid for it! For me it's much better looking than the Omega, but then again I haven't seen one of those live...

ChrisB

Another Striker
Onyx likewise I own an analogue cmvs in walnut and it looks amazing very high quality. I love the look of the AES, but some how I dont get the same wow factor when I look at the omega compared to the walnut.

onyxx

Fartknocker.
Onyx likewise I own an analogue cmvs in walnut and it looks amazing very high quality. I love the look of the AES, but some how I dont get the same wow factor when I look at the omega compared to the walnut.

Totally agree, no wow in that thing. Then again I didn't own an AES in the nineties and maybe there is a nostalgic thing with the Omega looking like the AES? By the way, I also picked the walnut over ash...so much wow on that one! ;)

vasilas432

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Totally agree, no wow in that thing. Then again I didn't own an AES in the nineties and maybe there is a nostalgic thing with the Omega looking like the AES? By the way, I also picked the walnut over ash...so much wow on that one! ;)
How long did you wait for getting it?

vasilas432

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
18 months? They need a year and a half to make the analog and ship it?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
18 months? They need a year and a half to make the analog and ship it?
Nope. That was what Joneo wanted to say: onyxx tought it over for 18 months before even placing the order. I don't know how long production time for the Analogue is, but certainly not that long.

medic_wheat

Kabuki Klasher
I think mine came in about 4 months after I placed my order...but they were waiting for the limite pior to production due to cost of completing the orders. I got a email saying alk orders were completed and actuall time from production to package at my house was more like 2 months

Im on the fence on buying their all wood controllers..if it was not doe he 200 dollar price tag id have pulled the trigger.....maybe if it was 75-125 id do it without a scond thought

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Im on the fence on buying their all wood controllers..if it was not doe he 200 dollar price tag id have pulled the trigger.....maybe if it was 75-125 id do it without a scond thought

You could always pay a local woodworker to make you an enclosure and then build it yourself but it would come out to about $150 depending on how much the wood worker charges for the enclosure. Sometimes they'll do it for like $50-75.

Great thread... very informative... I'm in the market very soon and also leaning towards the Omega simply due cost. I wish they offered some sort of package deal with 2 controllers tho.

butteroj

n00b
I had an AI and currently own an Omega. I prefer the Omega's design incase something happens and it needs to be fixed.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I'm currently in the market for a cmvs and leaning towards the Omega. But I'm curious about the condition of the wood encasing and wooden joystick for those who owns the AI for more than 2 years.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
My AI CMVS showed up today. I honestly didn't know much about the Omega when I placed the order. I still think I'd prefer the AI now, but a large part of that is due to the fact you can get matching sticks. If Omega were to have matching sticks... I'd still be happy with my AI, but the decision would have been a lot tougher.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
The OG sticks are awesome once you pop new buttons in them. I actually really like the angle and layout... it's very comfortable.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Nothing wrong with that once they are cleaned and regreased.

It's like trying to make cherry pie out of shit. The original Neo sticks are horrible compared to the AI ones. I have both.

If Quan could make some nice sticks with All Sanwa/Seimitsu parts they would walk out the door.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
The OG sticks are awesome once you pop new buttons in them. I actually really like the angle and layout... it's very comfortable.

Doesn't change the fact the stick is for a dwarf and the whole thing is too flimsy and light. It was nice 20 years ago but there are much better alternatives available now.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
The original AES sticks are OK. But I agree, once you have something like an AI stick, the AES stick seems a whole lot shittier. I really liked my AES stick. Even upgraded the buttons to little 24mm Sanwas. But I don't think I've used it once since I got my AI stick.

Speaking of which, since the Omega is $200 cheaper than the AI, and the AI stick just happens to be $200, seems like an Omega CMVS and a black AI stick makes for a pretty good combo.