What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I've actually been working on a no death of that game, problem is Mr. X is kinda bullet happy :/
Easily some of the best music I've ever heard from a Mega Drive

Really? A no death? that's impressive kid, I was starting to think it would be impossible to 1cc a beat-em-up, since it's way more random than a shmup. And you are very right, the music is fantastic.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Me and the cat playin Beats of Rage.

b-mup.jpg

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I picked up Guilty Gear Isuka, cuz I heard it had a beat-em-up mode similar to Guilty Gear Judgment, on psp. Thinking that a console mode of the aforementioned could only be better, I jumped right into it. UGHHHHHHHHH. A turn button? As in to turn around? It sort of made sense in the normal arcade mode of Isuka, and it was still awkard there, but on top of all the different attack buttons for a simple beat em up, I had to press a button to turn around and hit the asshole who was behind me, hitting me. I did only pay 7 bucks, but I seriously doubt this is ever coming down off the shelf again.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Really? A no death? that's impressive kid, I was starting to think it would be impossible to 1cc a beat-em-up, since it's way more random than a shmup.

I find the opposite to be true. I always go for 1cc runs with both the beat 'em ups and shooting games. I have been able to 1cc beat 'em ups with minimal practice in comparison to the amount of practice need for shooters.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Got the 1CC today for Warriors of Fate/ Tenchi Wo Kurau II, Saturn port.

2,507,300 with 4 lives in stock using Kan-U.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Golden Axe III. People who say this game sucks are cooked. I suppose If you are the type of person who only daydreams and carelessly mashes A all day, then GA III's strengths would be overseen. It is easily the best MD Golden Axe.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Was playing Sengoku tonite, I had to credit feed like crazy, even on normal! Those blue samurai with the swords are cheap as shit:very_ang:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Was playing Sengoku tonite, I had to credit feed like crazy, even on normal! Those blue samurai with the swords are cheap as shit:very_ang:

The music is so BOSS in that game, and I've said it so many times before, it the hit detection was fixed, the game would be alot more appreciated

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
The music is so BOSS in that game, and I've said it so many times before, it the hit detection was fixed, the game would be alot more appreciated

Serious about the music, so well done for a game of that day and age, my only other grievance besides your afforementioned hit detection, is how the P1 character walks like he is holding his butt cheeks together so he won't shit his pants:lolz:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Golden Axe III. People who say this game sucks are cooked. I suppose If you are the type of person who only daydreams and carelessly mashes A all day, then GA III's strengths would be overseen. It is easily the best MD Golden Axe.
I HAVE TO AGREE...
I never had the chance to play this until that MD collection hit the PS2, however, I found it to be the best of the three - in terms of playability at least. I've never been a huge fan of the first two though. I just found the fighting aspect to be really weak.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this truly qualifies, but I've been hitting AlienStorm (MD) hard this week - playing through Easy with all three consecutively @1cc a piece. The robot dude is my fave character though. It's not difficult really tbh, so will try the same on Normal soon enough. I absolutely love the soundtrack to that game - especially 'Tireless' (the 2nd chase sequence - where you jump rolling bombs and shoot the Alien spacecraft in the ass!).

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Final Fight, Golden Axe, TMNT: Turtles in Time

I never seem to tire of Final Fight, its always one of my fave goto Beat'em-Up's!

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
i finally got THE punisher board.but was suicide but thank's to mainman is phoenix now.
is a really fun Beat'em up.i will play it tonigh again again again

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Final Fight, Golden Axe, TMNT: Turtles in Time

I never seem to tire of Final Fight, its always one of my fave goto Beat'em-Up's!

I'm a big fan of the music in FF, especially the factory:)

i finally got THE punisher board.but was suicide but thank's to mainman is phoenix now.
is a really fun Beat'em up.i will play it tonigh again again again

glad you got it phoenixed, I love that game, the shooting was always my favorite part!

Last edited:

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
On the cabs:
Undercover Cops (USA)
Streets of Rage 2

Xbox 360:
Final Fight: Double Impact

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Mugicha: You should snag a dump (*.iso) of the Sega CD version of Final Fight, it has the remixed tracks. I believe they are even in CDDA format so dumping to *.wav and converting to *.mp3 should be a snap.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Mugicha: You should snag a dump (*.iso) of the Sega CD version of Final Fight, it has the remixed tracks. I believe they are even in CDDA format so dumping to *.wav and converting to *.mp3 should be a snap.

T's music soundtrack FTMFW!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Maybe I'm crazy, maybe but didn't the Final Fight Double Impact came with the Sega CD OST as an option? I'll check tonight.

I'm looking for a PGM mobo so I can start playing Last Gladiator again, awesome game!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
on the topic of Final Fight music I found this site with mp3 links. Per your recommendation Jass, I checked out the cd soundtrack and I love it, however the track I was thinking I liked the most wasn't the factory, it was westside cage match with Double Andore. I prefer the arcade version of that one (probably my all time favorite arcade track!) but the cd soundtrack is still fantastic!

http://rq87.flyingomelette.com/FF/Music/1.html

As far as what I'm playing, Ninja Turtles on genny, the hyperstone heist:)

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Mugicha: The Sega CD version made for some neat variations on the music, in allot of cases I still prefer the original arcade PCB. Still worth checking out for anyone who hasn't yet.

Neogeomaniac67: How is Splatterhouse on the Marty? I was a fan of the original arcade version, tho I did most of my gaming with the TG16 port. Turbo Grafix was a faithful port for the time I felt, missing the opening cut consequence, some frames of animation, and some sound effects.