What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Crime Fighters PCB, after having some JPN eproms burnt by my friend Fox1 this is a whole different game. Working on a 1cc so far I can clear it on 2 credits got to clean my play up in a few spots mainly boss 7 I think. The large army looking guy that will stab you in a fraction of a second. I hate this motherfucker ruined several of my good runs.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Did a 2-ALL of Violent Storm on Hardest JAC version. Now I just need to find a real board so I can record it since mame's sound emulation of this game is both awesome and bad.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I still play Streets of Rage Remake and Fighting Rage, using one of the new Saturn USB pads from retro-bit. Both games are good IMO and the pad behaves nicely.

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I love the SOR remake! Think I even got TAK to love it ;)

I discovered a new game (for me at least) called Nekketsu Oyoko on the Saturn.

It was a Jap only release and pretty fun with some quirky mechanics for the genre.

Seems far to easy though as I got to the last level on my first play through so need to decipher the Japanese options to find the difficulty setting!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Currently revisiting Burning Fight. It's very... iconic, the video game groundwork for Ronald Reagan's reign of nostalgic homilies. Very cool and very authentic. After all these wasted years, I finally got to understand its cinematic qualities.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Recently picked up Sengoku 3 for the MVS and Im really enojying playing it with my son.
I dropped the level down to 1 or 2 not for the difficulty but so he wouldn't get bored the enemies taking so many hits (for combos obviously)
And its yet another game that makes me I'm to have the Neo Save Masta for my 6 slot.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I picked up Capcom Belt Action Collection (physicaaaaal on Switch) and have put some time into beating (credit feeding) both King of Dragons and Captain Commando. Both are nice. King of Dragons is a bit weird with it's one-hit-kills for all the enemies. So, no combos. Fun though! Captain Commando is also fun. Love playing as the ninja as when you kill a baddie they get cut in half. Sound on both these games is typical shrill Capcom, but again, still enjoyable. really sounds like an early 90's arcade with it on the in the background.

Gameplay on this collection feels good. Perhaps a slight bit of lag on the emulation, but nothing near as bad as the Genesis collection, which is unplayable for everything except the RPGs. I'll need to compare Final Fight on the collection with my JPN PCB to get the final result, but yah, it does feel a bit slower on the punches. Really looking forward to playing Battle Circuit!

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
The NECA action figures for the Alien vs Predator series from Capcom got me back into playing that. A Site had them for sale when I was looking for the roms again. I have the physical PCB, but I've been playing it in my multicab as I like the octagonal controllers I have on them.

Has anyone seen the bucky o'hare figures from Fights? Seriously awesome as well.

Attachments

• unnamed_1_43d05b77-1e82-444c-91ba-02ab7bcac74d_large.jpg
    unnamed_1_43d05b77-1e82-444c-91ba-02ab7bcac74d_large.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 139
  • c107448785cb402b85f46c9cf530dd21lg.jpg
    c107448785cb402b85f46c9cf530dd21lg.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Those storm toads look awesome!

Loved Bucky O Hare.

I have just started playing another odd Jap beat em up (I seem to be getting a habbit of playing these :) )

This ones called Panzer Bandits on PS1.
It again seems a little easy with the enemies prone to rush attacks and not able to be knocked off the screen but its a fun game with some simple game play.
Really easy to just pick up and play even though I have no idea what the controls are its pretty quick to pick up combos etc.

To me its a bit like Top Hunter with the ability to jump between foreground and background with some charming cartoony GFX.

Ide say its worth a play if you have the chance.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Those storm toads look awesome!

Loved Bucky O Hare.

I have just started playing another odd Jap beat em up (I seem to be getting a habbit of playing these :) )

This ones called Panzer Bandits on PS1.
It again seems a little easy with the enemies prone to rush attacks and not able to be knocked off the screen but its a fun game with some simple game play.
Really easy to just pick up and play even though I have no idea what the controls are its pretty quick to pick up combos etc.

To me its a bit like Top Hunter with the ability to jump between foreground and background with some charming cartoony GFX.

Ide say its worth a play if you have the chance.

Panzer Bandit (singular)

Why does this one have "simple game play", professor?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Trying to 1cc Vendetta again, I was able to do it years ago, now I am stuck on stage 4 again. Still one of my top 5 beat em ups.

Edit: I usually run into some bad luck with either Missing link or the Rude bros and lose a life, and then I lose at Kruel Kurt. I had some strategies for this using Blood or Boomer, but I'll figure them out again.

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Panzer Bandit (singular)

Why does this one have "simple game play", professor?

Sorry Captain Sarcasm my PHD can not compete with your genius, Just as well this game only has a couple of attack buttons or I might of been really buggered.

I mean it took me a minute or 2 to work out a special move but other than that I just about managed....

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Dragon's Crown Pro

This is my first time playing this game. Never played the ps3 version and I have to say that I am impressed not only with the gameplay but also with the visuals. Very beautiful artwork in the stage design and characters, also the little side art they throw at you during the campaign is very well done. I'm using the Sorceress because she has a cool looking wizard hat lol.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I have just started playing another odd Jap beat em up...

While we're at it: The abbreviation you're looking for is Jpn. not "Jap". The latter's a colloquial pejorative and I don't suppose you want to come off as a fucking racist, right? Anyway, I just copied & pasted your answer down below, so to spare you the trouble of replying, cause... that is what a nice guy I am ;).

Sorry Captain Sarcasm my PHD can not compete with your genius, ...

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
While we're at it: The abbreviation you're looking for is Jpn. not "Jap". The latter's a colloquial pejorative and I don't suppose you want to come off as a fucking racist, right? Anyway, I just copied & pasted your answer down below, so to spare you the trouble of replying, cause... that is what a nice guy I am ;).

Meh some people already think ime racist (incorrectly).
But I am to old and generally un shit giving to change my abbreviations now.

The real question here though is have you played any good beat em ups??

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Meh some people already think ime racist (incorrectly).
But I am to old and generally un shit giving to change my abbreviations now.

1) *too

2) the modern Olympic Games are older than you, and use JPN

3) un shit giving? Prepare to receive a lot of shit, without giving any back you lazy fucking monorchid. Find your missing ball, and have enough gumption to admit you are wrong about this.

If you are already typing three letters (j a p), there is NO excuse for not choosing the three correct letters (j p n).

Better yet-stay lazy, and type two! JP.

4) currently playing: Crystal of Kings

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Picked up Super Punch Patrol for Switch since it was on sale for $2.50. Easily worth that, or worth the full $5 price.

Plays basically like a floaty/slippery Final Fight, which is a good thing. The only major drawback that I see with gameplay is that you can jump vertically which is a bit fucked up and I can't remember the last (any?) belt scroller I played that did that. Besides losing the normal stun jumping attack normally performed in games by holding down + attack, it's also a bit weird to actually use since the majority of the floor is white and your shadow isn't exactly the most defined thing in the world.

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Violent Storm. Still stuck on finding a good strategy for the 3rd boss. Using Boris as he rules.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The Takeover.

It actually managed to pry my attention away from Cyber Shadow for a bit lol

Apparently, this was the “Streets of Rage 4” that I was actually looking for lol

Last edited: