What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I've been playing Ghost Chaser Densei lately, and got dat 1cc. What an awesome game.

Also final boss music is kickass, literally eye of the tiger.

I hope Paprium turns out good, but only time will tell.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^ Awesome.

Didn't watch the whole video yet, but do you know about the throw loops on the bosses?

Grab toward corner, knee, knee, throw *catch boss*, knee, knee, throw *catch boss*, knee knee, free juggle

[/video]

I hope Paprium turns out good, but only time will tell.

I'm sure it will be archaic, trope ridden and designed with a total disregard to the existence of Ghost Chaser and other interesting displays of ambitious 16-bit mechanics.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Nope, only loop I know of is the one where you whiff your A+B desperation with Belva or Kurokishi upon boss wake up and then throw loop them ,but I think this only works on the arcade. I'll have to try that now. I also found out on Perfect G you can sometimes stun lock him in the corner as Belva with punches.

In any case I didn't do too many runs so pretty sloppy play from me but plan to play as the other characters and try what you suggested. My usual combo with Belva was grab * 2 hits * electric shock * running forward double knee into :down::up:special

and yeah Ghost Chaser Densei really stands out to me in the home console beat em ups for sure. It has juggles, special moves tied to a special bar, blocking (kinda underused imo) and OTG attacks. Only thing I don't like about Ghost Chaser Densei is if an enemy is stunlocking you it seems you can't use a desperation attack to get out, might just be me.

But yeah I hope the developers for paprium studied some beat em ups and combined all the good that was achieved from those 16 bit ports, heck even arcade.

Last edited:

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Played system 18/32 Alien Storm/Revenge of Death Adder. I love Sega beat em ups. I can't 1cc them but I go far enough to have fun.

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
Just got a CPS Dash board in with Cadillacs & Dino's. Damn what a good this is.... That music too......

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug
I've been playing Double Dragon Neon lately, and I'm really digging it. The music is great, and there are some great combos. I like it.

I also fired up Combatribes yesterday. That games is a blast! It feels like I'm playing an old Technos WWF game outside of a ring. Good times!!!!

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Regular jamma tmnt over the weekend and gold axe.
Tmnt I was wanting to play for a bit and finally got to it.
Then, golden axe had to happen as well.
Probably because both hadn't happened for a while.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Regular jamma tmnt over the weekend and gold axe.
Tmnt I was wanting to play for a bit and finally got to it.
Then, golden axe had to happen as well.
Probably because both hadn't happened for a while.

*WILHELM SCREAM*

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
I showed Metro City Suplex City. Just 1cc Final Fight with Haggar.

IMG_0506.JPG

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Thats a good one, SNES has it fair share of good beat em ups.

Played Power Rangers on SNES, while really easy, has some great music.

It does.

Power Rangers : The movie is way better though. Not that those games are really beat 'em ups...

Anyways, I recently got an AvP board this will be my summer game

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
It does.

Power Rangers : The movie is way better though. Not that those games are really beat 'em ups...

Anyways, I recently got an AvP board this will be my summer game

I'll give that one a try, especially if its got good music. AvP is probably one of my favorite, if not favorite beat em ups. Bare handed Predators is where its at. I need to put more practice on it, I usually hit a wall on the Mad Predator boss.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'll give that one a try, especially if its got good music. AvP is probably one of my favorite, if not favorite beat em ups. Bare handed Predators is where its at. I need to put more practice on it, I usually hit a wall on the Mad Predator boss.

As for AvP, I've never played the game for extended periods of time/consistently enough. I've reached close to the final boss before, and I got to the stage 6 boss today with Predator Warrior.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Thats a good one, SNES has it fair share of good beat em ups.

Played Power Rangers on SNES, while really easy, has some great music.

Yeah as far as SNES beat em ups, BR is probably my fave.

Have to check out Power Rangers though, actually want to check out the PS4 version, that and 99 Vidas, that looks like a Scott Pilgrim type beat em up, the videos of it look fun. Anyone play that yet?

Last edited:

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Been playing Double Dragon 2 - The Revenge. (PS4 Arcade Archives) Never played the arcade version before and surprised how much they re-used from the original game. Lots of visual upgrades and added content though... quality sequel and nothing like the NES version.

(The first two Double Dragon arcade archive games are half price on the UK PSN right now)

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Been playing Double Dragon 2 - The Revenge. (PS4 Arcade Archives) Never played the arcade version before and surprised how much they re-used from the original game. Lots of visual upgrades and added content though... quality sequel and nothing like the NES version.

(The first two Double Dragon arcade archive games are half price on the UK PSN right now)

I've had a PS4 since February and I have yet to see any arcade archives games on sale on the US PSN

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
The regular prices on the Arcade Archives are ridiculous. The US PSN had a few of them on sale in April and in October of 2016 but nothing since then... probably due for another sale soon.

Also, if you want access to more PSN sales, it's easy to create secondary PSN accounts for other regions and you can get cheap PSN cards for any country from offgamers.com. Once downloaded the games play fine from your main PSN login. There are also a lot of PSN exclusives on the JPN/HK stores, including about 15 arcade archive games that haven't made it to other regions.

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
A little Silent Dragon and Knuckle Bash. Holy shit I'm getting my ass kicked in Knuckle Bash.